Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

The monkey is NOT impressed...

MadScientistWorking posted:

What sort of insanity was that? Corrosion chemistry has been around since the turn of the century. Its not like its a novel concept that the boat was going to rust without intervention at that point.

Well, they said the Navy opted not to go with the standard preventative measures, and the contractors would likely be OK with that as it means more money in maintenance/up-keep contracts. Not a good business model I imagine...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Zeether posted:

This would be better without the lovely lowering, the blacked out tail lights, the roof rack, the exhaust and the drift charm.

"Drift charm"... the gently caress? Thats what that is? I thought it was some import version of truck nutz or similarly dumb idea.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

netwerk23 posted:

As seen at my local Toys'R'Us a few days ago. Florida has no inspections, but I wonder if the safety risk would get him pulled over?

That in Brandon? Looks very similar to a car I saw at the Brandon mall.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Nice, pretty sure I saw that thing rolling around here in Tampa during the RNC.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

dissss posted:

Note the bonus lawnmower

Did they drive in reverse all the way to where ever they were going? Unless they Ace Ventura'd it home, how the hell did they see forward...

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

I know in Florida, debris falling out of a vehicle and hitting your car is not a claim for auto insurance, since it didn't involve a "crash", so it would have to be handle by small claims or civil suits, or something to that nature. A buddy who works for a body shop doing primarily insurance work told me about this.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

astrollinthepork posted:

Not even with comprehensive?

Good question, I do not honestly know.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Not a single "wrong thread" comment? I so want one of these right the hell now.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

grover posted:

jagityerdeer?

I'm honestly surprised we don't see more reinforced and spiked front bumpers in deer country.

My brother and his friend did this a few years back but with a 7 foot shark they caught on the west coast of Florida, and they tied it down to the roof of the car. They said some of the looks they got were priceless. Wish I had a picture of it.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

I believe this is the right thread for two reasons. A: I realllly dislike the paint scheme. B: Parking job. X6 I think...?

Fermunky fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Nov 19, 2012

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Sorry, I left out that what you do not see is the stairway exit he is partially blocking, that was the parking failure. Being a fellow door ding avoider myself, I would usually understand.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

According to BMW USA site, unladen it is 5225 for the xDrive50i. And yes it was painted black.

Edit: meant painted, not CF hood.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Pseudonym posted:

Isn't that a television antenna normally seen on limousines? More importantly, where the hell are you going to put a TV in a Del Sol?

I think it is pretty obvious that he will mount the TV on another spoiler that is mounted on the hood.

SaNChEzZ posted:

Sticking with the theme here, sorry for the drive by.

Living in Tampa, I see this stupid look all the time. I cannot remember which magazine it was I read an article years ago, but I think someone said the "donk" look was started in Tampa? loving Florida...

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Pretty Cool Name posted:

I don't know if this fits the thread but it sure looks pretty terrible.

Being that I've lived in Florida since I was 4, I have no idea what this means for a car after something like this. Does this usually immediately gently caress a car up? I would imagine the weight of all that alone would be enough to damage something...

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Polk county FL, doesn't surprise me. I know you can find MUCH more out there.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

LongDarkNight posted:

But I'm in Upstate New York. I think he drove here to bang a trashy girl from our office. Don't you have those in Florida?

It's Florida, so the answer is obviously "yes".

Sorry though, assumed you were also in the Lakeland area, but every tag was blacked out.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

delpheye posted:

Huh. I'm an idiot. I glance at it once a week and it registered in my head as the ring. In 1 google I was proven wrong.

Your hatred for the ring stickers though is still justified.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

It was my understanding that the Ring stickers were meant that you've been to and made a run on the Ring; not to indicate that you're a fan of the Ring, which ties into your NHRA question. Basically, I look at it like an "I Voted" sticker...

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

OK, what am I not getting out of that image?

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Cakefool posted:

I think you mean the world's greatest simultaneous, spontaneously bursting, monster truck rally/demolition derby

Fixed, just to add...

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

It's really terrible from the front and back, but I never get a chance on this road to have enough time to get out and snap the front and back.

On an Element

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Most states require a reflector in red color. Seeing white reflect back at you is usually no good I would imagine.

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Aurune posted:

http://i.imgur.com/BbFHQ04.jpg

Every cheap piece of tacky plastic poo poo you can buy for your trunk on one SUV. I especially like the air deflector combined with the hood scoops.

No fake chrome gas door cover :colbert:

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Terrible Robot posted:

That poor FD has Elephantiasis :smith:.

I was about to ask what the hell it originally was. Was torn between a viper, miata, rx-?, s2000 etc

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

Negromancer posted:

Does it matter? I thought all BMW's of that era needed premium.

"Recommended" vs. "Premium" yadayadayada, but yes, the manual and dash will recommend premium. hell, my 94 740 recommended premium

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fermunky
May 30, 2003

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Why is an OK plate scary?

Scary as it means it's also driving on roads.

I also giggled a bit at the thought of a tiny man standing on the roof of it.