Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I actually said "Oh god why?!" when I saw this. That poor Challenger. The driver shouldn't drink so much though, looks like he was trunk driving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I see this parked near a house I deliver to sometimes. The licence plate says INTIM8R (I guess INTMD8R was taken?), I guess it's a Dale Earnhardt edition of the Silverado, with Intimidater and SS badges everywhere. I think it's terrible.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

The kits can be purchased here.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Mighty Horse posted:

If it's more than 2/3rds the value of the car they will total. Below that, they will fix. So it was close, maybe REAL close.

2012 Challenger R/Ts started at 29,995, so if he had one or two extra options it'd be just enough to not be totaled after 20k in damages.

Seriously though, I cringed when I saw those pics. Super sorry for your loss, Challenger R/T is my current dream car. Hope you get her back soon.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Billy Zane posted:

Someone posted this on Club Lexus

It looks like it accidentally bumped a bundle of scrap metal and it happened to stick to the nose. Especially with the busted-rear end license plate. What the hell drives somebody to do this to their car? :psyduck:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

JaysonAych posted:

I never realized how bad parts sharing was in that interior either. I can count at least 5 things in there that were on my Stratus.
Those A/C vents were in the '98 Dakota R/T too, I think.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Maybe it's just slowly forming a cocoon and will turn out to be a beautiful butterfly-car when it's done.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Saw this on the way back from buying school books. It's a Chevy Colorado.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Linedance posted:

This is the most offensive vehicle I have ever seen.

I recognized it as a Disney princess coach before I recognized it as a PT Cruiser. That's impressive.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Budget Monty posted:

twisted metal
If the offending car did that to your 4-ton American steel, I would honestly like to see the other guy's car. It must be totaled.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Erays3r posted:

This braintrust decided that it was a good idea to plastidip their tail lights , Im sure this will turn out well for them.
:wtc:
Not gonna lie, that looks kinda cool just sitting there. But theory vs practice... when you take into account what the lights are for, that is absolutely pants-on-head retarded.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

It Came From The College Parking Lot.

Could only get a couple bad pictures of it as I was almost late for class. But yeah... barf.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Pretty terrible.

It had the obligatory illest and shocker decals on the back mirror as well.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Can't unsee.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Previa_fun posted:

The great state of Arkansas (jokes aside it's awesome here for as many reasons as it is terrible) has "Choose Life" license plates, complete with smiling kids.

Nothing says "single-issue voter" quite as well.

Phone posting so I don't have a pic, but Maryland has these too. :negative:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Spotted in an Annapolis parking lot. Still laughed like the 13-year-old I am sometimes. Sorry for the potato pic but the driver was still in it and I didn't want to cause a scene.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Sappo569 posted:

Touchscreen chat;

I had the opportunity to drive a Tesla around for a day or two

Impressions of the touch screen were good, it was super easy to use while driving combined with the voice commands and steering wheel controls.

The bad... everything is driven by the computer/MFD, they've already started to release software patches for things like the suspension being stuck in 'high' ride height and refusing to lower at all.

Combine the noiselessness (it's a word I swear) of the car, with the focus on the center console for all your information aside from the speedo, it' wont be long until a Tesla drive plows into a pile of people at a crosswalk or some such, while checking their facebook from the MFD

This is good stuff. The boyfriend and I will be test driving a Model S next weekend. He's not the type to check his phone/Facebook in the car at all, but I'll definitely keep an eye out for how the touchscreen performs.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Only got these 2 pics as the owner was walking towards me, but it seemed gaudy enough for the thread. The rear end and inside had more black vinyl on it. The guy had two popped-collar polos on too, bluetooth in, smacking his gum, aura of the most important person in the world. Sorry if they're kinda potato quality, my phone is butt.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Throatwarbler posted:

Yes, maybe it wasn't clear but that's not some ghetto hack repair, the bumpers are actually attached like that from the factory. The factory zipties broke off after about 18 months, the car is a MY 2011 and this is the second set of new zipties. Just get them done during regular oil changes.

EDIT: Imported from Detroit. :italy: :hf: :mexico:

quote:

factory zipties
This phrase just blew my mind.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Tony Stewart hits and kills another driver at a dirt track. I'd say that's terrible car stuff.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

BlackMK4 posted:

Well, let me entertain you with something not too pleasant. Sprint cars are like 1700lb and make over 1000hp. They have no clutch - they are direct drive and have no LSD. The rev in the video is the massive loss of traction created by the body pitching a tire into the air causing the motor to suddenly have much less load than before so it gains revs very quickly. You can imagine the rest.

Tony wasn't up in the dirt to throw roost, he was down on the line which is sticky.

I'm not shifting the blame, I'm just explaining what the video actually shows rather than people saying he throttled up and rammed the dude.
I know he'd never do it on purpose, and the Ward was just as much at fault as he was. I'm just saying the entire incident is terrible car stuff.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

drat, that ugly-rear end Tron Lambo is in BC? Maybe I'll see it in person when I go back to Vancouver for Christmas.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

One of the Facebook groups I follow just posted this tonight. Why...

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

iwentdoodie posted:

Basically gently caress Houston is what I'm saying.
After living there for 3.5 years, this is a statement that should be more of a universal truth than "fire hot."

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

There are skilled rally drivers. And then, there's...

http://i.imgur.com/PqRSZEY.webm

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

As a (now former) Domino's driver, I think this is a little neat. It's nice not to put miles on my own car and having a warmer in the car can be handy.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Parked in front of a vape shop, because of course it was. Pardon the photo quality, I took them through my side window.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I would share that, but I'm scared that one of my non-car guy friends would actually do it.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

ReelBigLizard posted:

A friend of a friend owns a couple of farms and the family is quite wealthy. When he needs a new landy he makes a point of turning up to the Land Rover dealership looking like Wurzel Gummidge, sitting in all the vehicles and acting like a thicko country bumpkin before paying for a brand new high spec defender in cash.

Good salesmen never judge a customer by how he looks. When I worked at a local Ford dealership we had a couple good ol' farm boys come in and buy high end F150s for cash, while a guy in a 3 piece suit couldn't get financing for an $8000 used Mazda.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

The Locator posted:

Not what I'd call terrible, but page number appropriate.

I love Webb Bland's photography. His gallery on deviantArt is huge and awesome.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Powershift posted:

I think somebody needs to look into that last guy on the research team.

...but why a Hyundai?

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

https://youtu.be/QYtVYwdaSD8

Saw this on my way home for lunch today. Please mute, I forgot that it recorded sound to (I don't record poo poo very often). Oil leak? It started belching blue smoke when the light turned green.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

sofullofhate posted:

Remember, remember
the 5th of November
the PCV, oil rings, and grot.
I think that it's all, though
the oil-burning Volvo
can do to get home from the lot.

A black cloud behind
as it cruises along
tells all who aren't blind
that the valve seals are gone.

But maybe, just maybe
the turbo is shot
and that is the reason
for soot, and the grot.

At day's end it's clear
this car's end is near -
if it isn't impounded
I'll just be astounded.

A repair to make
for 14 inch's sake!
If you won't give it one
it'll take two.
The better for it,
and the worse for you.

A rope, a rope, to tow the dope
and ten quarts of oil to drown him,
a gallon of fuel to soak it down
and a strike-anywhere match to burn it.
The flames boys! The flames, boys! Make sure to feed 'em!
Send this loving wreck back to hell (or to Sweden)!
Hip, hip, hooooorrraayyy!!

ninja: I'm so so sorry

Never, ever apologize. :allears:

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Me being a brand new stick driver is terrible car stuff, so I put this up to make everyone's life easier.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Terrible car stuff - was finally going to my first cars n coffee, got there and it was cancelled due to weather. It's only overcast!

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Solar Coaster posted:

Out of curiosity, where was this?

Sandy Pony Donuts in Parole MD. Looks like there were a couple dozen cars there last weekend, but I got there at about 10am and there was no one there.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

fyodor posted:

We have 3 local Cars n Coffees and they all start at like 5am and end at 9am.

The gently caress gets up at 5am on a Sunday? I guess I'll just be missing out then!

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Spades posted:

About a year ago I posted a brief rundown of my Father's insistence on living an episode of Bush Mechanics with an ancient and horrendous VK Commodore.

Since then the car finally decided it had enough and simultaneously destroyed its driveline, transmission, clutch and flywheel in what I presumed was the automotive equivilent of a mercy killing, but my dad is addicted to fixing the unthinkable so he transplanted new running gear into a car that was already an automotive disease festival.

Most of it can be explained by the odometer:

(This would already be a lot of kilometres for a shitbox like a Commodore if it hadn't rolled over once already.)

Rest of the pictures here so not to annihilate the rules:
http://imgur.com/a/y9RAj

Mechanically, the car is hosed.
-Radiator physically fell out of the car due to the mounts rusting away, so was tigwelded back in
-Engine has been bored and sleeved with larger pistons because the original pistons had worn the block impressively oval
-Power steering fluid keeps disappearing. It doesn't seem to leak anywhere but it just vanishes. So a bottle of fluid is concealed under the cowl for on the road topups.
-Fuel injection replaced by carb and air cleaner from a 1980's era Falcon
-Head replaced because it was warped from the factory courtesy of GM quality control
-Suspension is ruined enough that the car rides extremely hard on bumps and will lean 15 degrees at the suggestion of a corner
-Exhaust recirculation system removed and replaced with nothing
-Factory original intake/exhaust crossover, which helps with the car's overheating problems and contributes to occasional vapourlock.

Interior wise, the car is hosed.
-Ignition column starts without a key. This is okay because the key itself is a car thief's hand-filed masterkey
-Seats spontaneously disintegrated a while back, so both seats have been replaced by color-clashing seats from different models of Holden
-Steering is so worn that the steering wheel is upside down at neutral, but that's okay since it takes about 180 degrees of turning to get any response out of it
-EFI choke replaced by automatic choke. Automatic replaced by manual choke attached to hood release handle
-Car started to eat batteries while off; added manual battery killswitch
-New running gear didn't fit the old pattern. Centre console replaced with nothing
-Steering column shroud replaced with nothing
-Windows only open half way down. Sometimes they go back up
-AC stuck in 'slightly warm, footwell' settings. Interesting and annoying as the AC isn't even connected

Makes 80HP at the wheels and gets about 20MPG, but at least the brakes work.
"Replaced with nothing" is the best part. This post made me cry laughing this morning.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Looks like a Picasso piece.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

I don't understand it. Is it upside down? What is it's purpose? Why does it have a tiny shelf on it? :iiam: