Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.
Is it because of visual impairment of other drivers due to reflection that they wont allow metal finish in deutschland?

This has me really wanting to paint a big old american car in stainless finish like the f-104.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

We know what you been up to and my advice on that little venture is to pack it in. It won't work. It will all end in tears.

As a rabid mopar fan, i must say this does not belong here :colbert:

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

Terrible Robot posted:

As a fellow Mopar fan, I tend to agree, but the cell-phone pics thread has been rolled into this, so :shrug:

Also, the old white car in my post is a mopar as well (I think).

I cant tell what it is, but i know Chrysler/Dodge was wild with the fins in the late 50's, so it could be. Might also be Imperial. Its just too old for me to know based on that one picture.

I'll just put it down as a Chryslis Highwayman.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

Reichstag posted:

Or you prefer it for some reason? Buying a car is rarely a question of practicality, if it were nearly no one would drive a car in a city at all.

Riiight, because adding 45 minutes to a 10 mile trip each way using public transportation is 'practical'.

If your city's only public transport is the bus, having a car is a must.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

Reichstag posted:

Or you could bike? Or consider the enormous resource and safety cost of personal motorized transit as part of the equation.

:jerkbag:

Excuse me while i go run seafoam through my engine, it makes a really pretty cloud!

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

Even the flag is made in china.

Judging by the caliber of people ive encountered my few times inside a harbor freight, as much as i hope their naming schemes like "Chicago electric" "pittsburgh steel" dont fool anyone as to their true origin, I have a sinking feeling people walk away thinking they got a smokin deal on some quality american made tools.

(im aware milwaukee and dewalt are also MIC, but we all know the difference)

Edit: holy poo poo, that is the least effort worst mad max car ive ever seen.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

DropShadow posted:

Some more photos of the A4 Avant "rat rod" popped up over on Audizine:

I'm trying to put my finger on whats bugging me about this car. I think as far as the "rat" part of it goes, they did a pretty impressive job. They took a crappy shell and rigged the entire thing with total garbage to get something that moves for almost zero budget.
It bothers me less than the high dollar chromed and gloss "rat rods" that are actually a large budget build with fake rust on the body.

I guess its just that this car obviously isnt a "rod". It would be terrifiying at 10 mph, if it even gets that high. There was no thought to building a functioning car beyond moving under power, it seems from the photos.

The mad camber and the wood interior. :ughh:

Its interesting, would probably be a hit at any custom show, even as a gimmick.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

I have to assume the drivers in the truck video were drinking. I hope they got busted real good.
Doing this in a field out nowhere is one thing, but that was nuts. I like how the one girl screams "thats my dodge" apparently she lent her truck out? That always ends well, putting someone in charge of a vehicle they have no attachment to and expecting them to not destroy it.

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

7:15 Am in December, in snow, a white car suddenly appears on my bumper on a 35mph country road. No lights. I think i actually gasped a bit being so surprised to see someone behind me like that in those conditions with NO LIGHTS.

People in Eastern Wa leave their brights on all the time at night. 75% of people drive lifted newer trucks with all their extra light options. Its normal to have the cab of my non lifted old f150 illuminated like a stage when i drive home on the highway.

I had my most serious fog driving experience this evening. A 20 min drive was 40 min because semis on the highway refused to do more than 35 mph and there was a huge convoy. It felt pretty sketch because so many cars were packed together. I did maintain a good following distance, i kept thinking about that massive pileup in texas recently where people died and a mile of road was blocked. It had the potential to be that bad. Visibility was 50 yards at most.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raw_Beef
Jul 2, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

As a Ducati owner :smug:, I pity you who will never know the smug of owning a Ducati.

Dude i think theres something wrong with your bike, at the stop light it sounds like metal banging!

I rode motorcycles in washington for years. I was really reckless and somehow managed to not die or get arrested. I feel i have used up all my bike-luck, and my guardian angel is sick of my poo poo. So my sweet HD forever sits with its battery maintainer.

Raw_Beef fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 10, 2013