Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Gonna have to join the dog pile, you have gone too far this time you sassy mod you! Craigslist needs its own thread, and mechanical failures. Cell phones did not need their own thread, but those do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
Mercury is entirely overblown as a health hazard.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....

Hello Spaceman posted:

Uh you might wanna have your hat checked, buddy.

No, I am not as mad as a hatter. Yes, if you go to work everyday and are constantly exposed to mercury, you will get sick. Just like you would get sick if you replaced the mercury with lead.

As far as skin contact goes, if I recall correctly, clean elemental mercury should be handled with the same precautions as lead. It is very bad to inhale in vaporized form, but pretty much harmless when handled or even ingested. In fact, before the dangers got blown way out of proportion, MSDS sheets used to suggest simply washing your hands with soap after direct contact with Mercury.

Its 2:40 in the morning, so I am not gonna spend all night looking up the buried facts on it, but here is a wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_poisoning#Elemental_mercury

mutt2jeff fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Aug 24, 2012

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
All I can say is :barf:

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
An AMA membership comes with a pretty good tow package for motorcycles, and most owners groups do too.

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
National Geographic channel covers L.A. Street Racers for an episode, and it is terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jky79YsH0mY

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
To be fair, most of the cars in the Seattle episode were terrible, slow ricers. I couldn't even finish the episode it was so lousy. It would seem that the LA scene is far superior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mutt2jeff
Oct 2, 2004
The one, the only....
The truck rig is for hunting wild hogs. Need need to be mobile, so you can go where the pigs are, and high up to see above the sage.