Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Let's just give it a chance... While I'm not partial to them either, maybe it'll turn out for the good of AI.

CONTENT:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
It's all about making soccer moms feel safe.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Was that real ostrich?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Paul Boz_ posted:

Paiyng $3.87 for 93 octane :smug:

One benefit of living in Louisiana is that we refine a ton of petroleum and have traditionally low as hell fuel and electricity pricing.

Whatev. Gas in Mississippi is $3.40 right now :colbert:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
The Juke-R is a joke and the worst way to spend $600,000.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
If I had $600,000 to piss away on a unique motoring experience, I'd buy something like this. Then I'd go buy a Juke & a GT-R. Then I'd blow the Juke up with some explosives and spend the rest of the money on the GT-R. You'd be surprised what almost $300,000 can do to a GT-R.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
The fake decals are everywhere. From this years' Goodguys West Coast Nationals where the minute attention to detail is what gets you the title. The decal by the wheel is a Mercedes V8 Kompressor badge, and he has a Ford Racing crate V8

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Terrible Robot posted:

What exactly is it that attracts people to Sebrings?

An ex-room mate of mine had one. a '01 I want to say. Well, the trans poo poo its' self and would often rough shift in and out of gear. He tried (unsuccessfully thank god) to sell it for $2,000. Someone actually offered him $1,500 cash and he turned it down before I could tell him to take the money and run.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I think we can wrap this thread up.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Also notice the impressive lack of tread on the front tires.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Jeremy Clarkson would be envious:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Powershift posted:

It's happening again.

At least the A pillar isn't an important structural member.

http://autobotanik.livejournal.com/31952.html

There's a whole bunch more of these here: http://autobotanik.livejournal.com/

To be honest, that's pretty similar to what I've seen a lot of high-dollar muscle cars go through. Reading through the translated version, it appears they spent months making sure every single part they got was OEM.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Nathan Explosion posted:

I saw this terrible riced out Civic today. To give him credit the bad body kit is painted and there are two fart cans to fill the bumper cutouts.

The steelies kinda suck but what baffles me is the mirrored gold civic and ex badges. Is he going for the M1 look? Did he find an extra set of badges cheap and threw them on there just for kicks? Is he profoundly stupid? We may never know.

A lot of dealerships put gold badging on green & red cars for some reason. Case in point 94+ Mustangs.

VVV Wow, just noticed the mirrored badging. That's horrible :(

Devyl fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Nov 11, 2012

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
There is a dealership in Louisiana that's selling a stock 86-88 Honda Civic for almost $8,000. I head that way in the next few days. I'll snap a few pics for everyone.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

M42 posted:

The insurance scam videos make me feel that way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbFZVIwW8kY

Good thing I'll be getting a gopro when I get a bike :getin:

So is THAT how the Russians are getting all those fancy exotics? I love how 3 minutes in, the guy just decks the scam artist.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
oops... forgot a few.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
If they really want to cover street racing, they need to go somewhere like West Palm Beach, Florida.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Not just that, but with the bottle not being at the proper angle, he's gonna be giving his local NOS filling station so much money... That whole set-up is just an abomination. Wow, holy poo poo:

quote:

Well, the amount of metal particles were minimal after I used a narrow wooden stick with some grease und managed to angle out most of the debris.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Is the interior upholstered in Burburry?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I'll post this here but it can go in a few other threads too...

Chevrolet has a pretty interesting "1-13-13" video campaign about it on YouTube with sneak shots.

Conception

Calibration

Craft

They're putting a LOT of effort and hype into this, and I just really really hope it delivers, aside from the horrible looks.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Measly Twerp posted:

Oh come off it. That rear end looks amazing, what are you people seeing? If it looks anything like those renderings I'll move to the loving states and buy one. It looks like a proper car, not a wedge of plastic.

The whole point of super cars is to look outrageous and go fast, it looks like the Corvette will deliver.

It's not a "proper" car (for me anyways) until Chevrolet gets off their stuck-in-the-past attitude about keeping the engine in the front. Make it rear-engine, shorten the front by a good bit and now we're talking.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

rocket_350 posted:

Near top right I think I see an early eighties third gen Trans Am. It looks like it has the hood with the off centre bulge.

Bottom of the second row I see a SMART ForTwo & Mini Cooper. Also, :20bux: says those donuts are from the convertible 5th gen SS Camaro in top-left corner of the picture. The only yellow car in the picture in case you can't find it

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Came across this gem today.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I hate those exact three colors. They're just so drat boring. Although, black is kinda 50/50. Some cars look pretty good in black but not other colors. Around here, you're ideal get-away vehicle would be something from the Mopar field. Don't know why, but since Katrina, it's been practically nothing but Dodge Chargers, Challengers, Avengers, Magnum, and the list goes on. That and Nissan. There's so many Altimas & Optimas EVERYWHERE. It's just odd for being in the South.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jan 7, 2013

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

amenenema posted:

Dude that's loving cool

It would be if it kept going & covered the rocker panel. Also, the truck needs to be that 80's green. And slightly uneven.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
N/M, I'll play nice.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
It's about keeping the brand exclusive. Sure, they could drop the price a good bit, but then everyone would be driving one, and it wouldn't be as highly sought after. When you say Porsche to someone, 95% instantly think "expensive". The other 5% think "douche".

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Sounds like a few people in this thread have never opened or closed an air vent in a Bentley. The levers have felt on the backside of the dash to give them a soft feel. THAT'S attention to detail.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
You should see Craigslist now. People are trying to dump C4s for $15-20,000. It's hilarious.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Wow.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Here is the full story. That's why I will never trust a cage that isn't built by a professional. That's something you don't just put in yourself over the weekend. Unless you're a pro cage builder.

Devyl fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Jan 22, 2013

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Not the worst thing I've seen on the road, but pretty nasty anyway.

That is NOT plasti-dip. That is spray paint. And Godholio is right. It's the Metalcast finish spray paint. The person was trying to achieve the same color as Work Meister S1's in their now-discontinued anodized blue finish.

Picture for reference as to what they probably looked like in his mind:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I'm sure you turned right around, walked in the store, and asked the manager if they had security camera footage while you were dialing the cops; right?

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
Went for a drive today.

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Yeah, that'll pass tech alright :rolleyes:

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!
I kinda want to buy a $100 van or car and just go to town with a bedazzler and glitter paint about how automotive enthusiasts' rights are being taken away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devyl
Mar 27, 2005

It slices!

It dices!

It makes Julienne fries!

Voltage posted:

Had a manual transmission chevy prizm without a tach, but swapped in a corolla cluster with one and it worked fine. Does it really cost that much more to put in a drat tach???

Always wondered this myself. Also, my manual '99 Civic DX (no power options other than power steering) doesn't have a tach either.