Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

This looks like a 5 year old's Lego creation brought to life and I love it for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I saw a very bad car today, so now you have to see it too.

A non-functional roof scoop is bad, but not the worst thing. We can put that aside and instead focus on this wing.

Wing? Maybe?

Seriously what is going on here? I kept staring at it trying to make sense of any of what this was supposed to be. Did they accidentally mount it backwards? Upside down? I have no idea but somehow it looked even dumber in person than it does in these pictures.

On the plus side, there were way more good cars at the Good Guys show, so those'll go in the other thread.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

cursedshitbox posted:

Wrong thread

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Sagebrush posted:

I can't imagine a single failure mode that would lead to a car producing something like that from its exhaust pipe, so I'm leaning towards "they just filled the exhaust system with some sort of black gunk to get the tiktok views."

I was thinking caught in a crazy flood or mudslide.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Going against the flow - lower everything. The lower the better. Ground clearance be damned, that poo poo looks rad.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Car looks dope. :colbert:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Wings are good actually. Put huge wings on everything.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I know this isn't Automotive Sanity but holy poo poo this seems like a terrible idea. Carrying 2000+ lbs almost entirely above a 1/2 ton pickup seems like a body roll and center of gravity nightmare. I want to be nowhere near this mess on even the gentlest of curves.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Wrong thread, mail truck rules.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

That truck is awful in like a dozen different ways but I'm most angry about running those tiny tires under a giant lift. If you're going to make a stupid big truck, at least go all the way with it.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

wesleywillis posted:

Imagine the burnouts you could do if you kept that chassis bare.

Literally my first thought.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Powershift posted:

You could probably wrestle an entire $10k Tesla rear subframe/drive unit loose after removing about 10 bolts and cutting some coolant/brake/electricity lines, but then you’ve got to fence it to someone who wants it, and you’ve got a pretty big problem if you let the electricity out.

PM me if any of you do this.

https://www.holley.com/products/ev_conversions/swap_brackets_and_accessories/parts/HEV002-001

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I am a big fan of EV conversions, but uhhhhh maybe not like this.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

The Door Frame posted:

I'm sure it's all just the regular "low VIN Tesla problems" as actually demonstrated in this screen grab from a strangely positive review. Apparently a common and acceptable flaw that you should expect on $60k vehicle from a company that has been manufacturing several different models of cars for more than a decade
Yes, the door is closed all the way

A reminder:

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

At some point this forum is going to need a "Hilarious Car Stuff" thread for all the Cybertruck failures.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

"Worship" is a weird way to describe a thing I want because it's neat.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

CommieGIR posted:

I am continually amazed at how lovely these are.

The impressive thing is we knew they were going to be huge piles of poo poo and they managed to be even worse than expected.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I told my car to go to the store in error. Thankfully it took me to the white pride march instead. Thanks Elon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

I was all ready to be mad about a car from the age of computer controlled everything letting you select reverse while at 50 MPH. Came away pleasantly surprised.