Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
All of these were spotted around the Boston area over the past couple of months

There, I fixed it. (East Broadway, South Boston)

Pretty! (Brighton)

Sweet 'clipse dude. (Microcenter parking lot, Cambridge)

Why? (Stop & Shop parking lot, Woburn)

Badd rear end girlz drive badd-rear end toyz (in the parking garage at work, Waltham)

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Are there any more details on the wood interior, because I'm assuming that's not the eclipse.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Something didn't look right about this car parked in the grocery store employee parking spot.

Stop & Shop parking lot (Allston,MA)

Note the horrible seat covers in the first pic.

Not pictured (because the windows were too reflective to get a good shot) the automatic transmission shift lever.

Is this in the wrong thread?

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Sep 9, 2012

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

DrPain posted:

It's like a kia soul raped a hyundai santa fe.

Even the name drips of focus groups. Old white people will buy them because it reminds them of the old Juke boxes and young minorities will buy them because DAWG THROWIN' A JUKE MOVE ON DA FIELD.

That acura is awful too.

The acura kind of reminds me of a CRX.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

IOwnCalculus posted:

Mine did too, until I told her how small it is on the inside (I think it's actually got a smaller interior than our Mazda3 hatch). At a glance it appeals to the I-want-a-crossover crowd but it is really, really small for a crossover.

The headlights are the same as the Nissan Leaf right? I think I saw on Top Gear that those headlights are designed that way to divert wind noise from hitting the side mirrors and distracting the driver since the Leaf is so quiet. Still doesn't explain why they use the same shape on the Juke, but there's at least a reason for headlights like that.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

DrPain posted:

You'll be sorely disappointed do discover only bulls have horns.

:regd08:

That might be why it would end up as a disaster...

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Spades posted:

-Fake black-on-black racing stripes attempting to rip off Design Edition cayman (which have hilariously been already wrecked by stone chips)

It's worse than black on black. it's carbon fiber stickers.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

EightBit posted:

Studies have shown that having a phone conversation in a car is dangerously distracting, regardless of the technology/hands involved, so you shouldn't be doing it anyway.
How is it any more dangerous or distracting than having a conversation with someone in the car? Dialing and texting I can see, but how is talking to a disembodied voice over your car speakers any more distracting than a passenger?

Not questioning you. Questioning the result of the study.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Saw this in Salt Lake City today.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Linedance posted:

It's ugly, but a decent argument for a trike is if you like the motorcycle feel, but are somehow too grossly obese to ride one.

Why can't fat people just ride regular motorcycles anymore?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

parrhesia posted:

I just stumbled over this on some other website and all I can say is: Someone take away this dude's photoshop before an actual Singer ends up like that.

You can also totally tell it's a photoshop because the plastic those fenders are made of isn't wavy, as would be the case with a true RWB Porsche.

It's not for the street, I don't really see what's wrong with it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

delpheye posted:

I'm skeptical about its time around the ring.

Am I missing something? There's no ring sticker there. The thing in the lower left of the window is the shape of the country Colombia with the Colombian flag inside of it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

delpheye posted:

Huh. I'm an idiot. I glance at it once a week and it registered in my head as the ring. In 1 google I was proven wrong.

That's ok. From the looks of things the car still belongs here.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

FogHelmut posted:

This is terrible, happened to a friend.

Who steals stock wheels in a middle class suburb?

People steal wheels off SIs to sell. The buyers put them on lower models with fake badges to sell a regular civic as an SI.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

einTier posted:

Ah, that's my Texas coming out, where disconnecting the A/C is practically suicidal. I forget some of you northern folks rip it out and don't think twice about it. Still, even without A/C, sometimes it's nice to just let a breeze flow through the dash vents. In this set up, you're limited to defroster and floor vents. Ick.

Or lowering the windows or taking the top down.

Probably doesn't matter, the thing barely looks driven. It looks like a show car. A very poor show car.

JP Money posted:

Yellow dipstick? You plebs on here don't even understand the SPEED and CLASS that this thing has.

As far as I know that's a standard mazda thing right? The dipstick in my RX-8 is yellow.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Really? Why?

Edit: not complaining about the parking job. That's to be expected.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Dec 25, 2012

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

KozmoNaut posted:

Have some terrible car stuff, then:

It can be yours for only £30,000.

I liked it until I saw the inside.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Godholio posted:

Even if it was some weird thing where you could see them when lit, they're not legal...no reflector.

That might be why he left the reverse lights unpainted, so there's an exposed reflector. Not saying they're legal, just saying that might have been his logic in leaving them unpainted.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Can you reply with a quote of the article? I'm getting some "you can't read this because you don't pay" bullshit.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cenodoxus posted:

But the car is FUKKENDONK so it doesn't matter, everybody needs to see how pimp-poo poo his whip is. Also, god damnit I hate those ridiculous bookshelf-sized spoilers Subaru loves to put on anything that will go over 30mph. It gives approximately no downforce and makes an otherwise respectable rally car look like :rice:

Between that terrible car and what looks to be a dorm in the background, I'm guessing it's a college campus. That explains the poo poo parking.

oshit dog, late for class, better drift into a few stalls and start running.

At first I thought it was just the PT Cruiser but there is a lot of malparkage in that picture. WTF is going on there?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Bone_Enterprise posted:

What does some random person "misfiring a gun through a wall" have to do with them being a CHL holder?

It was probably mentioned because if the guy is accidentally firing his gun through a wall he's probably not actually qualified to hold the permit.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Why is she the idiot when you were you going 60MPH on what's a major road with stores on it which is likely a 35/40MPH zone?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I don't know if this is really the right thread for this but gently caress you Ford for making me think I see Aston Martins everywhere before I realize its just another Fusion.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Pseudonym posted:

I guess I'm in the minority then, thinking that the Fusion is a fine looking car. I prefer the Mazda 6, but the Fusion is pretty close behind.

Oh I think the Fusion looks great. I just hate that I get that "holy crap that's an Asto... oh" feeling every time I see one.

Zlatan Imhobitch posted:

McLaren SLR Edition. It's loving awful. Saw it at the ring and it looks like something veilside would have come up with. Awful design and awful fitment of parts. Looked even worse in real life.

WIth that flexible plate it looks like the front has melted, like it was parked in front of a giant space heater for too long.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Apr 5, 2013

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Funzo posted:

Saw this thing the other day when I went out for lunch.
It might be hard to tell, but that body kit in the front is all scraped to poo poo, and the rear matched it. You can just about see the enormous wing it's got too.

You really need all that rear downforce for those blistering nine seconds those front wheels take you from 0-60. He feels fast because he can't see anyone in his rear-view mirror while he maxes out at 82 in the left late, but it's really because people can't stand to drive behind him because the sun reflecting off of his "altezzas" (I'm guessing here, but just look at it. he totally has altezzas) would blind them.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Apr 8, 2013

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
good lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LgIrDyUEBjY

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I saw this specimen driving around in Wilmington, MA the other night and first thing that came to mind was "pfft, that's stupid." then seconds later "That's the best looking 4g eclipse I've ever seen."

Still incredibly ugly and stupid, but the best looking of an ugly bunch nonetheless.

So I did a something search to see if I could find a similarly tarted up eclipse for the thread and lo and behold I found the actual car, and the guy's "build" thread on his car club's website.

Enjoy.

http://club4g.org/board/members-rides/30540-khaostactics-biohazard.html

bonus pic:

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 02:51 on May 30, 2013

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I know this thread is usually for when people gently caress up their individual cars but I think this counts as Nissan loving up a car.

What the poo poo is this?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Fortunately there was still no oncoming traffic, but the bro truck blocked him into the wrong lane until well after the passing zone ended, then floored it again and tore off at about 80mph. The Cadillac made it back into the correct lane with maybe 3 seconds to spare before oncoming traffic coming over the hill would have hit him.

Why couldn't the caddy just slow down earlier and get back in the proper lane instead of risking lives with only 3 seconds to spare? Sure the bro truck driver was an rear end in a top hat but the caddy driver was a dumb rear end in a top hat. The only thing blocking the caddy in the passing lane was his ego.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Kind of car-ish, but seen in the parking garage at work. Bottom level in a handicap spot and covered with a regular motorcycle cover...

What am I missing? It's got a handicap sticker attached to it.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

D C posted:

I had a Nissan Rogue with the CVT as a production rental two weeks ago in Albuquerque. I usually hate CVTs but it was actually quite nice to drive, hardly noticed the transmission.

I'm in San Diego for the week and I'm renting a Lancer with a cvt while I'm here and I was surprised to find the thing fun to drive.

I drive an rx8 back home, but I can see myself getting a Lancer if I ever need something more practical, based on this week. It's a lot more fun than a Corolla or a Camry.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
Going for a walk around my neighborhood... (Click for big)

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Sep 3, 2013

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
I didn't even see the other car at first. I thought it had driven of of the roof there (looks like a parking garage)

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

88h88 posted:

It's been mentioned that this is a Supra kit?? The gently caress?

http://www.carscoops.com/2011/01/veilside-4509-gtr-is-toyota-supra-iv.html?m=1

Wrong thread in my opinion

Nocheez posted:

Is that a 2010-ish Nissan Altima? My parents had their wheels replaced under warranty due to being a bad casting from China. They only had a hairline crack, not a catastrophic failure like that one.

It's an RX-8.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Bajaha posted:

As much trash as they pump out, I just can't get myself not to like the widebody kit they make for the FD which was featured in Tokyo Drift. Not that it excuses them for everything else they put out, but I guess even a blind chicken gets seed if it pecks enough.

That ruins my favorite design feature of the FD though, the Ford Taurus tail lights

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

MetaJew posted:

Prius 'performance' tires.

This gets trotted out a lot and while accurate, it's still a bit disingenuous. For one thing, there are two stock tire options depending on region and time of year for the sale. If you live somewhere that has winter and buy your car during or near winter you get some lovely Bridgestone all seasons. Otherwise you get Michelin primacy hp tires, the same tires that are fitted to a Prius "performance" trim only available in Japan. Also oem merc s class tires.

So while technically accurate, people saying "Prius tires" aren't telling the whole story.

Mine has blizzaks on during the winter and the only snow and ice problem is ground clearance. When I bought the car it came with the Bridgestone all seasons but I replaced them with Michelin pilot super sports. They would be absolutely useless in the snow.

Just to be clear, not calling you out or anything, just being a know it all.

GutBomb fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Mar 3, 2014

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't understand why people kept stopping and letting him open the door in the first place.

Because they didn't realize it was a high speed chase and thought it was a standard accident where you get out and swap insurance info. And shock.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

xzzy posted:

It can go both ways because once you make a claim everything suddenly costs more. Depending on the fine print there's a huge class of incidents you never want to report because paying out of pocket ends up being cheaper.

Then don't make a claim for those? But if you're carjacked and your car gets hosed you're sure as hell going to be better off making a claim than not.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Panty Saluter posted:

I can't believe you paid a week and a half of impound fees to get a burned out Accord back. Then again you said you had access to pretty good drugs, so :v:

If you don't pay don't they just send you to collections?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Ulfhednar posted:

It came from tumblr

Getting this in reverse would be quite a feat. The reverse lockout on the FR-S is that black plastic ring under the sword. You have to pull it up to get it into the reverse position.