Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

There is hill start control on all fiat 500's. You can turn it off in the instrument cluster. It can actually be annoying, if you are quick you can nearly stall because the brakes are still engaged.

This happened to my CR-z the first time I found it had hill assist. I can't disable mine though :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Related videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEg0P3aDvgg

I appreciate the fact that he picked an appropriate powerplant to propel the 600lbs of metal+rubber that are those wheels.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

KozmoNaut posted:

What's that stupid sunglasses and fedora-wearing badly-mustachioed 'thing' in the trunk supposed to be? I've seen it somewhere before, but I can't place it.

Lowrider mag logo iirc, that car is anything but which is also frustrating.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

G-Mach posted:

I don't think anyone knows they are a clothing company.

Picture for some content:

Well at least the guy didn't put on a giant pink dildo for a shifter for his STi.

"Hang on guys, takes two hands to get into reverse with this stupid lockout, I wish my car didn't come with it"

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Wrar posted:

No one really gets out of their car in Miami.

I had a dude get out at a red once because I was tailgating him (my fault, bad mood, in a rush) as he was walking back he was yelling and hollerin, but when he got to my window and realized I was a big rear end dude, he shook my hand and got back into his car :respek:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Somebody decided textured spackle spraypaint was a good idea.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

EightBit posted:

That look is still a "thing" down here in South Texas, I see too many cars with tiny stretched tires on poked rims :barf:

The term thrown around in L.A. is 'mexiflush'

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

some texas redneck posted:

Didn't break them here :smug:

:smugwizard: :respek: :smugdog:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Widebody with skinny wheels, probably a 2 inch spacer on them, altezzas, z3 fenders, an STi wing (literally), and lovely gauges.

I will applaud him for actually painting the widebody though.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Lowclock posted:

Is that... a monitor?

In my car? Ricer broadway mirror, no Honda is complete without one.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

mobby_6kl posted:

Just came across this in YOSPOS, reminds me of a certain Jeep photo:

Holy gently caress, that thing must have traversed the driver's entire buttcrack. If I had to guess, there's some poop on the end of the rebar.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Better than the original at least.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Phone double post.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Always afraid of poo poo like this when on my motorcycle, a poorly placed spring to the heat would ugh.. be terrible.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

blugu64 posted:

I've only got one thing to say, with age comes wisdom. Those who won't be able to remember Kris Kross are doomed to wear their clothes backwards again.

Ya know, I think one of the dudes died recently. RIP backwards overalls.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

I always look out for fellow rover buddies and help when I can. Plus its keeping a classic on the roads.

Theres a portofino red classic locally thats almost pristine for 650 with a shot engine. I might pick it up and bring it back to health.

If any 83-85 Supra P-Types (The ones with the flares) show up, I will offer many dollars and internet lewd acts for notification!

Assuming this is a junkyard, not a rover specific place.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

I'll keep an eye out for a P type. I'm in the yards atleast once a week.

Yeah I have buddies that go more frequently than I do, but I'm down in Wilmington (I see you mentioned LA) at both Pick Your Part yards at least once a month checking.

Need anything that you'd like me to return the favor in looking out for?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

Huge list of poo poo. "lightstone" knee bolster, glove box, and console from a 99-02 p38. a non-buckled p38 dash would also be great. the plastic thing that flips open with the tailgate. Gen3 ford 21 lb injectors (yellow with a 4 hole spray pattern), I'll likely get a rebuilt set from ebay though.

I'm hunting for GRD boxes for the baja, but that thing is on hold until I move though.

Alright, I've got a note in my phone, also this gives me an excuse to go rummaging through the trucks/suvs which I never do, but can be fun. I assume lightstone is the color?

Ever find anything good at the yard? My buddy scored a $100 costco giftcard a couple trips ago. Also, tools.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

cursedshitbox posted:

I typically score shitloads of tools at the yards, and change. tons and tons of change.

Yeah lightstone is the color, its the cream colored poo poo. if you cant find that, the "walnut" (tan) door cards from the 99-02 models will have parts I need.

Will do.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

FogHelmut posted:

Is that a rule for GTRs? I don't think I've ever seen one without a custom Godzilla license plate.

I have never seen one with one :confuoot:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Aftermarket indicator mirrors, check. Dangling stock indicator, check. Speed "vents", check. Speed lines? Check. Pep-Boys wheels, check.

This xB was on point with the APC catalog orders.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Wasabi the J posted:

I don't see anything wrong with the mirrors and the wheels. Am I broken now?

Nothing wrong with them per-se, but adding a mirror with sidemarker in addition to the stock sidemarker is a little much imo.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I love that my hybrid is a manual, however I dislike that the electric motor is a piece of poo poo and can't power the car on it's own, so in that regard I probably would have been better off with a civic. I didn't even get a sweet tax break either :freep:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Holdbrooks posted:

:frogout:

Actually don't do it you will die

Where do I find pictures of the finished project.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Powershift posted:

That's just a low blow.

No I'm 100% serious. I want to drive that so hard. Judging by his avatar it was finished? Am I not in the know about this..

E: found it. Marvelous.

Frozen Pizza Party fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jul 25, 2013

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Being the OP of that thread, it probably got gassed as even I had forgotten about it.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

A friend of mine had some old BMW that if you rev'd it hard then immediately turned it off, it would sit for a good 30-60 seconds then let out the largest most explosive backfire I have ever heard.

It was awesome, rev it, get out, walk away, watch people poo poo their pants.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Crustashio posted:

I love seeing cages in slammed cars that will never be within 100 miles of a track :allears:

I should put a cage in my car, I live within 75 miles of two :science:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Hashal posted:

Wish I could find a bigger one of this:

Gravedigger as a youth :3:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

HID LEDs huh..

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Goober Peas posted:

Anyone can afford a set of LingLongs. :colbert:

http://en.linglong.cn/index.html

Or federals for the performance minded cheapskate!

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Yep, I always use 595s, for just over $50 per 225/45/17 they're a great budget summer tire.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Couldn't decide wether to put this here or not, but:

:golfclap: to the CA DMV for having a sense of humor. They must have noticed it was going on an EV.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

dor1 posted:

Grader driver wasn't paying attention while reversing.

Must've been fun.

Add reupholstering to the repair bill for the turd that tore through the driver's seat.

E: (assuming its LHD because I'm :911:)

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

I had a trunkmonkey beause subaru, and was once accosted by some less than savory individuals in the hood because it automatically implied that black people should be dragged behind cars :rolleyes:

I took it off immediately :ohdear:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

Jesus Christ :eyepop:

What's worse, my "implied racism" or the ignorance of the individuals that literally, chased me for miles onto the freeway?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

BraveUlysses posted:

Oh I'm aware of the tunkmonkey fad, just amazed that someone took offense to it and went apeshit over it.

:rimshot:

Yeah, I was really surprised as well.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

What the gently caress, I thought they were post it notes :gonk:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

PopeOnARope posted:

Where do you live that post it notes look like that.

No glasses + awful betamax + yellow squares = post it notes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

The same thing happened to my mkii supra, except it was in my parking garage and it got pushed through a wall. Also, my motorcycle was between the supra and the jeep that totaled both vehicles :smithicide: