Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Humphreys posted:

I had a huge love affair of the '98 A4 after seeing a few nicely VIP modded ones in some magazines in the early 2000s. I've since grown up but in my defense, at the time I thought I was king with one of these but heavily modded (well as much as could be done):

Toyota Sera for those unfamiliar.

I was the terrible. It got defected by the cops and I just towed it to a friends house where it sat from '04 to earlier this year when they moved. Lost contact with that friend many years ago and no idea if they took it to the scrap heap or continued to keep it (they had 3 more of them so assume they kept it).

Are those doors stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Night Danger Moose posted:

1982 Porsche up in flames plus bad phone pic, together they make terrible car stuff.

Heh, my science teacher in high school had a 928 that burst into flames on the way to school one day.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

My terrible car stuff for the day is the rear end in a top hat that backed into me at a red light and did (a preliminary) $774.36 worth of damage to my 2016 WRX :(

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Geoj posted:

Generally if the band is on the right side of 1996 (formed before) you're fine.

Obviously there are exceptions to this rule, but for the most part all of the actively touring bands right now are pretty good with the exception of Reel Big Fish.

RBF put on a great show back when I was in middle school, being in socal I saw them quite often. Did it again recently and holy gently caress are they old, and Scott is no longer with them, the new guy sucks at singing :(

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Geoj posted:

Are they still doing the "we're trying to be a top 40 band but still have horns so we can play the old stuff" thing?

They played a lot of old stuff which didn't really work without the second trumpet, it was disappointing.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

What about the old harmonica in the grille?

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

I'm super envious. A CBR250RR(R) is one of the bikes in my dream stable, but right now I don't have a garage for more bikes and I'd have to import it from Australia and they're not street-legal in California anyway.

I want this specific paint scheme though :krad:

If it's over 25 I thought you could reg them, I've deffo seen youtubes of plated CA CBR250RR's

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

iospace posted:

Base or srt-4?

exhaust, wing and wheels say SRT, but I'm sure people put all that poo poo on base models all the time, like all the WRX's with STi wings.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Falken posted:

I jokingly suggested to my fiancee that she should get headlight lashes for hers. She looked at me in that "The weddings off" kind of way.

Besides, it's bad enough for me when I'm driving it. Baby blue with a minnie mouse ariel topper. :v:

GF's civic has a hello kitty bow in the upper corner of the windshield that p much fits me as it should when I drive her car :(

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Meydey posted:

Looking at pics of how to change the oil on an 05 Focus and that has to one of the easiest filter locations ever. Almost makes me want to stop wrenching on my assortment of Japanese cars and get a For.... Nope. I promised myself after living with a Taurus for 2 years that I would never do Ford again.

I'll take an oil covered arm over a self grenading transmission any day.

This is (not) my 2016 wrx. The first time I popped the hood at the dealership, I was in disbelief.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Dannywilson posted:

That's got to be a factory installed relocate right? Because that is loving awesome.

They're all like that now, Forester, wrx, whatever. It's awesome. The only one I know isn't for sure is the STi, but that's because they're still on the ej25 platform which has a standard bottom located filter.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

madeintaipei posted:

What exactly do you expect from (I'm guessing) Tampa; home of fine automotive developments such as the donk and the whistle tip?

Not that I can say much, my truck looks like it's been in a tornado.

Bubb Rubb would like to have a word about the whistle tips and their Oakland origins :colbert:

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

Couple questions...is that a 944 turbo? 928 shouldn't belong. Amazes me how a Saleen Mustang ended up in there as well.

80s_design.jpg you could probably do pretty much the same thing with any decade, although the current gen would just be one giant grille.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

My best keys locked in the car story isn't even pertaining to me really. I worked at a place next to a Budget Rent-a-Car, the dude that worked as the porter (small location with only one guy) had an early 80s corolla, thing was mint. He'd always be out dusting it or wiping the wheels or what have you when I walked by for lunch. We chatted a few times, I've got an 83 Supra of which the key to is original and essentially flat on both sides due to wear, so the old Toyota connection was there. Walking to lunch one day I see him in the parking lot with a coat hanger trying to jimmy the driver door lock through the window.

Walked up, asked him how long he had been working on it, asked if I could give it a go. Took out my keys, put the Supra key in the lock and opened the door for him as easily as I would have with his own key. "This should do it", we talked a bit about the key and how it's funny how this kind of thing works sometimes. I promised I wouldn't steal it and we went about our days. The same key also works in my buddy's Starlet better than his own drat key does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Man, rocket skates were the worst when unexpected.