Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I've never understood that negotiation tactic. It's sort of like when they ask you "what were you making in your last job?" during a job interview.

Granted, I haven't had much luck on negotiating on the spot either.

I think that question is designed to find out if you're a good liar.

I would have told the CL miser $3500 and see if he's stupid enough to feel good about working that down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
Yeah, gently caress shocker stickers. Tramp-stamp of the automotive world.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006

some texas redneck posted:

Several years ago, I figured i'd hit up a pawn shop for a basic head unit, as the stock one had crapped out.

Walk in, ask about car stereos. Owner told me he stopped selling them after his wife's car got broken into and the stereo got stolen... then someone tried to pawn it to him the next day. :stare:

Was the guy unaware that most of the stuff in his shop is stolen? :psyduck: Those places only pop up in lovely neighborhoods for a reason.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
Why yak bone?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

You'd be trying to chip diamond out of the cat. :swoon:

Diamond is a crystalline form of carbon; sand is silicon dioxide, for the most part. :science:

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
Reduction gear for the fan?

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006

Slavvy posted:

What exactly are you towing? I've never seen a trailer too big for a landcruiser/safari type vehicle. That includes some truly gigantic boat trailers, top fuel dragster trailers, small aircraft trailers.

The kind of trailers duallies are made to tow are certainly too large for SUVs. That people use them doesn't make them well-suited for the purpose, or even rated for it.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006

Throatwarbler posted:

Land Rover now has off-road cruise control so you can update your facebook or whatever while wheelin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr_lLmWOl6w

Solid axle supremacy.

Also, my TJ has that option, it's activated by putting the transfer case in 4lo and the transmission in first, and releasing the clutch pedal.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006

Please, do!

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
It's safer than digging a hole in your garage, that can't fill with heavier than air gases/vapors and kill you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006

Safety Dance posted:

If you have directional wheels and tires you have very expensive tire rotations anyhow.

No, you just swap front and back on the same side.