Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

in a functional country this would be slam dunk evidence for a trial

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Olympic Mathlete posted:

As someone who lives somewhere it barely dips into the minus (Celsius) I think I'd hibernate through if it got stupid cold.

Anyway :lol:

https://twitter.com/TeslatakingLs/status/1754174828905459801?t=lJ4u13wg7KIS8x991AuOQA&s=19

lol this is sure something I see conventional automobiles do, I hope someday we crack the "how do we keep wheels attached" problem

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
My ex had a '15 Mini Cooper and it is hilarious how much it began to deteriorate weeks before and seconds after warranty expiration

and of course the class acts at Mini fought every bit of maintenance near the very end, trying to push past that date

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

wesleywillis posted:

Those bald tires certainly are.

uh hello i bought a jeep so I wouldn't have to worry about "tires"

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

orange juche posted:

Same parking lot

coupedeville posted:

the looming specter of the rollback tow truck in the background is absolute gold and very fitting imo

lmao holy poo poo that photo is art

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

slidebite posted:

This is all I see

its like an optical illusion, no matter where youre standing it looks like this

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Darchangel posted:

...but in stainless steel!

and it's able to hold much more garbage inside!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

"He affectionately describes the stick shift’s smooth knob nestled in his palm. (Sigmund Freud would have had no trouble deducing the grounds for this allure.)"

lol this poo poo is so loving tired in 2024

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

deffo wrong thread

yep, more of that sort of thing

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
that is some fuckin GTA poo poo and I cannot imagine what that must've felt like, suddenly realizing that the tow truck in front of you in traffic is actively trying to snare you

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Speleothing posted:

Car wash mode is because they didn't include "Neutral"

l
m
a
o

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kirk Vikernes posted:

This popped up on Facebook Marketplace this morning. Luckily, I hadn't eaten yet.

i dont know how i feel

i know it's bad, but something about how at least all of it basically appears to line up, and the livery / paint is kinda cool, i dunno

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

OBAMNA PHONE posted:

Yeah they call it gigacasting

i hate their names for everything

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Cactus Ghost posted:

what the gently caress is different that makes it GIGA casting. is it just the size of the molds? cause when they used to cast entire locomotive frames in one piece, it was still just called "casting"

it's giga because giga means big to bazinga types

gigacasting... that must be better than megacasting...

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Nitrox posted:

There is just about everything out there to jailbreak and modify your Tesla. The only downside is that you're cut off from the Tesla network, which is kind of the point. You can roll back to whatever update you liked best, use customer settings/parameters and mix and match hardware. Rich Rebuilds and other people on YouTube are covering these developments in real time, last I checked.

There is also software that will enable older versions of FSD and free supercharger support. I think the later is done by copy/pasting authentication from an existing car, not sure.

lol good

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
capacitive steering wheel controls are just one of those ideas that I cannot imagine r&d folks not laughing out of testing

but we don't live in a good world like that

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Cactus Ghost posted:

jesus christ is it just the raw cut edge with no chamfer? do the trucks ship with burrs and poo poo hanging off the edges lol

*as I gently drag my fingertip along the jagged and unfinished edge of my cybertruck door, finger pouring blood* precision like this is unthinkable. couldn't love this truck more

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

boy imagine a triangular piece of razor edged aluminum peeling off at "dipshit in a tesla" highway speeds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Rigged Death Trap posted:

The common joke is that some suburban person buys a truck for Haulin' and Truck Stuff

and the most it ever sees is two bags of dirt

and that's just in the cab!