Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

That jeep is a drat shame. I think the current style is pretty handsome. To me a Jeep is relatively plain and function all. What the gently caress are they thinking?

They're thinking of their target audience, to which a Jeep is something shiny to show off to the neighbors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

FogHelmut posted:

Not sure if this is the right thread. There's something inspiring about lawnmower bros.

King of the Hill fan, I tell you what

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I get that taste is subjective but I will never understand why extreme amounts of camber are supposed to look good.

I've seen a bunch of cars lately in NW Washington which honestly look pretty nice except for the ridiculous amount of camber they're sporting.

I just don't get it. I'm old I guess, get off my lawn, etc

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Kenshin posted:

I gotta vote wrong thread for this one, it warps beyond awful back into awesome territory.

I also like that it isn't over-done, it looks really utilitarian. Like the pickup bed is actually used.

Yeah, I love it.

I had an Aveo once as a rental. I abused the hell out of it, and it was fun for that, anyway. That poor e-brake...

[I did not use it to save my life, I used it to perform mad tyte dorifuto moves in my parking lot]

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Oh gosh whatever could be under the censor strip :allears:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

LTBS posted:

I've been helping a coworker find a car for his kid, so I've been looking on craigslist. I found one that was pretty funny.

Still haven't found one for coworker's son though :(

How many RON PAUL 08 stickers are on the rear end end of that thing, I wonder

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Duckboat posted:

I don't have a picture handy, but has anyone else seen cars with plastichrome outlining doors, windows, etc.?

Taste may be subjective, but jeez...

You mean every other 300C in the greater NW Washington area? Yes. Yes I have.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

DropShadow posted:

I saw it again.

Still looks a hell of a lot better than a PT Cruiser does normally. :colbert:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Left Ventricle posted:

Here's something. I probably got it from deep within the old thread. Thought about putting it in the mechanical failures thread, but it's more of a driver failure.

Sweet jesus my balls just recoiled in horror :stare:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Linedance posted:

if the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy!

I love you for this. :v:

Red Green would certainly be at home in this thread, I think.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

General_Failure posted:

Last week my family had gastro. I was the illest of all of them.

Not really, but it's just about the only sense I find that awful word semi-acceptable.

Also: Notorious BIG lyrics.

Even dead, Biggie Biggie Smalls is the illest.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Paul Boz_ posted:

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

God help me I like this

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Thanks for the tip on Torque and that cheap OBD2 adapter, I think I might look into that. That's pretty nifty.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

red19fire posted:

This is the side of a rolling ad for a flower show in Cherry Hill, NJ.

Honestly if we're talking about animes on cars, this is probably the least offensive one posted so far.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

These are the ugliest wheels in the thread, bar none, and that is saying something.

I mean yeah those single-bar "they'll go oval shaped in a week" wheels are dumb but good gracious is this ugly

This though?

quote:

Paint this matte black, take the dumb roof scoop off, put a better hood on it, and put less dumb wheels on it, and I'd drive it.

Also, good lord the gauges inside can go too.

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 06:20 on May 1, 2013

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I think I spent all my time during my Australia trip drooling over the cars. So many awesome things just cruising around everywhere. :allears:

Some aussie goon please send me an R32 GTR please, tia

e. I know you said NZ, but I saw the same thing in Australia I mean

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Octopus Magic posted:

Why would you put that on your car? Why?

I imagine a mentality of "HEH vagina joke LOL my buddies are gonna LOVE THIS poo poo". Consider the target market.

Also I have a serious boner for matte finishes, so I don't hate that Audi as much as I probably should.

I also haven't seen nearly as many slammed/stanced VW Golfs in the Seattle area with shocker stickers lately as I used to. Jesus, a few years ago, 9 out of 10 Golfs I saw had gigantic shockers in the back window.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Gotta admit I like the pink. I've always been a fan of dark pink and black color schemes myself.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I'm not even a huge fan of green but I would love to have my car painted in a color called Sassy-Grass Green

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
It's a thing I wish to do to an S13 coupe someday [the Silvia body thing]. :ohdear: But mine will be a respectable ride height and painted nicely, no stickerbombing or shockers here.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Well, that's... something. That's something that someone put some amount of effort into making.

I guess that can be said about it.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Slanderer posted:

I dunno, that's pretty Mad Max to me. Put a machine gun on the roof and you're ready for the post-apocalypse.

Exactly. Totally the wrong thread, that thing is amazing and I'd roll around town in pride, hunting down reserves of gasoline to horde. :black101:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Paul Boz_ posted:

I more think it's your inability for anyone else to shed a tear about a GM econobox that makes you so insufferable.

Content:

Nice, new Sleeping Dogs DLC!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I thought plastidip was a spray? That looks... brushed on? :psyduck:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Linedance posted:

Stuck on, more like... It's tape.

Ohhhhh. :doh: It's too early in the morning for me to be posting.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Fucknag posted:

Counterpoint:

It's a CX.

Is... oh my god is that a totally stock Honda Civic? :psyduck:

It's so rare to see them in the wild.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
gently caress that's terrifying. :stare:

Living in bumfuck Oregon and driving around bumfuck Washington has exposed me to countless unsecured loads. Back when I was farming, we tied our equipment down pretty tightly when we'd travel, but some of the poo poo I see other people doing is basically just "stuff as much junk into the truck as you can, gently caress nets/bungee cords/whatever". Landscape companies and painters/contractors are the worst I've seen, aside from the farmers.

Drivers to/from dumps and moving are frequent offenders too.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

veedubfreak posted:

The poo poo that is getting really old out here in CO is these assholes hauling dirt/rocks due to all the construction. This is a necessary evil, but I swear to god, half these assholes don't even latch the rear gate on the dumptruck so it's just constantly spewing dirt/rocks onto the road for miles behind it. Which brings me to my next point. Buy a 3m clear bra. 2 years and 23k miles and my front bumper is still pristine, while my windshield already looks like complete poo poo.

You know what I love that reminds me of this? Dirt/rock hauling trucks without canvas/tarp tops with a sign on the back saying "NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGE".

gently caress you, truck guy. I've been many carlengths behind, it doesn't matter, rocks fly off or bounce and hit windshields from pretty decent distances. Cover your stupid load!

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Crosspostin' here and in the D&D pics thread, I forgot I took these like two years ago.

Say hello to pure northwest crazy:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Zamboni Apocalypse posted:

Is that a blown-up Jack Chick tract on the edriver's door/rear fender?

Yes. Yes, it is.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
You'd best be careful too, you're messing with the illest

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
I just really hope those are like switchable LEDs or something and they can go white normally. I used to have fogs like that on my Grand Am back in high school, could do like 16 colors or something. I wasn't even a ricer kid or anything, I just thought they looked cool. :sweatdrop:

And of course that was my fog lights and not my goddamn head lights

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
That is both awesome and absolutely horrible for the reason you stated.

What, vinyl wrap wasn't enough?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Because there's nothing worth showing off under them. :smug:

Ho ho.

I'm half tempted to put a nice hardwood floor in the back of the CX-5. I think it'd look rather classy. :wotwot:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

kastein posted:

I can try, but I'm sure I'll miss some things.

This was incredible. :allears:

How on earth does something like this happen? Jim-Bob buys his first welder and decides to set up shop?

Code Jockey fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jul 22, 2013

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Was about to say, wasn't boxy enough to be an S13's butt/tail lights.

Unfortunate. Then again, when the owner bought those wheels, I imagine the vehicle's fate was sealed.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

This is so bad it wrapped four times back around to absolutely hilarious, and also what this guy said

MrChips posted:

That's terrible, but it would be hilarious to take that car to a Honda dealership and tell the service people that "my car is doing a funny thing please help" with a confused and concerned look on your face.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Powershift posted:

Now this is just silly. I drive a 4x4 f-150, and his bumper was level with my roof. It also seemed to be set to swerving by every little bump in the road.

Quite surprised that isn't an Oregon license plate, but I suppose those things are just everywhere, aren't they?

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
There must be something wrong with me because aside from the silly horse decals on the hood I love that car. I don't really know mustangs so if that is a bastardization of a badass car then I guess I'm wrong, but that seems pretty cool to me. I really like that front end for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Crustashio posted:

The colour scheme would be perfect if it had this motor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzi2_oiBMmY

What in the gently caress did I just hear :stare: