Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Darchangel posted:

You know the Mustang IIs came with a 302 Ford small-block, right?

I do. I also know the malaise-era 302 was maybe 100-130 hp depending on year, and there really wasn't much room around it. I don't think you can even fit the port injected intake from a later Fox in there. Hell, even a Chevy 350 doesn't really fit without a lot of clearancing, and SBCs are kind of the standard for tiny engines making a lot of power.

It's a small enough engine bay that even the barely larger 351W doesn't really fit.

FWIW, I had an 80 F-150 with a 351M. A whopping 138 hp (but close to 270 ft/lbs.. if running decent, mine was probably more like 50 hp/150 ft lbs, I got outrun by Geo Metros in it). Malaise era engines are... well... poo poo.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jan 5, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

As someone who's been within earshot of one of his shareholder meetings (WHY the gently caress did they have to hold it in the loving cafeteria?!), every time he opens his mouth, it's cringeworthy.

But he openly advocates for ketamine therapy. Which doesn't show up on a standard drug test, is out of your system within 2-3 days anyway if you ARE trying to find it, and can cause some neat side effects when done, uh, too liberally. I'm all for trying new therapies, and hell, I've had a few rounds of ketamine therapy (in a therapeutic setting) myself, but I've also been down the k-hole of doing way too much, way too often, in a non-therapeutic setting.

And LSD... you're only gonna catch that on a very specific drug test within a few hours. Do enough of that and you wind up at least as broken as me.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Is that why I piss 15-50 times a day? This whole time I've been blaming diabetes.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Somewhere, an insurance claims adjuster just denied a claim while laughing hysterically.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

KakerMix posted:

Grab the handle and yank it open because any sensible vehicle has mechanical means to open the door directly tied to the handle.

This is exactly how I snapped a door handle off of the Matrix (note: only one of the drat things is original at this point; makes me really glad it's a base model with unpainted handles). When we get winter weather, cars here wind up the same way - you have to beat the poo poo out of the edges of the door (all the way around) before trying to open it. It was particularly painful on the Outback because it had frameless windows that didn't quite seal the way they did when new.

Might work for something with metal handles, but I can't think of anything being made today that still has those.

Nitrox posted:

In every Tesla I've seen, the window has to roll down a certain distance in order for the door to physically open. I do not know why this system exists, but it's certainly not something you want to deal with when everything is frozen.

A lot of cars with frameless windows do this. You wind up damaging the seal on the window otherwise. I know the Nissan 350/370Z does it, so does the G35/G37, lots of BMWs still do it.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 17, 2024

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Such an ugly turd and yet you are wrong only in that you didnt go far enough,that shitbox is better looking and probably just plain better at least 3/4th's of all the modern poo poo on sale -_-

mumbles something in AX4S clutch packs and solenoids

You could at least get the 1st gen with a proper transmission...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Okay, fair, you have me there. I always forget Tesla does stupid poo poo with doors.

You would THINK it wouldn't fully unlatch the door with it being stuck, but I've never tried to see how they react to not being able to open.