Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weedle
May 31, 2006

i miss my 240 so much man. i crashed it when i was 18 years old because i was so so so stupid. i'm still pretty stupid but not enough to crash cool cars anymore at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

Big loving deal.

big mon bazou vibes

Weedle
May 31, 2006

orange juche posted:

That holds true even up through the ND lol, got rear-ended in traffic and the guy nearly mounted my trunk and mushed me. gently caress brotrucks and gently caress people who don't pay attention to traffic and are instead buried nose-deep in their distraction obelisks.

Of course dude who hit me backed up and hauled rear end while I was recovering from the shock of nearly dying, and I had to spend 4 hours on the side of a very busy highway waiting for a flatbed while praying some distracted idiot didn't swerve onto the shoulder and finish the job. Still love that car and would absolutely buy another one again, only disappointment is it had <5 months of payments left when it got mushed, so I didn't even get to enjoy not having a car payment on a relatively modern vehicle.

i lost a corolla to a red runner in an old ram pickup a couple of years ago. he tried to run but his tire was shredded and when he got out of the truck he immediately told me that he had no license or insurance but he did have a lot of meth and cocaine in his truck that he would trade me in exchange for not calling the cops. i was like no thank you sir and he was like don't you do ANY drugs??

Weedle
May 31, 2006

he didn’t seem so bad when he came off as just an eccentric business guy trying to make mass-market EVs. the combo of “richest guy in the world” and “alt-right memelord” is a really insanely rotten vibe though. also it seems like the cars kind of suck now

Weedle
May 31, 2006

at least you know they'll make it right. you just have to tear down the whole engine first

Weedle
May 31, 2006

disappointing that the video ends before we see the tips clang off the stoplight arm

e:

Enos Cabell posted:

Why the gently caress did they cut the video before it tries to go underneath the traffic light? Weak

lol

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Edward IV posted:

One of the most infuriating flubs is trying to adjust the cruise control speed but accidentally hit the following distance button which causes the speed controls buttons to adjust the following distance instead (which I usually keep to the minimum distance setting) and then having to wait for the following distance prompt to time out or disengage and reengage the cruise control if I wanted to go back to change the set speed.

Another annoying thing is that the volume control is oriented horizontally while the music controls is oriented vertically. Regardless of orientation preferences, the positioning of the buttons are such that the buttons closest to the center of the steering wheel cannot be reached without breaking your grip on the steering wheel which is not ideal and adds another hurdle trying to develop muscle memory. Especially because I usually listen to FM radio and tend to adjust my volume more often than seeking stations.

Climate controls I only adjust while stopped or with lane-keep assist enabled because even turning on the heated seats requires multiple presses and I haven't developed the muscle memory to do any of it by feel yet and that assuming I ever will. It also doesn't help that the infortaiment system tends to have just the slightest bit of lag when interacting with it so timing button press sequences is a stretch.

this is giving me a panic attack

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Muscle Tracer posted:

I know this is not anything new to the thread, but like... how can people think that this guy is intelligent? If almost all user input is error, then wouldn't we be getting into accidents >50% of the time that we get behind the wheel? Like, you don't need to follow this to its logical conclusion, just take it literally one step to discover that it is obviously untrue.

maybe he personally is just an absolutely terrible driver and almost all of his inputs are in error. even an inherently faulty self-driving system is less dangerous than him operating a vehicle normally. this would explain a ton actually

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Darchangel posted:

I literally have nothing I care about enough to plaster semi-permanently on the entire surface of my car.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Weedle
May 31, 2006

PainterofCrap posted:

Well?

How did I get here?

water dissolving and water removing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

Cacafuego posted:

r/CyberStuck is a good place to go if you’re looking for some :lol:s and/or :lmao:s

i’m really enjoying the saga of the guy who has “gently caress you” sprayed on the drivers side and is just going about his business around town. honestly less embarrassing than trying to clean it off