Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pet/3930771179.html
Is..that.
-a turtle???

Sorry no screenie on ipad :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Malalol posted:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/pet/3930771179.html
Is..that.
-a turtle???

Sorry no screenie on ipad :(

No that's a savannah monitor. They tend to have obesity problems in captivity due to being overfed.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
Hah well yeah, I meant the third photo of the sav in its enclosure.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

Malalol posted:

Hah well yeah, I meant the third photo of the sav in its enclosure.

Oh god, I just noticed that. I think it's a tortoise.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

platedlizard posted:

No that's a savannah monitor. They tend to have obesity problems in captivity due to being overfed.

She's not overfed, she just likes to eat! :downs:

I particularly like the "tegu bearded dragon monitor savannah ackie iguana rhino" at the bottom because, really, what's the diff?

Scenty
Feb 8, 2008

Captain Foxy posted:

And that Petsmart chameleon is now dead. lol @ 'moist environment'

I feel so bad for that chameleon. Why couldn't they get a nice cute leopard or fat tail gecko? Something for beginners and that the kid could maybe interact with without killing it. A chameleon is for that kid in twenty years when he is a reptile enthusiast... Not at loving six years old. poo poo.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Now I really DO want an explanation...

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

RabbitMage posted:

Now I really DO want an explanation...

Those would be some really small chickens, uh.

Maybe you could keep button quail in there? They're really small and cute.

Aethersphere
Mar 21, 2009

you see me rollin up pops you step aside
Nobody beats my hometown for absolutely terrible Kijiji listings.

"hello I have a 4th gen white ipad 32 gig I am willing too trade for a python or boa but it must come with a setup my ipad is in mint shape so if u wanna trade let me know what u have and we will go from their thanks"

People in my town also apparently have trouble buying pets that they cannot somehow associate with food:

"Hi,
My daughter has a beautiful little t cup chiuuawa that she needs to find a home for asap.. very sweet, these are really one person little dogs, that love to sit on your lap, and be loved, and spoiled... tan in color,if you are interested please email me, and I can set up a time for you to see this little lady.
Caroll
sorry no pictures.."

"We have 6 katahdin ram lambs for sale. They would be ready to breed soon as they are all around five months old. All of them are twins and are looking great. They would be good for meat to but some are more breeding stock material. I also have two registered katahdin ram lambs for sale give me an offer for them and we will work from there."

edit: for some reason these images are showing up really small, so I have pasted the text here for your convenience.

Aethersphere fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 29, 2013

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)

Jesus, how long ago did those Taco Bell ads actually run? 15 years ago? Come onnnn, get with the times, Kijiji.

Nothing too egregious on my local craigslist right now, but I did see an ad for a pair of cockatiels that said at the end, "( they are not parrot or conure)"
Also god drat it, they're so cute, and I want to rescue all the little birdies and love them forever. This is why I stopped reading craigslist uggghhh

Oh, and this: "Looking to trade my common snapper for a spider python. or, willing to trade for fun stuff that my 5 year old will enjoy." You know, bartering a native hell-turtle for toys or whatever, no biggie.
Hahah I forgot to add that the listing is titled "TRADE MY SNAPPING TURTLE FOR YOUR??" They don't even know!

you were warned fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 29, 2013

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I didn't cap it, but someone linked me a CL FREE KITTENS ad. They were being kept in a fish tank.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Pew! Pew! posted:

I didn't cap it, but someone linked me a CL FREE KITTENS ad. They were being kept in a fish tank.

It totally took you a few minutes to realize they were in a fish tank too.

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/zip/3966044379.html

Pictures just in case they get removed:

I still think the frog one from earlier was worse.

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

I suppose keeping them in a fish tank wouldn't be a terrible solution if the people don't have a kitten-proofed room for them. Still pretty weird.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
Is that a spool of thread on an electrical cord?

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007
When I was a little girl I used to go to the mall pet store and look at the kittens and puppies they had in aquariums. I think they were bigger than that one but still, drat.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Months ago we were all decked out and ready to go hunting. The dogs were in the back of the 4Runner and we stopped at a Tim Hortons to pick up tea and timbits. When we come out this older guy had parked next to us, three GSD in his car, and wanted to chat. Ok cool, I like shepherds, this guy isn't so weird! I mean, he's like 50 with a pot leaf toque but whatev, this is the redneck part of town. He asked if we bred them, if he could breed one of his to one of ours. Typical.

I go on Kijiji to torture myself, and see someone selling puppies. The ad:

quote:

I have 6 pups left to be spoken for ...4 females and 2 males..these dogs will be med to big..all will be vetted before releas.
can be viewed by appointment DO NOT COME TO MY HOME.
Tan is the Dad and Mom is the black far Middle..

Red flag: what's so bad about your home??

Huh. Its the same guy. And the same toque.

Silly Hippie
Sep 18, 2007

adventure in the sandbox posted:

Months ago we were all decked out and ready to go hunting. The dogs were in the back of the 4Runner and we stopped at a Tim Hortons to pick up tea and timbits. When we come out this older guy had parked next to us, three GSD in his car, and wanted to chat. Ok cool, I like shepherds, this guy isn't so weird! I mean, he's like 50 with a pot leaf toque but whatev, this is the redneck part of town. He asked if we bred them, if he could breed one of his to one of ours. Typical.

Okay those are pretty dogs but were German Shepards always that BIG? I swear to god the dogs I remember from my childhood were 3/4ths that size. I also never saw black GSDs anywhere and I've seen like ten in real life in the last two years.

Also enjoying the thought process that must've gone into that outfit. "What should I wear to take a picture to post on the internet, advertising the sale of live animals? Hmm, yes, the weed leaf hat and HIGH AS gently caress shirt ought to do it."

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Silly Hippie posted:

Okay those are pretty dogs but were German Shepards always that BIG? I swear to god the dogs I remember from my childhood were 3/4ths that size. I also never saw black GSDs anywhere and I've seen like ten in real life in the last two years.

Also enjoying the thought process that must've gone into that outfit. "What should I wear to take a picture to post on the internet, advertising the sale of live animals? Hmm, yes, the weed leaf hat and HIGH AS gently caress shirt ought to do it."

The marijuana plants in the background are a nice touch too.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Aravenna posted:

Is that a spool of thread on an electrical cord?

No it's a kitten toy duh.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

platedlizard posted:

The marijuana plants in the background are a nice touch too.

Explains the "don't come to my house!!!"

Atma McCuddles
Sep 2, 2007

adventure in the sandbox posted:

This guy is hilarious. If that's not RuralCanada.jpeg I don't know what else would qualify. Maybe a couch on the lawn and more Pit mixes.

Those bulldogs posted earlier in the thread are really depressing. 2000 pounds for something that can't breathe or breed without medical intervention :(

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
I win for finding the creepiest dog on petfinder. LET IT STARE INTO YOUR SOUL.

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/20932637

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Not even close :colbert:

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/22968811

catamar
May 23, 2008
Can a dog's gaze be piercing and wall-eyed at the same time?

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/26004409

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

catamar posted:

Can a dog's gaze be piercing and wall-eyed at the same time?

http://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/26004409

It's like he's looking directly into my soul, and the soul of someone a few feet to the side of me!

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

browsing kijiji atm

'7 white albynos perekees for sale or trade
$12
hi i have 7 pure white perekees albinos and 4 more in diferent colors for any information please tex me at my cell xxxxx i live in brooklyn ny thanks pure white 12$ each (perekees of diferent colors i have 4 10$ each one I sale or trade I have in total 12 perekees 8 white and 4 of different colors'

perekeeeeeees

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Malalol posted:

browsing kijiji atm

'7 white albynos perekees for sale or trade
$12
hi i have 7 pure white perekees albinos and 4 more in diferent colors for any information please tex me at my cell xxxxx i live in brooklyn ny thanks pure white 12$ each (perekees of diferent colors i have 4 10$ each one I sale or trade I have in total 12 perekees 8 white and 4 of different colors'

perekeeeeeees

For a while I couldn't figure out what the hell "perekees" were until it clicked: Oh, PARAKEETS.

Anyway...It's almost football time in Texas, and people are getting their priorities in order.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

And this guy is free to a good home, want dat mutt

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
Are Facebook posts kosher in this thread? I've had two different friends within the past week decide to get rid of their adult dogs and it's got my blood boiling.

"hey my adult lab is getting on my nerves, somebody take her or we'll dump her at the pound. we've already got a new dog so it's no big deal to us."

Ah yes, Maltese, notoriously un-apartment friendly dogs. :confused: Or maybe the issue is that the apartment you've decided to rent doesn't allow animals, which is a decision you made despite already having a dog, because gently caress it.

(if these shouldn't be here, I'll remove them.)

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
"I take her for runs weekly."

Well, I think I've found the problem. Exercise your dog more, and she won't chew your house. Idiot.

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

"puppy - alaskan wolf high breed
Looking for a buyer who has a loving
home alot of space for her to run around
because she loves to run around.
3month old female child friendly puppy.
Beautiful dog very energetic, playful.
It is sad that she has to go due to
residential issues so it would have to be
urgent. There is a fee..

Pic upon request.."

took me a sec to realize that it meant hybrid

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

Nyarai posted:

"I take her for runs weekly."

Well, I think I've found the problem. Exercise your dog more, and she won't chew your house. Idiot.

Technically it sounds like she USED to take her for runs weekly. Even better.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Malalol posted:

"puppy - alaskan wolf high breed

Uh no, this is an opportunity to own a rare Stark dire wolf, obviously.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

A new puppy for Super:

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/pet/4164806778.html

He could do buddy cop things with Frankie :3:

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Browsing the "wanted" section of my CL:

Ah yes, let's continue ~*~ the legacy ~*~ of this tired looking mutt

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

It looks like an old golden retriever that went through the wash.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
It's a bit sad. Someone really loves their dog that is aging, and really wants to hold onto it so they want to breed it so they can have a piece of their existing awesome dog.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

Craigslist Moron posted:

I have 2 wolf mountain cur puppies to rehome. They are 6 weeks old. One male, one female. The father was a grey wolf who was 140 pounds. The mother was a friend of mines mountain cur. She is about 95 pounds. Bought them for $200 each rehoming fee is the same. There not like owning a dog. Do your research before committing to owning a wolf mix. Please be seriouse. They need good homes. Moved into town and cant have them in city limits. If interested send me an email with you number and we will go from there. Can send more pictues upon request.

"Please be seriouse" because he certainly was when he bred his dog to a wolf. Or a "wolf", who knows. Also why is the cur 95 pounds, I mean they don't have a standard but I'm pretty sure that's a LOOOOOT on the large side?

Also someone else has lost a baby goat and it's so cold out. :ohdear:

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now

Double Plus Good posted:

Ah yes, Maltese, notoriously un-apartment friendly dogs. :confused: Or maybe the issue is that the apartment you've decided to rent doesn't allow animals, which is a decision you made despite already having a dog, because gently caress it.

(if these shouldn't be here, I'll remove them.)

If that's a purebred Maltese I'd loving take him.

Probably want a $500 "rehoming fee" though. No you can't recoup the cost of your lovely decision.

cheese eats mouse fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

"4 full breed female pitbull puppies for adoption! Need them gone today (Medford, Long Island)

I have 4 full breed female pitbull puppies left from a litter or 10 that need to be adopted today! Im going on vacation tomorrow and I wont be able to take care of them. They are 7 weeks old and have be dewormed and received their first set of shots. If your interested in a puppy call or text me anytime at xxxxxxxx. Im located in Medford, Ny 11763."

so like
what happens when they dont all sell today?

edit:

"Bandit is a 7 month old pup. He has no shots. He is wee wee pad trained. He is soooo loving and very playful. My mother is getting at that age where having to take care of pets is just to much for her. Her asking price for Bandit is $175.
ONLY SERIOUS inquiries plz!!"
Assuming you had the dog for say, 5 months..suddenly your mom is too old?

Malalol fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 28, 2013

• Locked thread