Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Malalol posted:

"Bandit is a 7 month old pup. He has no shots. He is wee wee pad trained. He is soooo loving and very playful. My mother is getting at that age where having to take care of pets is just to much for her. Her asking price for Bandit is $175.
ONLY SERIOUS inquiries plz!!"
Assuming you had the dog for say, 5 months..suddenly your mom is too old?

7 months old, no shots and not house-trained; it does indeed sound like taking care of a pet is too much for her (and her lovely kid that can post a craigslist ad but can't take the dog for shots)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Malalol posted:

so like
what happens when they dont all sell today?

Start the vacation off with a nice trip to the vet to kill some babies.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

From the wisdom panel facebook:

Someone is sad that their super unique pharaoh hound is just a bully mix with GSD ears and tie.

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Bananaquiter posted:

From the wisdom panel facebook:

Someone is sad that their super unique pharaoh hound is just a bully mix with GSD ears and tie.

That is the most GSD x Amstaff looking dog I have ever seen.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Malalol posted:

"4 full breed female pitbull puppies for adoption! Need them gone today (Medford, Long Island)

I have 4 full breed female pitbull puppies left from a litter or 10 that need to be adopted today! Im going on vacation tomorrow and I wont be able to take care of them. They are 7 weeks old and have be dewormed and received their first set of shots. If your interested in a puppy call or text me anytime at xxxxxxxx. Im located in Medford, Ny 11763."

so like
what happens when they dont all sell today?

They get sent to the sausage factory.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Saw this unfortunate thing in a craigslist ad today.

It's a shar pei x basset hound.

Dead Pikachu
Mar 25, 2007

I wish you were real.

Pew! Pew! posted:

It's a shar pei x basset hound.
With longer ears and legs it would be a "prettier", less wrinkled Bloodhound.

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008

" i have a 7 month old female that needs a unfixed friend.

I'm looking for a large breed male that isn't fixed or chipped for my female pit mastiff mix............i won't pay a rehoming fee...i just need a friend for her we are moving to a large acreage property and will be able to handle litters i feed her alpi dog food and take goid care of her...if u think u have a male that meets my requirements let me know"

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
Oh, wow. This just got better.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Craigslist meltdowns are the best.

quote:

STOP HARASSING ME SAYING YOUR GOING TO KILL MY DOGS
THE NEXT PERSON TO CALL MY PHONE SAYING YOUR GOING TO KILL MY DOGS WILL BE REPORTED I AM NOT A BACK YARD BREEDER IM A CERTIFIED BREEDER THROUGH APRI AND AKC I AM VACCINATING ALL MY PUPIES DEWORMING AND IM ALSO OFFERING MICROCHIPPING IF ITS WANTED IM SENDING PEOPLE HOME WITH INFO ON BREED AND WHERE TO GET THE PUPPY SPAYED AND NEUTERED AND THE CLOSEST VET AND EVERYONE PURCHASING A PUPPY FROM ME HAS TO SIGN A CONTRACT IM NOT WRONG BY DOING THIS THIS IS HER LAST LITTER SHE IS BEING SPAYED AFTER PUPPIES ARE GONE.

WHAT YOU PEOPLE ARE DOING IS WRONG YOUR SAYING YOUR GOING TO KILL MY DOG AND HER PUPPIES SO THEY DONT GET HURT! HOW ARE THEY GOING TO BE HURT? THE MOM IS BEING SEEN BY A VET HAS ALL HER SHOTS AND IS A LOVED FAMILY PET MY FAMILY IS GETTING SOME OF THE PUPPIES TO KEEP TO BE FAMILY PETS AND THE REST ARE BEING ADOPTED OUT TO ONLY APPROVED HOMES THAT HAVE A VET ALREADY AND RECOMMENDATIONS!

On an unrelated topic:

quote:

Cat stolen out of back yard!
:downs:

Bananaquiter fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jan 28, 2014

seakindliness
Apr 23, 2009
Went through local Craigslist and saw a lot of BYBs. Then I saw this and it confused me:

Royal Jeans
May 12, 2012
Great abilities!

Royal Jeans fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Mar 12, 2014

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

Royal Jeans posted:

Great abilities!

That's some talent, being able to copy and paste breed standards. Put those puppies to work at HuffPo!

FearCotton
Sep 18, 2012

HAPPY F!UN MAGIC ENGLISH TIEM~~~
Preping to get a dog in August...wandered over to craigslist! And then came the judgement.

"I WANT A DOG!!!!!! - $100
Hiii. I always wanted a dog, but i couldn't find a perfect one. I want a small dog like a tcup chihuahua or other small dogs. Or a really young husky. Okay so i would prefer to buy a chihuahua, a siberian husky,Yorkshire Terrier, Shih Tzu, Maltese, chow chow,Samoyed. I would prefer them to be from 1 month to 1 year old. I just don't want the dog to be too attached to your family and be sad all the time. I will be giving 150 if the dog is really cute and i want to buy it. I am a big dog lover so i would pay a price between $0 to $150. Thank You.
If you want to give me your dog please email me or text me at [redacted]"
:byodame:

"I have a 5 year old Akita that I can not keep. He is house broken, stays in the house 24/7, he is fixed and his shots are not up to date. He is good with children and other dogs. A great watch dog, big loveable dog. Hate to give him away. Only serious good home owners for this dog, please apply. Have till end of March to find him a good home."
...your Akita doesn't go outside? :(

"($100 OBO)(willing to negotiate)
I bought this sweet little girl for my son for Christmas. She was born November 18th. Such a smart dog for being so young. Im a single mom of a 3 yr old and work a lot so unfortunately I don't have the time to properly love and care for her. She deserves the best and I can't give that to her. She is amazing with kids, does not bark unless she needs to go out to potty or water bowl is empty. Fully potty trained on potty-pads and outside. Has her parvo shots. I have 2 bags of top brand dog food, a doggy bed, some toys, and potty pads that will go along with her. It saddens me to have to let her go, but this is what's best. I want her to go to a loving family that will take good care of her. She LOVES to cuddle and play but is quiet most of the time. Please contact me ASAP if interested. Am willing to drive a short ways out of Grand Junction is needed.
Thankyou"
you bought your 3 year old a puppy. :crossarms:

Royal Jeans
May 12, 2012
Anyone wanna debone some kittens?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Finally, my years of taxidermy as a hobby can be put to some real use.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Yes.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Yes, and yes.

The worst mislabeling I've seen so far was a "shih tzu" puppy who came in for shots. It was totally a labradoodle thing. No, ma'am, your six year old daughter isn't going to be hauling this puppy around for much longer, sorry. The vet actually burst out laughing when he saw it.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

lionskull posted:

Here is Jack eating some yogurt.

I know this was posted forever ago, but what's up nearly naked senegal rescue buddy!

Do you still have Jack?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

BIRDS! :downs:

SuperTwo
Oct 30, 2010

Patterdale :black101:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

I'm honestly tempted to start driving around my neighborhood looking for a monkey, this guy is like two miles away from me.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Mirthless posted:

I'm honestly tempted to start driving around my neighborhood looking for a monkey, this guy is like two miles away from me.

the first guy has an amazing scam going

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Jack_tripper posted:

the first guy has an amazing scam going

Haha, I thought that, but it seems so much like a movie plot that it can't possibly be true, right?

Though, the original listing has been deleted...

dovetaile
Jul 8, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Looking for a pet to spice up your aquarium? Have I got the one for you!

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pet/4600300728.html

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.
that would be a cool fish to have in a 1000 gallon aquarium imo

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

this is a p high quality dog that totally should exist

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Nov 20, 2014

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Mirthless posted:

this is a p high quality dog that totally should exist

I won't deny it, if I saw that dog at the pound it'd be going home with me :kimchi:

Weirdest looking dog I ever saw was a lhasa apso/boxer

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

platedlizard posted:

I won't deny it, if I saw that dog at the pound it'd be going home with me :kimchi:

Weirdest looking dog I ever saw was a lhasa apso/boxer

Was it's nose mounted to the back of it's skull?

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?
I submitted this a while back to craigslisthorses on tumblr, thought this thread might "enjoy" it too.

Orlando.

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Nightmare Zone posted:

I submitted this a while back to craigslisthorses on tumblr, thought this thread might "enjoy" it too.

Orlando.

Man, I was watching something last night about zebras, and they mentioned that people have been trying to tame zebras for hundreds of years, and only one man got close. I'll give Zebraic Cowboy a thumbs up.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

They can be trained but if I recall correctly even trained they can get really assholish when they reach maturity. I bet it's under five years old.

Nightmare Zone
Aug 3, 2014

Do you like sucking jalapenos?
I highly recommend central and south Florida's CL if you wanna see more animals of questionable legality up for sale.

Also that guy's way too big to be riding that zebra. I don't remember exactly when you're supposed to start riding horses but they're generally a lot bigger before you even put a saddle on them.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Nightmare Zone posted:

I highly recommend central and south Florida's CL if you wanna see more animals of questionable legality up for sale.

Also that guy's way too big to be riding that zebra. I don't remember exactly when you're supposed to start riding horses but they're generally a lot bigger before you even put a saddle on them.

Honestly you'd be surprised at what is legal to own, a lot of states will allow you to keep dangerous predatory animals with the barest minimum containment which is how you get people keeping tigers in a dog run in their backyard in the middle of a suburban neighborhood. I just had a lady in today at work who mentioned that she own a lynx (I think a Siberian Lynx but I'm not sure). This was at a normal grocery store. She's the third person I've met who owned an exotic cat.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
My wife used to know people who kept bobcats. Kept them in a big backdoor cage with a tree, so I guess they had a nice enclosure, but they were apparently defanged and declawed so they were "safe". :negative:

This was in Jenks, OK which is an upper middle class suburb of Tulsa.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Mirthless posted:

My wife used to know people who kept bobcats. Kept them in a big backdoor cage with a tree, so I guess they had a nice enclosure, but they were apparently defanged and declawed so they were "safe". :negative:

This was in Jenks, OK which is an upper middle class suburb of Tulsa.

One of the people I knew kept their Bobcats in their garage & some other cat (not domestic ) in their house. It was this other cat that attacked their parrot.

The other person kept a lion in their apartment.

It's a wonder that there aren't more people dead from lion in the great US of A imo :911:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.

Nightmare Zone posted:

Zebras in general are pretty small. You're not supposed to sit on a horse before it turns 2 at the very youngest because it hasn't finished growing and you could mess up its bones and whatnot. If the zebra is full grown there's not really a problem with a dude sitting on it.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

platedlizard posted:

Honestly you'd be surprised at what is legal to own, a lot of states will allow you to keep dangerous predatory animals with the barest minimum containment which is how you get people keeping tigers in a dog run in their backyard in the middle of a suburban neighborhood.

You can actually keep quite a few lions and tigers in the middle of suburban florida.

http://www.cattyshack.org

I get to hear lions snd tigers calling for breakfast in the morning sometimes, it s cool as hell!

Grraarrgghh
Feb 12, 2012

"Bernard, float over here so I can punch you."

As someone posted a few pages back, Calgary has a lot of lovely parrot owners.

"Hi, I'm a shitheel fuckwit who decided to move to a petfree apartment while owning a mated pair of large parrots. $3000 please."

"I bought a parrot without reading fuckall about them. Pity my life likely filled with poor decisions."

"See above."

EDIT: Also holy gently caress they paid almost $700 for a loving Quaker parrot? I mean, pet prices are pretty high in Alberta but :psyboom:

Grraarrgghh fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Nov 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:shrug: Your guess is as good as mine

• Locked thread