Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mombot
Sep 28, 2010

mmmmmwah - Trophy kisses!

Aravenna posted:

There is a "morkie" and a "yorktese" on my local Craigslist right now. What are these, maltese x yorkie crosses? I'm not sure which name is worse.

Also some "shar-pit" puppies, and for some reason a bunch of people with "wolf hybrids" that are clearly just shepherd/husky/malamute mixes. One is a "timber wolf/husky" mix that is pretty obviously a pit/husky mix. There is nothing remotely wolfy about any of them other than that they are dogs.

Also someone wants to get rid of this dog. Why.

Is that Gary? :ohdear: Seriously, where is that? I would totally go get him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

Currawong posted:

The ads for birds are so often heartbreaking. There was a cockatiel in a tiny dirty cage that "HAS TO GO TONIGHT!!!!" Ads worded like that always make me wonder if they just kill it or let it outside if no one takes it. :smith:

I found an ad for 2 macaws for $2000. The photo had them in an empty cage with 3 perches, all the same diameter, that might be ok for one bird. The cage was in what looked like an unfinished garage. The bottom of the cage was completely coated in poop :(

I told my bird-disliking man about it and showed him the picture, and even his stoney heart grew sad. If we had a house I might've brought the birds home. I hope someone nice takes them home :( Big parrots in lovely cages break my heart.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

mombot posted:

Is that Gary? :ohdear: Seriously, where is that? I would totally go get him

Athens, Alabama. Here's the listing:
http://huntsville.craigslist.org/pet/3202859395.html

While you're at it, stop by Huntsville and pick up Wall-E here from Animal Services:

Seriously, is there someone around here breeding little dogs with wonky ears?

Edit: In between this post and my last one, yet another person posted about wanting a wolf hybrid. "Must be good with dogs and cats" and also they don't want to spend more than $50. If I didn't think that would just lead to bad things, I'd start claiming that Quaffle was a wolf/lab mix or something just to hear the reactions from people.

Aravenna fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 28, 2012

Royal Jeans
May 12, 2012

Sounds like a reasonable trade to me.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

:catstare:

It goes on. Eventually there are pictures of dogs. And a jacuzzi. And a kitchen. And a baby swing. And a person. If you really want I can get the whole text but I haven't managed to read it yet.

The title, of course, is "Don't believe the lies......"

A Bait Dog For Your Pit Bulls.

*lhasa apso*

mombot
Sep 28, 2010

mmmmmwah - Trophy kisses!

Aravenna posted:

Athens, Alabama. Here's the listing:
http://huntsville.craigslist.org/pet/3202859395.html

While you're at it, stop by Huntsville and pick up Wall-E here from Animal Services:

Seriously, is there someone around here breeding little dogs with wonky ears?

Edit: In between this post and my last one, yet another person posted about wanting a wolf hybrid. "Must be good with dogs and cats" and also they don't want to spend more than $50. If I didn't think that would just lead to bad things, I'd start claiming that Quaffle was a wolf/lab mix or something just to hear the reactions from people.

My heart is broken. I'm in Illinois. They are so cute. What is wrong with people? Oh, they're not itty bitty tiny puppies anymore and it's actually work having a little being depend on you. Really makes my head want to explode.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
A tricky operation, at best:

6-Ethyl Bearcat
Apr 27, 2008

Go out

Aravenna posted:

Also someone wants to get rid of this dog. Why.

Why would someone shave that little dude? :(

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...

Superconsndar posted:

A Bait Dog For Your Pit Bulls.

*lhasa apso*

There was a lot about PITBULLS. There are PITBULLS everywhere just ravening for her puppies; also pitbuls. "my puppies are not going to end up being a snack for their pitbuls. She called me and screamed that it was "discrimination", call it whatever you want, but they are MY puppies and I can do whatever I please with them. I can pick and choose who gets the puppies. I am free to do what I wish, I only sell them to upscale and middle class homes, none of which contain pitbulls. I am selling one to a wonderful woman who owns an English Bulldog, but she has him well-trained and he is a gentle giant"

"that is not the purpose of me breeding these puppies I do it to provide good families quality puppies for their Kid's first puppy, or Christmas puppies or birthday puppies or whatever the occassion."

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

There was a lot about PITBULLS. There are PITBULLS everywhere just ravening for her puppies; also pitbuls. "my puppies are not going to end up being a snack for their pitbuls. She called me and screamed that it was "discrimination", call it whatever you want, but they are MY puppies and I can do whatever I please with them. I can pick and choose who gets the puppies. I am free to do what I wish, I only sell them to upscale and middle class homes, none of which contain pitbulls. I am selling one to a wonderful woman who owns an English Bulldog, but she has him well-trained and he is a gentle giant"

"that is not the purpose of me breeding these puppies I do it to provide good families quality puppies for their Kid's first puppy, or Christmas puppies or birthday puppies or whatever the occassion."

"Christmas puppy".

Is that another way to say, "I pretend like I give a poo poo about the animals and their welfare, but don't actually"?

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Puppies for "whatever the occassion," too! It's like Hallmark. Condolence puppies, belated birthday puppies, retirement puppies, get well soon puppies, world's best grandma puppies, save the date puppies....

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I told my mom I was totally going to buy her a "get well soon" puppy and she told me that she was never going to recover if I did. Jeez, way to hate on my generosity, mom.

That being said, I found an ad and highlighted my favorite parts!

e: tables

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Puppies for "whatever the occassion," too! It's like Hallmark. Condolence puppies, belated birthday puppies, retirement puppies, get well soon puppies, world's best grandma puppies, save the date puppies....

A save the date puppy would be the best way to ensure no one came to your wedding.

NatashaQuick
Jun 30, 2007

No Mr. Bond,
I expect you to die.

Bear Rape posted:

I told my mom I was totally going to buy her a "get well soon" puppy and she told me that she was never going to recover if I did. Jeez, way to hate on my generosity, mom.

That being said, I found an ad and highlighted my favorite parts!

e: tables

He isn't spayed, you don't say?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Well he sounds like a fairly friendly hippo even so! What a steal. :v:

e: also do yourselves a favor and don't search "APBT" on GIS.

Hardwood Floor fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 28, 2012

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Bear Rape posted:

Well he sounds like a fairly friendly hippo even so! What a steal. :v:

I figure I can find a few babies and chihuahuas that need eating, so he'll be fine with me.

Fraction
Mar 27, 2010

CATS RULE DOGS DROOL

FERRETS ARE ALSO PRETTY MEH, HONESTLY

Definitely a real dog. I'm not trying to sell you my imaginary bro, no sir.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Fraction posted:

Definitely a real dog. I'm not trying to sell you my imaginary bro, no sir.

At first I thought that no one here believed that pit bulls were sweet dogs, then I saw the "I'm 100% sure he's real" part and finally got it. I feel kinda slow...

I just checked CL for my city and it all seemed vegan kosher except a strange post about this dog vaccine conspiracy....

But it doesn't end there

With the rate that my dog kills and eats possums, I'll take my chances

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

At first I thought that no one here believed that pit bulls were sweet dogs, then I saw the "I'm 100% sure he's real" part and finally got it. I feel kinda slow...

I just checked CL for my city and it all seemed vegan kosher except a strange post about this dog vaccine conspiracy....

But it doesn't end there

With the rate that my dog kills and eats possums, I'll take my chances

Do you live in the Pacific Northwest or something?

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.
Just outside of Chicago, actually

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Someone please remind me I can't help all the doggies. :smith:

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

This ad just stood out among the rest. The uncommon dog breed and the refusal to show pictures is kind of suspicious. Oh, and the fact that they only posted it today and they NEED this dog gone by tomorrow.

Edit: just watched the dogs 101 thing on this breed and they claim that this breed is thought to only have about 1000 dogs in the world. Why would one be in the middle of southern VA in this situation? I am calling BS on this ad at this point! (at least, I am hoping it is!)

cryingscarf fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Aug 30, 2012

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

cryingscarf posted:

This ad just stood out among the rest. The uncommon dog breed and the refusal to show pictures is kind of suspicious. Oh, and the fact that they only posted it today and they NEED this dog gone by tomorrow.

Edit: just watched the dogs 101 thing on this breed and they claim that this breed is thought to only have about 1000 dogs in the world. Why would one be in the middle of southern VA in this situation? I am calling BS on this ad at this point! (at least, I am hoping it is!)

Maybe it's just a big Chinese Crested? Or a dog with mange. CL is pretty dumb when it comes to getting breeds right, so that wouldn't surprise me.

e: Plus people like saying their dog is a OMG SO RARE breed so that too.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Bear Rape posted:

Maybe it's just a big Chinese Crested? Or a dog with mange. CL is pretty dumb when it comes to getting breeds right, so that wouldn't surprise me.

e: Plus people like saying their dog is a OMG SO RARE breed so that too.

Or possibly a Xoloitzcuintle? But those aren't super common either.

EDIT: actually there is a Xolo breeder in VA so its more likely than I initially thought.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 30, 2012

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

I'm content to believe that it really is a giant flowering plant.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I'm content to believe that it really is a giant flowering plant.

That keeps making GBS threads and peeing in the house.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Nonsense, it's 90% house-trained!

Seriously, I'm liking this plant. It has character. Takes down goats? Very vocal? Good with kids, cats, and larger dogs? How many of you can say that about your houseplants?

I wonder if they'd ship to NY.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Seriously, I'm liking this plant. It has character. Takes down goats? Very vocal? Good with kids, cats, and larger dogs? How many of you can say that about your houseplants?

What if it starts trying to take down people!

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

It sounds a bit like a chupacabra. Or maybe that's just the goat thing.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

wtftastic posted:

What if it starts trying to take down people!

Find a sadistic dentist who deserves to die, axe murder him, and feed him to the plant. Reap benefits in the form of endless fame and fortune.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

Find a sadistic dentist who deserves to die, axe murder him, and feed him to the plant. Reap benefits in the form of endless fame and fortune.

Maybe you could even get a Broadway musical out of it.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

I'm thinking something with kind of a Motown sound. Just make sure there's a love interest.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I'm thinking something with kind of a Motown sound. Just make sure there's a love interest.

How about a sentient cat type plant that's already gone after chickens?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Nothing screams "I AM A PROFESSIONAL" like "GIVE ME A PUREBRED SMALL DOG FOR FREE".

Won't even go into the rest of that and the picture

why did they feel the need to upload that?

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
STRONG MANLY MEN ONLY

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Bear Rape posted:

Nothing screams "I AM A PROFESSIONAL" like "GIVE ME A PUREBRED SMALL DOG FOR FREE".

Won't even go into the rest of that and the picture

why did they feel the need to upload that?

"I wanna be a veternarian (sic)"

Good luck with that one, toots.

adventure in the sandbox
Nov 24, 2005

Things change

This dog had a really great ad, I actually emailed the people to tell them how awesome they are.

But the title is Great Dane x Healer (sic).

Yep that's sure a mix, def not a pure Dane.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Serella posted:

"I wanna be a veternarian (sic)"

Good luck with that one, toots.

Waiting for her to have to dissect a fetal pig and deal with dog poop everywhere. I can just imagine the "You mean I don't just cuddle dogs all day? :saddowns:"

Fusillade
Mar 31, 2012

...and her

BIG FAT BASS
Sigh. After all the tired ads for purse dogs and pit bulls, I came across this gem:

Flagged it for Best of Craigslist, haha!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Bear Rape posted:

Waiting for her to have to dissect a fetal pig and deal with dog poop everywhere. I can just imagine the "You mean I don't just cuddle dogs all day? :saddowns:"

Let's be honest, she would not even get past undergrad pre-reqs.

I always wonder what people think being a vet actually consists of. Because I can remember being 15 and thinking :downs: I WANNA BE A VET BECAUSE I LOVE ANIMALS and then remembering dissection makes me queasy.

• Locked thread