Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

This guy's got 4 more listing for adult birds. Seriously 70 Quaker babies? 20 Conure babies? And this guy even states he's a wholesaler, so that kind of goes terribly against Craigslist policy on selling pets.

Then of course, there's all the stuff about a dead dog dumping ground under a bridge in Bastrop. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AzureSkye
Mar 4, 2010
Only $650 for an unregistered kitten guys! You can also go buy the parents and be your very own byb! Wow, what a steal! Cause I dunno about you guys, but when I think of pets I only want ones that I can use to pop out babies and get momma some :10bux:

~Snow Loepard~

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

I like plates and lizards.

Drum posted:

This guy's got 4 more listing for adult birds. Seriously 70 Quaker babies? 20 Conure babies? And this guy even states he's a wholesaler, so that kind of goes terribly against Craigslist policy on selling pets.

Then of course, there's all the stuff about a dead dog dumping ground under a bridge in Bastrop. :(

I've hand raised birds before and everything is wrong with this ad. :stare: those babies will die of sour-crop and/or crop-burns and/or malnutrition due to being sold to inexperienced handfeeders. And 4 week old macaws being hand fed three times a day ye gads :gonk: These are birds who need to be hand fed for six to nine months. One month old is still a tiny infant for them. In my old job we'd be still feeding them five to six times a day. Three times a day is for when they'd switched to their fledging stage and started to drop weight so they could learn to fly.

Then worst part is I garuntee he knows most of these babies will die, and doesn't care. Ive seen wholesalers like him before and they do not give a poo poo about their animals, they could be wholesaling lumber for all they care. One guy I know of even ignored a quarantine for a poultry disease in order to make a buck about fifteen years ago.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009
Not craigslist, but a particularly dumb Yahoo question I found when Googling "average chihuahua weight"

Yeah, I'd really like to make sure that my dog is a deformed minimicroteaspoon size before it grows into a massive 6-8 pound standard chihuahua. HUGE!

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Double Plus Good posted:

Not craigslist, but a particularly dumb Yahoo question I found when Googling "average chihuahua weight"

Yeah, I'd really like to make sure that my dog is a deformed minimicroteaspoon size before it grows into a massive 6-8 pound standard chihuahua. HUGE!

Heaven forbid you have to put your dog in an unfashionably large purse.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

:stare:

Olive Bar
Mar 30, 2005

Take me to the moon
And then there are people like me, I'd totally take it!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Double Plus Good posted:

As much as I hate to play devil's advocate in this situation, it's possible that (s)he or someone in his/her family had previously purchased a dog they thought was a chihuahua only to get a 20 or 30 pound mutt instead. Maybe they think that's the normal size for a Chihuahua? BYBs often misrepresent what they're selling. Until my mom got one (this was in the 80s) everyone in my family thought a cockerspaniel/poodle mix looked like a long-haired Chihuahua, which is what my Grandmother's dog actually was. :downs:

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Double Plus Good posted:

Funnily enough, the breed standard calls for Chihuahuas not to exceed 6 pounds. An automatic disqualification is a dog that exceeds that weight.

Double Plus Good
Nov 4, 2009

a life less posted:

Funnily enough, the breed standard calls for Chihuahuas not to exceed 6 pounds. An automatic disqualification is a dog that exceeds that weight.

Yeah, I added on two pounds for BYB variations, like a chihuahua would be 8 pounds max. I just can't imagine a scenario in which two extra pounds would make a dog just TOO HUGE to fit into your lifestyle. Like, I like little dogs, but if 6 pounds is too much, you don't want a dog... you want a very large rat. ~*purse rats*~

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
"If you are interested in this male pup please email me with a contact number. IF YOU DON'T LEAVE A NUMBER I WON'T RESPOND!! Only had him for 4 days. Too much of a responsibility, I rather stick with fish. Please contact me only if you have time for this great puppy. Rehoming donation is required! Please email me for details"

:psyduck:
boy i want a puppy

only 4 days later

NEVERMIND

:psyduck:

edit:
pic

its also still like, a potato too

Malalol fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jun 13, 2013

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Malalol posted:

Too much of a responsibility, I rather stick with fish.

There's no way that caring for fish responsibly is less work than a dog.

Kugyou no Tenshi
Nov 8, 2005

We can't keep the crowd waiting, can we?

Dogdoo 8 posted:

There's no way that caring for fish responsibly is less work than a dog.

There's your problem.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Neither Craigslist or Kijiji, but I thought this was the most appropriate thread for this review for a local Petco:

quote:

"Do you have $3000 to set up a proper environment?!" My husband and I told my son if he is responsible and waits until he is 6 we will get him a lizard. We took him in to visit a few times and do some research and set aside $300 for the products we would need. He picked a chameleon. Tropical lizard that needs a more moist home. We knew that. When we asked for help the manager, Erin, came over to help and was rude from the get-go! She said "What are you looking at?" We told her and she almost shouted the statement above. She talked to us like we were idiots and were not worthy of her lizards. My husband said "Nope!" and we walked out the door. I tried to call later to let the management know about her attitude and customer service skills but she answered the phone. I asked for another manager. She said she was the only one, and what did I need. (Of course Rude as all get out!) I kindly explained to her that I wanted to report her attitude so that the owner/manager of the store can be aware of the way she is making customers feel. She used more of her ugliness on me then told me she would "let them know." I won't go back to another PetCo. We went imminently to a PetSmart and were treated with respect and kindness.

https://plus.google.com/112444408825151417448/about?gl=us&hl=en

:allears:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Mirthless posted:

Neither Craigslist or Kijiji, but I thought this was the most appropriate thread for this review for a local Petco:

I hate it when people tell me I have no idea what I'm in for! gently caress them- I just prefer to live in coddled ignorance.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Mirthless posted:

I used to work for Petsmart so this is making me laugh. Like fish, the majority of the cost of getting a reptile is the life-support system. I wish people understood that.

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Quality Pugamutes now available, APR/APRI/NKC approved breeder. PM for details.

Mirthless posted:

And that Petsmart chameleon is now dead. lol @ 'moist environment'

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I'm just on a roll discovering horrible things today.

"Yeah it's an alright bird I guess but it can't hold water".

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

I love Hitler and Hitler loves me! He's not all bad, Hitler just needs someone to believe in him! Can't you just give Hitler a chance?

Annd the heartless capitalist in me says that a fish tank above 30g is worth $100-500 easy, but a Quaker is only worth $25-100.

You can seriously get them for free in some places where they're feral.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

How hard is it to look up how to spell "dachshund"? :psyduck:

That's all there is to say.

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending
Against my better judgement I went to look as well...

Nope. I'm out. :saddowns:

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

Craigslist posted:

6 week old blue tick coon hound

I got a blue tick coon hound as a fathers day gift for my husband and I am looking to find him a new home. I don't know much about these types of dogs and apparently Mehta he wanted was a bloodhound. This lil boy has a dad that was a three time Champion (forgive me for not remembering exactly what the man told me about these) he has puppy papers that are on their way to me and can be passed on to you. He is absolutely adorable and will make a fantastic pet or hunting dog, I would love to keep him but I am going to try and get my husband a bloodhound since that is what he wants. I am asking a rehoming fee seeing as he was quite expensive coming from the bloodline he has and such.

Eh coonhound, bloodhound, they're all the same so easy to get them mixed up! I love that she had no idea what he actually wanted or anything about dog breeds at all apparently, but was still willing to shell out a lot of money for random puppy.

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

quote:

Looking to rehome a swainsons rainbow lorikeet and her best friend bun bun. They are both very sweet. Great with kids, cats and dogs. Tesla (rainbow lorikeet) is hand raised she does talk "come here, give me kisses, step up, wanna go outside, pretty bird, wrestle" tesla and bun bun are both around a year old they live in the same cage and would prefur to stay together. Bun bun does great outside of the cage ie uses a litter box. They both love to roam the house together. Comes with large cage, toys and food. I paid $500 for tesla. Paid $250 for cage. Rehoming fee $250 obo

My blood ran cold.

platedlizard
Aug 31, 2012

Official Bizness posted:

My blood ran cold.

How is that rabbit still alive?

Pardalis
Dec 26, 2008

The Amazing Dreadheaded Chameleon Keeper
How does that bird still have toes?

Captain Foxy
Jun 13, 2007

If I know anything about Swainson's, that rabbit is literally painted with liquid bird excrement.

And also fatty fat fat from eating dropped nectar leavings.

cryingscarf
Feb 4, 2007

~*FaBuLoUs*~

drat it, Dex has never gotten his flee shots. Is this why I cannot trust him off leash? :ohdear:

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
A potted trained dog sounds awesome, he can help with gardening! :haw:

Scary Ned
Mar 16, 2007

very scary
Would anyone like to buy some chihuahua/lab/kitten mixes?

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

quote:

Hi I have a female shih tzu puppy 8 month old verry beautiful verry good dog really good with kids. The reason why giving her away is because I can't take her with me. The place I'm moving is to small...If you are Interested to adopting sassy thars her name plz txt me or call me REDACTED thank you asking for no rehoming fee just for a good home her..

Where on earth are you moving to that can't fit a shih tzu?

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

This is horrifying, look at the price of the pups then look at the champion bloodline father in the last picture

https://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/champion-sired-englishbritish-bulldog-puppies-for-sale-ready-to-view-now-one-female-now-sold/1024859410

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Why on earth is the owner shirtless in three of those pictures? Is he trying to mesmerize us with his sexy Play-Doh physique? :psyduck:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

The dogs resulting from this mix will be crazy as gently caress.

Neferreth
Feb 21, 2011

Bananaquiter posted:

Where on earth are you moving to that can't fit a shih tzu?

A prison cell?

Russian Dollies
Jun 25, 2006

Basically... RUN.

Best posting I've seen in awhile. I'm sure more than one person can appreciate it in here. :)

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/3946417064.html

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Russian Dollies posted:

Best posting I've seen in awhile. I'm sure more than one person can appreciate it in here. :)

http://cosprings.craigslist.org/pet/3946417064.html

the only thing that's missing is a $400 rehoming fee despite their desperation to get rid of them

Zenithbliss
Oct 22, 2007

https://www.gumtree.com/p/pets/champion-sired-british-bulldog-puppies-for-sale/1026403625

Only £2,000 each now :downs: Check out the champion dads picture in the link!

Why not Celebrate the arrival of the Royal BRITISH Birth with these 100% BRITISH BULLDOGS...1 Female and one male now SOLD!! Only One female and three males now remaining!! Here I have 6 top quality gorgeous healthy self whelped!! British Bulldog puppies perfect for either pets or for the show ring, each puppy are true to its breed chunky, excellent posture, plenty of wrinkles and some with the desired straight tail for showing. These puppies are sired by champion show dog Ocobo Candyman Can. Puppies can be seen with mother who is our own family pet who also has amazing blood lines such as Ocobo, Iceglint, Brampton and Kelloe, she has a really good temperament and is a real soft, gentle, loving pet which surely the puppies will be too. Puppies will come with 5 generation pedigree, 4 weeks of free insurance, vet checked, wormed, first vaccination and a bag of puppy food. The puppies are available to view Now where a deposit secures the puppy until they are ready to go to their new homes on 31st July at 8 weeks old. Again I would like to mention that these puppies are sired by a Ocobo/Mystyle!! British Bulldog champion! Pictures of adult dogs is mother and Father ch ocobo candyman can who are both perfectly healthy and as you can see they are both stunning dogs big and chunky with plenty of wrinkles and are both excellent examples of how these gorgeous puppies will look when reached adulthood real head turners. If interested please don't hesitate in contacting me whether it is to book a viewing or to ask any questions as these puppies won't be here long, first to see will buy, all puppies are shown in pictures and more can be provided if interested, thank you for looking at my ad and we hope to here from you soon.
READY TO VIEW NOW!!! 1 Female and one male now SOLD!! Only One female and three males now remaining.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/pet/3962018961.html

Proof that pitbulls are monsters.

Zenith, I hope there are a million english bulldogs named george/georgie by the time the year is out. ...But they'll all be in the states.

Dogdoo 8
Sep 22, 2011

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/pet/3962018961.html

Proof that pitbulls are monsters.

Zenith, I hope there are a million english bulldogs named george/georgie by the time the year is out. ...But they'll all be in the states.

Is it a "monster" like those MONSTER HUGE 3 INCH DRAGON listings on Aquabid for bettas that I could never stop giggling at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malalol
Apr 4, 2007

I spent $1,000 on my computer but I'm too "poor" to take my dog or any of my animals to the vet for vet care. My neglect caused 1 of my birds to die prematurely! My dog pisses everywhere! I don't care! I'm a piece of shit! Don't believe me? Check my post history in Pet Island!
^ monster bettas usually mean a white face coloration :D
and/or referring to size..

• Locked thread