Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
"I've got two male mountain curs. Will run coons with other dogs. And will bay caged coon. They kill oppossums all the time. They're forsale or trade for beagles, shock collars, dog boxes, costa sunglasses, ect. They'd also make some fine squirrel dogs I just ain't got the time to give em."

sunglasses, shock collars, whatever

Then someone found this dog:

And then there's this thing:

"Hates cats.....other than that great!"

I want to know what specifically is going on inside that dog that causes his chest to be so much wider than his shoulders. I want to see x-rays or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Aravenna posted:

"I've got two male mountain curs. Will run coons with other dogs. And will bay caged coon. They kill oppossums all the time. They're forsale or trade for beagles, shock collars, dog boxes, costa sunglasses, ect. They'd also make some fine squirrel dogs I just ain't got the time to give em."

sunglasses, shock collars, whatever

Then someone found this dog:

And then there's this thing:

"Hates cats.....other than that great!"

I want to know what specifically is going on inside that dog that causes his chest to be so much wider than his shoulders. I want to see x-rays or something.

He's got a case of the AMERICAN BULLY I think. Or some other variety of genetic train wreck.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
Yeah, but is it muscle? Fat? What substance is filling the chest of dogs like that? And how does it compare to the corresponding tissue in a normal dog, I want to know.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.

Amberlyn posted:

[timg]picture[/timg]

why does that man have a waddle

RabbitMage
Nov 20, 2008
My cat keeps going missing, but anyone who dares to try and tame is wild heart is the REAL rear end in a top hat!

quote:

Rocky is missing again. The last time (last month) he was gone for 10 days. Rocky is `neutered` so I can`t imagine him roaming so far from home for so long. What I think happened is ...he wandered into someones property that last time, and whoever`s property it was...thought they had `found` a new cat ? Rocky has it `made` at his home, and the ONLY reason that I can imagine him not coming home for his daily brkfst, brunch, lunch, and dinner is....that someone has him again, and they are trying to make him their `indoor` kitty ? Rocky is an indoor/OUTDOOR cat! If you are trying this ...It is cruel!!! He is almost 5 y/o and has never been confined to the indoors only. He has a heated bed on my back porch that he uses whenever he wants. He grew up in THIS backyard...it is his! If you have him...Please release him to come and go as HE pleases. If he wants to come by your house to visit, that is fine with me - we can share, but please do not hold him against his will any longer!
P.S. I have provided him w/all of his shots, and flea meds, so please don`t give him any more.
Thanks to all who have taken the time to read this.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Skizzles posted:

why does that man have a waddle

Huh? The picture you thought you'd posted didn't post so I don't know what you're referring to.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I left out the picture 'cause it was huge. It's on the previous page.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

RabbitMage posted:

My cat keeps going missing, but anyone who dares to try and tame is wild heart is the REAL rear end in a top hat!

Yeah, this cat is probably dead, but OMG SOMEONE MUST HAVE STOLEN HIM.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Skizzles posted:

I left out the picture 'cause it was huge. It's on the previous page.

Oh. Yeah.. That was the one I went batshit trying to reduce the size of, once I'd posted it. It wasn't that big on CL, I swear.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

ok frankies now lets get in formation

Serella posted:

Yeah, this cat is probably dead, but OMG SOMEONE MUST HAVE STOLEN HIM.

My parents literally believe that most of the outdoor cats we had growing up that spontaneously disappeared were all, in fact, stolen. Surely, some nice old lady decided to keep them and feed them fresh tuna and caviar on velvet pillows and there is no way that they were actually torn into confetti by foxes or mowed down by cars. :downs:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

My parents literally believe that most of the outdoor cats we had growing up that spontaneously disappeared were all, in fact, stolen. Surely, some nice old lady decided to keep them and feed them fresh tuna and caviar on velvet pillows and there is no way that they were actually torn into confetti by foxes or mowed down by cars. :downs:

:qq: SOMEONE STOLE MY MANGY FLEA-RIDDEN PRECIOUS FURBABY THAT LIKES TO SLEEP IN THE STREET

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Serella posted:

:qq: SOMEONE STOLE MY MANGY FLEA-RIDDEN PRECIOUS FURBABY THAT LIKES TO SLEEP IN THE STREET

:qq: CATS HAVE TO LIVE OUTSIDE THEY CANT LIVE IN THE HOUSE THEY AREN'T REALLY DOMESTICATED :qq:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

wtftastic posted:

:qq: CATS HAVE TO LIVE OUTSIDE THEY CANT LIVE IN THE HOUSE THEY AREN'T REALLY DOMESTICATED :qq:

:qq: KEEPING CATS INDOORS ONLY IS CRUEL THEY NEED TO BE FREE :qq:

That's the one that pisses me off. Keep your cat outside if you want, but my lazy cat is perfectly happy sleeping on the back of the couch rather than under a car or on a dirty tree branch.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Serella posted:

:qq: KEEPING CATS INDOORS ONLY IS CRUEL THEY NEED TO BE FREE :qq:

That's the one that pisses me off. Keep your cat outside if you want, but my lazy cat is perfectly happy sleeping on the back of the couch rather than under a car or on a dirty tree branch.

Most cats probably don't really even give a poo poo about the outside. If yours does, then learn how to walk them in a harness.

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/grd/3263217457.html

To contribute. Couldn't possibly keep the dog INSIDE, could we?

And then this one is much sadder:
http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/grd/3180527665.html

I've seen the person post this for months, so maybe the dog isn't as fantastic as she claims, but if she's really looking for a service dog, my heart goes out to her.

AcetylCoA!
Dec 25, 2010

She's also apparently invisible.

Very complete

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Aravenna posted:

A high protein lowfat diet combined with 150lb squats and 125lb reps is my guess.

My real guess is that he was being trained to fight and being pumped full of growth hormones, those muscles are far too developed to have occurred naturally.

a life less
Jul 12, 2009

We are healthy only to the extent that our ideas are humane.

Tusen Takk posted:

My real guess is that he was being trained to fight and being pumped full of growth hormones, those muscles are far too developed to have occurred naturally.

Um no. The dog looks pretty skinnyfat. It just has weird struture.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

a life less posted:

Um no. The dog looks pretty skinnyfat. It just has weird struture.

Rickets then? I dunno, it looks muscular to me but I'm used to fluffy doggies :3:

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
English bulldogs and other dogs with that really wide stance look so goddamn uncomfortable, with the legs so far out from center. I wish I could come up with some really good front-view skeleton pictures to compare a "wide" dog with a "normal" dog, and I'm not sure how you can distinguish between actual skeletal structure and the mounting technique of the person who assembled it. It's actually something I've been spergy-curious about for a long time. :downs:

Anyway, 1920s bulldog and basset hound skeletons:

Do they get hosed-up joint issues from that structure?

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

Lmao omggggg is this a real post :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Superconsndar posted:

Lmao omggggg is this a real post :3:

It was, however after looking into the build of bulldogs I'd like to retract it due to :shobon:

I've never seen a dog like that, it looked like that dog that was missing the gene to allow fat storage and was crazy muscular

http://blogmuscle.wordpress.com/2007/07/13/wendy-the-whippet-a-mutant-double-muscled-dog-has-internet-abuzz/

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

It was, however after looking into the build of bulldogs I'd like to retract it due to :shobon:

I've never seen a dog like that, it looked like that dog that was missing the gene to allow fat storage and was crazy muscular

This is what an actual super ripped, ~muscled up~ bulldog looks like

this is a dog at pit weight (prob dried out)

This is a pet bulldog about a pound from what would be his pit weight

Pit dogs are not ham shaped. Pit dogs are not overly muscled. Pit dogs are never blue, like the dog posted. Pit dogs are not fed steroids. Pit dogs are not "trained" to fight. I have to say this for lurkers or I will go insane. :tipshat:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Super, then maybe that weird dog is just a bait dog. MAYBE.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

Super, then maybe that weird dog is just a bait dog. MAYBE.

This is the sound of me softly imploding.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

Superconsndar posted:

People haven't heard of things like "dog aggression" vs. "human aggression"

redmercer fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Sep 19, 2012

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

You know I am just loving with you, right.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

wtftastic posted:

You know I am just loving with you, right.

You know that I did not actually implode, right.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

You know that I did not actually implode, right.

ARE YOU SPEAKING TO ME FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE?

Ginny Field
Dec 18, 2007

What if there is some boy-beast running around Camp Crystal Lake?
This is just sad :(

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Well I guess if you're looking for a short term commitment she's the dog for you.

**certified dog trainer**

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Good news related to this thread, guys. With the information I helped provide, Fish and Wildlife services are gonna be busting an illegal poaching operation on craigslist that involves endangered turtle species! :toot:

No reward offered, but well worth it imo. If you see some obviously illegal stuff (like selling animals that are restricted in your state) going on, report it to this place: http://www.fws.gov/

I'm not sure what the European equivalent is, though.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Hey, that's great, Pew! Pew!

From the department of gently caress You, Craigslist Person:

No no, I'm not a breeder! posted:

It is with great regret that we need to re-home our beautiful Solomon Island Eclectus pair - "Dudley" & "Lola". They are wonderful pets - Dudley is a great talker too - Lola not so much...lol They love each other dearly - so I do not want to seperate them. Eclectus are very different from other parrots - so I would love them to go to someone who is already familiar with the breed and their dietary needs. They eat a lot of fruits, veggies & sprouts and just about anything else you eat! They have bred successfully several times - I do not promote them breeding - they just do it on their own! Lola is very handlable - Dudley can be - he is also very protective of Lola - so never trust him 100% lol Pairs of Eclectus sell for over $3000 - we are only asking $1500 because I want someone who has wanted these feather babies in their lives to afford them & still be able to spoil them rotten! If you are that someone - please contact us at -------. Thank you

"We want the very best for our beloved feather babies...and you better not offer less than $1500. Have we mentioned that they're a successful breeding pair? Not that we're selling them as such or anything."

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

quote:

i have a 6 week old mixed puppy hes shitzu and unknown. he is a little sweet heart we havent had him very long but we have been working on his puppy pad training and hes doing very well. i just am not home enough to give him the attention he deserves. he loves every 1 and loves my daughter who is 15 months old i got him for her i just didnt think it all the way through shes 2 young and i work 2 much and it breaks my heart that he doesnt have some one with him all day :-( im asking 75 he comes with food, puppy pads, bed and toys and his food bowls dog house and all things needed if you want 2 give him a good home that he deserves contact me through email and we will go from there here is a couple pics and they dont do him justice hes a cute sweet baby!!

Whenever I read one of these I really, really want to e-mail the person and ask exactly how long is "not very long". Tuesday?

Yep, let's get a puppy too young to leave its mother, give it to my daughter who is not even a year and a half old, then leave it alone all day. What, you mean I should think this through? Nah, what could go wrong?

I like ads like these, however:

quote:

2 fullblooded male 2year old Mnt Curs. theyve been used mainly on coon and opossum,but could be used for squirrels and hogs to. Theyll run with other dogs and will bark a caged coon, and have treed and killed opossums. Theyll run and tree hides and dummies,and will tree a squirrel hide also. Theyre priced at $125 each , $150 for both. All trades are considered, but id like to trade for other dogs, coonhounds or beagles.

Just think how happy all them dawgs are. :)

PeaBeeJay
Sep 28, 2012

Saw this on my local kijiji. Akbash, free to good home? What could go wrong?

But then there was this too. Some lucky ol'dog is getting a retirement home.

Supercondescending
Jul 4, 2007

PeaBeeJay posted:

But then there was this too. Some lucky ol'dog is getting a retirement home.

This is so sweet. I love this. I love old dawgs. :3:

Scenty
Feb 8, 2008

Who needs so many feeder rats on an apparent emergency?

Okay, now this is just heartbreaking. 2010?

Fat Dio
Feb 27, 2010

Did people play a game of "Telephone" and turn Cane Corso into King Corso?

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
Maybe it's a Cane Corso x Cavalier King Charles mix!

Somehow.

Skizzles
Feb 21, 2009

Live, Laugh, Love,
Poop in a box.
I'm concerned for any dog that needs a goo home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

you were warned
Jul 12, 2006

(the S is for skeleton)
Don't worry! A dog that melo will find a goo home, no problem. Especially at the low, low price of $450.

• Locked thread