Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

There was a lot about PITBULLS. There are PITBULLS everywhere just ravening for her puppies; also pitbuls. "my puppies are not going to end up being a snack for their pitbuls. She called me and screamed that it was "discrimination", call it whatever you want, but they are MY puppies and I can do whatever I please with them. I can pick and choose who gets the puppies. I am free to do what I wish, I only sell them to upscale and middle class homes, none of which contain pitbulls. I am selling one to a wonderful woman who owns an English Bulldog, but she has him well-trained and he is a gentle giant"

"that is not the purpose of me breeding these puppies I do it to provide good families quality puppies for their Kid's first puppy, or Christmas puppies or birthday puppies or whatever the occassion."

"Christmas puppy".

Is that another way to say, "I pretend like I give a poo poo about the animals and their welfare, but don't actually"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

"In private, we will be mercifully free from the opinions of imbeciles and fools."

Puppies for "whatever the occassion," too! It's like Hallmark. Condolence puppies, belated birthday puppies, retirement puppies, get well soon puppies, world's best grandma puppies, save the date puppies....

A save the date puppy would be the best way to ensure no one came to your wedding.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Bear Rape posted:

Well he sounds like a fairly friendly hippo even so! What a steal. :v:

I figure I can find a few babies and chihuahuas that need eating, so he'll be fine with me.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

The Door Frame posted:

At first I thought that no one here believed that pit bulls were sweet dogs, then I saw the "I'm 100% sure he's real" part and finally got it. I feel kinda slow...

I just checked CL for my city and it all seemed vegan kosher except a strange post about this dog vaccine conspiracy....

But it doesn't end there

With the rate that my dog kills and eats possums, I'll take my chances

Do you live in the Pacific Northwest or something?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Bear Rape posted:

Maybe it's just a big Chinese Crested? Or a dog with mange. CL is pretty dumb when it comes to getting breeds right, so that wouldn't surprise me.

e: Plus people like saying their dog is a OMG SO RARE breed so that too.

Or possibly a Xoloitzcuintle? But those aren't super common either.

EDIT: actually there is a Xolo breeder in VA so its more likely than I initially thought.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 30, 2012

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I'm content to believe that it really is a giant flowering plant.

That keeps making GBS threads and peeing in the house.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Nonsense, it's 90% house-trained!

Seriously, I'm liking this plant. It has character. Takes down goats? Very vocal? Good with kids, cats, and larger dogs? How many of you can say that about your houseplants?

I wonder if they'd ship to NY.

What if it starts trying to take down people!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

Find a sadistic dentist who deserves to die, axe murder him, and feed him to the plant. Reap benefits in the form of endless fame and fortune.

Maybe you could even get a Broadway musical out of it.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

I'm thinking something with kind of a Motown sound. Just make sure there's a love interest.

How about a sentient cat type plant that's already gone after chickens?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

adventure in the sandbox posted:

This dog had a really great ad, I actually emailed the people to tell them how awesome they are.

But the title is Great Dane x Healer (sic).

Yep that's sure a mix, def not a pure Dane.

I wish my "Healer" could actually heal things.

Also thats so obviously a harlequin dane.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Aravenna posted:

"I've got two male mountain curs. Will run coons with other dogs. And will bay caged coon. They kill oppossums all the time. They're forsale or trade for beagles, shock collars, dog boxes, costa sunglasses, ect. They'd also make some fine squirrel dogs I just ain't got the time to give em."

sunglasses, shock collars, whatever

Then someone found this dog:

And then there's this thing:

"Hates cats.....other than that great!"

I want to know what specifically is going on inside that dog that causes his chest to be so much wider than his shoulders. I want to see x-rays or something.

He's got a case of the AMERICAN BULLY I think. Or some other variety of genetic train wreck.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Serella posted:

:qq: SOMEONE STOLE MY MANGY FLEA-RIDDEN PRECIOUS FURBABY THAT LIKES TO SLEEP IN THE STREET

:qq: CATS HAVE TO LIVE OUTSIDE THEY CANT LIVE IN THE HOUSE THEY AREN'T REALLY DOMESTICATED :qq:

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Serella posted:

:qq: KEEPING CATS INDOORS ONLY IS CRUEL THEY NEED TO BE FREE :qq:

That's the one that pisses me off. Keep your cat outside if you want, but my lazy cat is perfectly happy sleeping on the back of the couch rather than under a car or on a dirty tree branch.

Most cats probably don't really even give a poo poo about the outside. If yours does, then learn how to walk them in a harness.

http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/grd/3263217457.html

To contribute. Couldn't possibly keep the dog INSIDE, could we?

And then this one is much sadder:
http://charlottesville.craigslist.org/grd/3180527665.html

I've seen the person post this for months, so maybe the dog isn't as fantastic as she claims, but if she's really looking for a service dog, my heart goes out to her.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Super, then maybe that weird dog is just a bait dog. MAYBE.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

This is the sound of me softly imploding.

You know I am just loving with you, right.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

You know that I did not actually implode, right.

ARE YOU SPEAKING TO ME FROM BEYOND THE GRAVE?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

notsoape posted:

Mum is Basset Hound X Border Collie

So its an energetic dog with joint problems, I don't see what the problem is.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/grd/3294402642.html

Puppies from a mountain feist (JUST LIKE A JRT) and ticked beagle.

I get the impression that they're going to end up as hunting dawgs but I can just imagine their crazy, driveyness in a regular home.

(Honestly they look like drop eared ACD mixes to me.)

The one on the right looks a lot like Bailey to me except he still has a proper tail.

wtftastic fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Nov 6, 2012

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Superconsndar posted:

Well, there's your problem.

What kind of blood should they taste?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Baika posted:

But she is low maintenance why does she need a yard, more exercise and attention? :downs:

Oh god, she looks so much like Bailey. He was a farm dog and then spent (I think) a year to two years at the shelter. He's actually a pretty low key guy, but he needs his people around him. Maybe her being outside all the time makes her depressed/ act out?

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Pile of Kittens posted:

Because she walks herself in the yard! :downs:

Outdoors unfixed farm dog... yeah, I don't think they mean "attention" the way we mean it. They probably mean they pet her once or twice a week and feed her once a day or so.

Maybe throw a ball, something like that. I'm such a sucker for heelers but not all of them are as chill as Bailey is and I have to constantly remind myself of that.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

http://elpaso.en.craigslist.org/pet/3449659995.html

I don't normally link a whole ad, but I feel like you guys need the full effect of enjoying those pictures.

http://imgur.com/a/6tXQ4 in case it gets taken down.

When I went to El Paso with the BF I was disappointed I didn't see any pibbles.

Now I know why. They were probably too short to see or hiding in burrows waiting for an unsuspecting passerby to expose their ankles.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Even better, one of the merle pups has a lot of white around his ears, so no idea if he's deaf or not!

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

a life less posted:

Oh god yes this. You have no idea.

wtftastic, odds are the pup's hearing is fine. It's probably at no more risk of being deaf as the rest of its littermates. Odds are the breeder isn't testing any pups for deafness though.

Are only double merle aussies at greater risk of hearing loss? I thought any merle dog with excessive white on the face or near the ears was at risk. Glad to know its not necessarily true.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Pew! Pew! posted:

I apologize for the double post, but I wanted to share these lovebirds being accosted by a giant ghostly head.

Jesus is just blessing them, its cool yo.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Captain Foxy posted:

I'm pretty sure that one bird is saying 'come at me bro' to Jesus.

He better be loving careful. Jesus gets mad angry over that kind of poo poo.

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Renzuko posted:

This sound's like it will end horribly for the chimp...

I don't understand why anyone would want a chimp as an assistance animal. Unless they wanted assistance in getting their face ripped off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wtftastic
Jul 24, 2006

Mirthless posted:

Neither Craigslist or Kijiji, but I thought this was the most appropriate thread for this review for a local Petco:

https://plus.google.com/112444408825151417448/about?gl=us&hl=en

:allears:

I hate it when people tell me I have no idea what I'm in for! gently caress them- I just prefer to live in coddled ignorance.

• Locked thread