Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I am the queen of France.
I really thought my area would have more horrible ads, but it's mostly people who can't spell "guinea pig".

I did find out about a new designer mutt... the dorky. Dacshund/yorkie mix apparently.

Edit: Spoke too soon.

With the amount of injuries I sustain, I wish I had a healer puppy. Unfortunately my regular heeler can't do such things.

I found a pretty red heeler on there for free. Max could have a friend! If only I didn't live in an apartment :negative:

Problem! fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Aug 22, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Centigrade posted:

Seeing fat ACDs just makes my heart break; I just want to snap her up and slim her down. No wonder she's not "hyper" - she's loving obese. :(

I stopped looking at ACD/heeler ads because 99% of them are by people who let them get super obese or did zero research into the breed and are getting rid of them because they're acting like ACDs are supposed to.

(also I can feel my resolve not to get Max a red heeler friend slowly waning :ssh:)

The ad I came here to post got taken down before I could get a screenshot, but the basic gist of it was the local humane society directer got super pissed at a volunteer for taking dogs from the humane society's kill shelter and placing them in no kill shelter and the director actually took them out of the no kill shelters and put them back in the humane society kill shelter. Said volunteer posted a screenshot of the email saying all this in a really unprofessional manner. I really wish I'd gotten a screen grab before it got deleted, this lady seems pretty far off her rocker. I actually feel bad for giving this organization money when I adopted Max from them now.

Edit: There's a pug/german shepherd mix on the local craigslist. :catstare: How does that even happen?

Problem! fucked around with this message at 06:01 on Sep 3, 2012

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Found this while looking through the wanted section, not pets. I want to know the story here. "Taken" by whom? The lister wants to either say goodbye or "maybe" buy him back, but it doesn't seem to matter? Poor old horse.

My bet is that it belonged to a kid/teenager who didn't care for it well enough and the parents sold it. When kid realized the parents sold their horse they went all "a bloo bloo bloo you took my horse!!" and vowed to get it back and posted this ad.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

The local animal shelter is advertising a black house cat as an Exotic Miniature House Panther, obviously as a joke to get people to click the ad.

I wonder how many idiots will take them seriously and go around bragging about their miniature house panther to all their friends.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Just saw an ad on craigslist looking to rehome a chinchilla. I was expecting the worst but the person seemed to have good intentions and the chinchilla seemed happy and healthy in the first few pictures.

Then this picture was attached:

A chinchilla. Outside. On a leash. :stare: My chins would escape so fast if I tried to take them outside, that collar must be on that poor thing's neck so tight :(

If I had space I'd adopt her so fast but I'm already pushing it with two chinchilla mansions in my living room :(

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Anyone want a coatimundi?

Also this dog is also available! The ad itself is pretty normal (posted by the local rescue) but... look at it.

Lab/bassett mix

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Pile of Kittens posted:

Because she walks herself in the yard! :downs:

Outdoors unfixed farm dog... yeah, I don't think they mean "attention" the way we mean it. They probably mean they pet her once or twice a week and feed her once a day or so.

Max was an unfixed farm dog, he now lives in a townhouse with a very tiny yard and is perfectly happy. All he needs is a long walk and some playtime every day and he's perfectly content to snuggle on the couch the rest of the evening. Pistol is even lower-key, he's already back in bed by the time I leave for work in the morning and would rather snuggle than play most of the time. I either got lucky with my heeler/heeler mix being unusually chill or I'm severely overestimating the amount of time normal people spend with their dogs.

Why bother having a dog if you don't want to Do Things with it?

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Don't most shelters hold dogs that were picked up as strays for at least a week before putting them up for adoption? And wouldn't a dog thief keep the dog and not immediately surrender it to a shelter?

Lady is nuts.

Edit:

Looking through my local craigslist, I discovered that "labraheelers" are a thing.

...A thing I want no part in. Giant landsharks!

Problem! fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Dec 17, 2012

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Enelrahc posted:

Don't forget the Parelli. Shake the carrot stick(c)(tm)!

Parelli is like the Cesar Millan of horses. A former friend of mine dragged me to some demonstration of his and I don't think I've ever continuously rolled my eyes so hard in my life.

He was selling his "carrot stick" and a DVD set for well over $100. $100 for a stick. And people were buying that poo poo.

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

I looked on my local craigslist and about one out of every five posts is for a cattledog or cattledog mix.

Not a single one spelled "heeler" correctly. They're all "healers". I'd like to believe there's a breed of dog with magical healing powers out there.

Edit:

:negative:

Problem! fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Mar 11, 2013

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

A potted trained dog sounds awesome, he can help with gardening! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Problem!
Jan 1, 2007

Nightmare Zone posted:

I highly recommend central and south Florida's CL if you wanna see more animals of questionable legality up for sale.

Also that guy's way too big to be riding that zebra. I don't remember exactly when you're supposed to start riding horses but they're generally a lot bigger before you even put a saddle on them.

Zebras in general are pretty small. You're not supposed to sit on a horse before it turns 2 at the very youngest because it hasn't finished growing and you could mess up its bones and whatnot. If the zebra is full grown there's not really a problem with a dude sitting on it.

• Locked thread