Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Is that what you're posting?

Official Bizness posted:

I couldn't find ferrets, but

"Hi, we no longer want our senior exotic animals but we do want $100."

:smith: Craigslist pet listings are depressing. Two of my three ferrets came from semi-depressing homes via cl, but I didn't pay a cent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Andrias Scheuchzeri posted:

Nonsense, it's 90% house-trained!

Seriously, I'm liking this plant. It has character. Takes down goats? Very vocal? Good with kids, cats, and larger dogs? How many of you can say that about your houseplants?

I wonder if they'd ship to NY.

It sounds a bit like a chupacabra. Or maybe that's just the goat thing.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Bear Rape posted:

Nothing screams "I AM A PROFESSIONAL" like "GIVE ME A PUREBRED SMALL DOG FOR FREE".

Won't even go into the rest of that and the picture

why did they feel the need to upload that?

"I wanna be a veternarian (sic)"

Good luck with that one, toots.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Bear Rape posted:

Waiting for her to have to dissect a fetal pig and deal with dog poop everywhere. I can just imagine the "You mean I don't just cuddle dogs all day? :saddowns:"

Let's be honest, she would not even get past undergrad pre-reqs.

I always wonder what people think being a vet actually consists of. Because I can remember being 15 and thinking :downs: I WANNA BE A VET BECAUSE I LOVE ANIMALS and then remembering dissection makes me queasy.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Greycious posted:

:psyduck:

Will skin your dog for cheap! Won't bother to groom its head either!

"But that part is hard to do with my $30 one-length clippers from Petco! :saddowns:"

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Bear Rape posted:

Another question: why is every tabby cat on craigslist a "purebred Bengal"

For the same reason every DLH is a "Maine Coon" or every colorpoint cat is a "Siamese." People prefer exotic breeds that sound cool, but they're too stupid too know if they even got the real thing.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

RabbitMage posted:

My cat keeps going missing, but anyone who dares to try and tame is wild heart is the REAL rear end in a top hat!

Yeah, this cat is probably dead, but OMG SOMEONE MUST HAVE STOLEN HIM.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

My parents literally believe that most of the outdoor cats we had growing up that spontaneously disappeared were all, in fact, stolen. Surely, some nice old lady decided to keep them and feed them fresh tuna and caviar on velvet pillows and there is no way that they were actually torn into confetti by foxes or mowed down by cars. :downs:

:qq: SOMEONE STOLE MY MANGY FLEA-RIDDEN PRECIOUS FURBABY THAT LIKES TO SLEEP IN THE STREET

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

wtftastic posted:

:qq: CATS HAVE TO LIVE OUTSIDE THEY CANT LIVE IN THE HOUSE THEY AREN'T REALLY DOMESTICATED :qq:

:qq: KEEPING CATS INDOORS ONLY IS CRUEL THEY NEED TO BE FREE :qq:

That's the one that pisses me off. Keep your cat outside if you want, but my lazy cat is perfectly happy sleeping on the back of the couch rather than under a car or on a dirty tree branch.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Pew! Pew! posted:

Pretty standard "oops babies lol want some?" post. At least until I saw the picture.

I just sold that rat (I work at Petco) last week. Literally last week. It was there because it had a respiratory infection and its owner brought it saying that the Petsmart it was bought from wouldn't take it back for whatever reason. Okay cool we treat it and then a lady comes in asking about him. He's cleared up enough to leave, but I told her, point blank, "this is a male rat, if you put it with a girl you will get babies. Lots of them." I think her eyes glazed over while I was talking to her. Anyway, oops baby Christmas rats! NOT SNAKE FOOD.

:raise: Rat gestation periods aren't very long, but I don't think a week is long enough for her to get knocked up and have a litter of babies. Maybe she was already pregnant, or it's just a really similar looking rat?

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

AnnaBanana posted:

He wants you to his self, he dont wanna share you.

That descriptor sounds like my cat, but the picture says another story. What they're describing is a cat that doesn't like other animals, but my other-animal-hating cat would never cuddle with another cat like that one is.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

wtftastic posted:

What kind of blood should they taste?

Baby, preferably under 6 months. Any older than that and they start to lose that essential taste of helplessness. There are various arguments in favor of particular races/ethnicities, but I won't open up that :can:.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Superconsndar posted:

lol WHY do they always post pics of the dogs tied, WHY.

:gonk: I didn't even notice this until you pointed it out.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Aquatic Giraffe posted:

Don't most shelters hold dogs that were picked up as strays for at least a week before putting them up for adoption? And wouldn't a dog thief keep the dog and not immediately surrender it to a shelter?

Lady is nuts.

Edit:

Looking through my local craigslist, I discovered that "labraheelers" are a thing.

...A thing I want no part in. Giant landsharks!

Many places, the hold is three days. I mean, day one should be calling all the local shelters and vets to let them know your pet's description in case someone brings one in that looks like it, so unless there are extenuating circumstances (out of town and the sitter let the dog out, etc.), that's usually enough.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Ferretinachariot posted:

I'm pretty sure this belongs here. I lost it at breeding females.

All ferrets are illegal in California, fixed or not, male or female. What a dumbass.

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

ButWhatIf posted:

Kind of except past tense. Some species of songbirds were basically wiped out in cities where lazy shits got tired of scooping poop and said "Welp gonna release 'em into the wild."

I've never actually seen this anywhere before. Do you have a source for it? I'd be interested to read it since the reason is always listed as "they could wreck the natural ecosystem/kill native wildlife," but never as it having happened in the past.

Also, it's a stupid reason considering outdoor cats are not illegal and they do real harm to native songbird and small animal populations. v:shobon:v

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Pew! Pew! posted:

There is so much awful here I don't know where to begin.

I want to go get those poor ferrets. :negative:

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Aravenna posted:

Why on earth would someone choose GUINEA PIGS over a ferret?

:hf: No idea. Although people generally want to rehome the "problem pet," I guess. As in, "I've had this dog for 12 years but he doesn't get along with the new dog, so he has to go."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serella
Apr 24, 2008

Black cats for sale! Regular-rear end black cats!

• Locked thread