Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
Ya just can't beat the South for :ohdear:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Your satisfaction is my goal! and your pets safety is my priority,I offer most cuts and shaves. All grooming includes bath,haircut or shave, ear clean,nail trim and dematt if needed. i can also paint nails:) all for $25. no dogs over 40 pounds please.. call,text or email 615-900-6722 "

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All that plus a bald pet with a balloon head for only $25.00? Sure!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Currawong posted:

A mini pig with mini pig papers from mini pig breeder... that can high-five AND has 105 friends on Facebook?! I'm totally sold.

Actually I'm just really confused.

I....I want him. I want the mini-papered-high-fiving-mini-pig. Does that make me a terrible person? :(

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Currawong posted:

Nah, I actually kinda want him, too. He looks like a pretty rad little pig. :3: Oops, I mean mini pig.

Here's one of the lovely nonsense posts that tend to pop up:

What the gently caress is "cux yet" :psyduck:

I was thinking the same thing. :iiam:

Here, have a...what did the posting say?.....oh yeah! Have a "winnie dog."

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
"So Ian rehoming my 7 week olds Chihuahua 1 St generagion puppy's there is a rehoming fee please email me

There's 3 puppy's sorry about the mom being in the picture"

You want to "rehome" 3 puppy's? (sic) Really? With the Mom right there? Hmmmm....sounds more like breeding and selling to me, but what do I know? Someone who uses the english language as well as you do MUST be more knowledgeable than I. :byodood:

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Skizzles posted:

Guys, GUYS. Did you know crossing a blue nose pit and a red nose pit will get you... a ~purple nose pit~?!?!? :smug:

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/pet/3258248497.html

Hey, the ad says to ask for Spaz. Seriously? I wonder, is that the name of the owner or the dog?

Here's the dog in question. With the amount of focus they placed on the nose issue in the ad, one would think they'd want you to have a clear shot of it. Apparently not.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
"We have a short hair ckc male teacup Chihuahua puppy Avaliable. He will be very small and is ready to go to a new home. He is greyvand is the right puppy in the picture. He is $400 and may be open to trades for tools or other Stuff. We are located in Portland mi Please call 516-610-4586 no emails please we do not have internet so they will not be returned."

I assume "he is the right puppy in the picture" means he is the puppy on the right hand side, rather than he is the correct puppy.

Also, trade for tools? What?

As they "don't have internet" (even though they managed to post the picture and the ad) I don't know why they'd prefer tools to the money to get internet. But that's just me.

gently caress! I can't get the picture sized smaller. Arrgghh!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Amberlyn fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Sep 17, 2012

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Skizzles posted:

why does that man have a waddle

Huh? The picture you thought you'd posted didn't post so I don't know what you're referring to.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Skizzles posted:

I left out the picture 'cause it was huge. It's on the previous page.

Oh. Yeah.. That was the one I went batshit trying to reduce the size of, once I'd posted it. It wasn't that big on CL, I swear.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
We have two American Pitbull Terriers that are in need of loving homes! One male is Colby and Gator CKC and APBA registered and is a reverse brindle(black w brown strips). The other is 100% Camelot red nose red and white with ABDA, CKC, and APBA registered. These two dogs are like family to us, we are in a bad situation right now and are having to move and can't keep them. The brindle is named "Rocky", and the red nose is named "Diesel". Both are good with children and female dogs, neither of them are good with male dogs or cats. They will need to be the only male dogs in the household. They have been raised up with my 8 yr. son and 5 yr. daughter. Both have been inside/outside dogs. House trained, crate trained, and kennel trained(as to not to dig etc.). The brindle is 5yr and the red nose is 3yr. Both are great dogs, would be awesome guard dogs, house pets, or show dogs. We have shown both dogs and they do really well at VSBA shows. If your interested and wanting more information please contact 615-979-8631/615-512-1274 for more detail and pictures via text message. Thank you looking! Also there is a rehoming fee, dogs will come with crate(if needing), collar, food bowls and water buckets! We are also asking that whoever decides to give them a great home to keep in touch with us from time to time and send pictures. These dogs as I said before were my children's and they are heartbroken and don't understand why we can't take them with us. But due to their breed the laws are strict and we can't have this type of breed in a townhouse:( In case your wondering also what has happened, my husband lost his job and I have had cancer and we have large medical bills and due to this we can't afford the house we were in. We were living on a farm with 6 acres of land:(

I don't even know what this means! What's a "Colby and Gator CKC" and a "Camelot?" I kind of feel sorry for these folks given their current circumstances (if they're true) but at the same time the thing just feels off to me.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Superconsndar posted:

Bloodlines are thrown around more casually in descriptions of APBTs than they are in most other breeds because there's so much type variation that "APBT" could mean anything in the world and you can't even begin to have any idea what kind of dog it is if you don't at least have some idea of the lines it is out of.

Ok thanks for this. I really didn't get the reason for the descriptors (Colby and Gator, and then Camelot red nose) they used, and that's what felt off to me. I've just never heard this kind of thing when referring to any other breed.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
OK so which is it? You're fostering him, or he's actually yours and you just don't want him anymore? Sounds like you got him for a pet, decided you didn't like him, so you're trying to ingratiate yourself and not get flagged by saying he's a foster.

Also, I'm going to completely ignore the "chiweenie" thing.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Scenty posted:

When I worked at petsmart somebody abandoned a yorkie in the parking lot. I know I couldnt keep her long term but I took her home, worked with her on some basic training and socializing, and then adopted her out. Maybe it's a similar thing? I try to think people are good.

I used to try to think people were good. And honestly, I still do most of the time. But when it comes to people's interactions of and dealing with animals, I've become pretty cynical and jaded. More often than not when it's to do with animals, in my experience anyway, the worst case scenario is usually the true one. So many people just seem to think an animal has no feelings, or feels no pain, or doesn't suffer the consequences of its owners stupidity and ignorance, because it's just some dumb animal or something.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
I really, seriously don't know what to make of this. What do you think?

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

cryingscarf posted:

Translation: "We are sick of our old dog with his old dog problems. Someone else deal with it"

Just euthanize the poor thing at this point :(

I wonder though, if it's more that they can't bear to deal with seeing him die...whether it's putting him down or having him die naturally...and so they want to pass him on to someone who will see that through while they keep hold of the good memories only.

This occurred to me only because my sister, whose faithful companion for 15 years was a tiny little Yorkie. She had to move out of state, and took that opportunity to leave the dog with her adult daughter who tended to him till he had to be put down several years later. It was, on my sister's part, her recognition that she wasn't sure she'd have the courage to put him down when he was at that point, whereas her daughter would, and also just wanting to go on kidding herself that her dog was alive long past the point where it was possible.

I'm not saying it's right, or appropriate, or whatever else. Just that some people are like this.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
What's a "dotson?" Some kind of dog, obviously, but what breed are they talking about?

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Valdara posted:

I don't even know what's going on here.

bully make puppy shark bully

Bully short big head. A new breed.

:barf:

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Seriously? :supaburn:

I guess there could be a beautiful sadness to the imagery, but still, it disturbs me out the same way that the folks here in the South take photos of their dearly departed loved ones in their coffins. It's a regional thing I guess, a mark of respect even, but something that shocked the poo poo out of me when I moved here. I've never gotten used to it. Thankfully I haven't had to attend many funerals.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
"They can be either inside or outside dogs as long as they have a little house and enough water and food."

I don't even want to think about someone taking these little rat dogs then keeping them outside 24/7. :(

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
This ^^ makes me so angry, and sad, and I don't know what the point is either. Why even bother? :(

And so it begins:

There are several ads already having shown up for "Easter" bunnies, rats and guinea pigs on my local craigslist. You can bet there will be more. And then not too long after Easter, even more ads looking to rehome one or more bunnies, rats or guinea pigs because whatever. :argh:

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

platedlizard posted:

What the hell is a mirco-cat and why would you want to sedate one?

I assume you mean a micro-cat?

Google tells me it's just a kitten. I guess the person in downtown PDX doesn't realize that a micro-cat will just grow up to be a normal-cat.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

Silly Hippie posted:

"Miracle" chihuahua/pit mixes.

Wait. Pit bull and teacup (even though there's no such category) chihuahua mix? That has got to be one of the most irresponsible things I've ever heard of. The mating and/or the birth of the puppies could easily have killed the bitch AND the pups. WTF?

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

How does someone just "not notice" that their dog is gone? I realize it's a chihuahua, so it's small, but I have ridiculously tiny chihuahuas too, and there's just NO way I could fail to notice if one just somehow wasn't there after a few minutes. It looks about 1 1/2 hours went by at minimum before this person realized their dog was gone...it may have been longer. The way they are describing the event makes it difficult to know exactly what happened, when.

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010

TVs Ian posted:

Lucy and Quinn (who is not a tinydog) routinely take long naps in other parts of the house. Typically Quinn spends two or three hours sleeping on our bed while the rest of the dogs are in the living room with us.

Nori is a nice, independent dog. Aside from the Pyr, he is the only dog we've ever had that liked to just go hang out in the yard by himself for lengths of time. It isn't at all uncommon for any of the three to be MIA on any given day.

Well, maybe I'm just paranoid then.

Whenever my housemate or I go through the front door, or any of the kids come to visit, iow whenever there's any traffic in and out of the house, I am acutely aware of where the dogs are. It's unlikely they'd make a run for it and they do respond to "Wait!" but I'm still very vigilant. I guess, too, because I tend to close all the doors leading to the bedrooms so they're just running around the main part of the house (and it's a small house) it's easier to keep track of where they are and to actually be able to SEE them with little effort.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amberlyn
Jan 5, 2010
"Shitzu chiw. Mix. Not fond on small children." <sigh>

That face!

• Locked thread