Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

They're very good and intelligent, these tapa-boys...
Yeah, every time I think there should be a thread about Craigslist pet insanity I start looking for examples and get horribly depressed about all the parrots. And the puppies. And the cats and the sugar gliders and the snakes and the turtles and...yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

I don't think I've ever heard the "new baby, no time" excuse used for one lone fish.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

:catstare:

It goes on. Eventually there are pictures of dogs. And a jacuzzi. And a kitchen. And a baby swing. And a person. If you really want I can get the whole text but I haven't managed to read it yet.

The title, of course, is "Don't believe the lies......"

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Superconsndar posted:

A Bait Dog For Your Pit Bulls.

*lhasa apso*

There was a lot about PITBULLS. There are PITBULLS everywhere just ravening for her puppies; also pitbuls. "my puppies are not going to end up being a snack for their pitbuls. She called me and screamed that it was "discrimination", call it whatever you want, but they are MY puppies and I can do whatever I please with them. I can pick and choose who gets the puppies. I am free to do what I wish, I only sell them to upscale and middle class homes, none of which contain pitbulls. I am selling one to a wonderful woman who owns an English Bulldog, but she has him well-trained and he is a gentle giant"

"that is not the purpose of me breeding these puppies I do it to provide good families quality puppies for their Kid's first puppy, or Christmas puppies or birthday puppies or whatever the occassion."

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Puppies for "whatever the occassion," too! It's like Hallmark. Condolence puppies, belated birthday puppies, retirement puppies, get well soon puppies, world's best grandma puppies, save the date puppies....

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

I'm content to believe that it really is a giant flowering plant.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Nonsense, it's 90% house-trained!

Seriously, I'm liking this plant. It has character. Takes down goats? Very vocal? Good with kids, cats, and larger dogs? How many of you can say that about your houseplants?

I wonder if they'd ship to NY.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

I'm thinking something with kind of a Motown sound. Just make sure there's a love interest.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

English bulldogs and other dogs with that really wide stance look so goddamn uncomfortable, with the legs so far out from center. I wish I could come up with some really good front-view skeleton pictures to compare a "wide" dog with a "normal" dog, and I'm not sure how you can distinguish between actual skeletal structure and the mounting technique of the person who assembled it. It's actually something I've been spergy-curious about for a long time. :downs:

Anyway, 1920s bulldog and basset hound skeletons:

Do they get hosed-up joint issues from that structure?

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Hey, that's great, Pew! Pew!

From the department of gently caress You, Craigslist Person:

No no, I'm not a breeder! posted:

It is with great regret that we need to re-home our beautiful Solomon Island Eclectus pair - "Dudley" & "Lola". They are wonderful pets - Dudley is a great talker too - Lola not so much...lol They love each other dearly - so I do not want to seperate them. Eclectus are very different from other parrots - so I would love them to go to someone who is already familiar with the breed and their dietary needs. They eat a lot of fruits, veggies & sprouts and just about anything else you eat! They have bred successfully several times - I do not promote them breeding - they just do it on their own! Lola is very handlable - Dudley can be - he is also very protective of Lola - so never trust him 100% lol Pairs of Eclectus sell for over $3000 - we are only asking $1500 because I want someone who has wanted these feather babies in their lives to afford them & still be able to spoil them rotten! If you are that someone - please contact us at -------. Thank you

"We want the very best for our beloved feather babies...and you better not offer less than $1500. Have we mentioned that they're a successful breeding pair? Not that we're selling them as such or anything."

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

People breed and sell "wolf hybrids" all the time. I mean, some of them actually are wold hybrids, but...

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Wonder Bra posted:

Penisland indeed.

Gaahhh, I didn't see it until you pointed it out. THANKS, man.

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Oh, I think it's terrible enough!

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

This was some family event!

Andrias Scheuchzeri fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Nov 15, 2012

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Atma McCuddles posted:

Oh, and in other depressing news, lots of listings are getting "Perfect for Christmas" thrown into the title. :(

Yeah, there's a listing for Christmas Puppies on my local Craigslist. They are "the cutiest."

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Oh hey, want this dog?

Wait, picture's a little dark, here's a better one:

Hmmmmm.

(It's supposed to be a red Miniature Pinscher. Could be!)

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

He's the puppy that will die long before he reaches maturity stay a puppy!

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Thousand-yard stare:

Hopefully if someone is willing to shell out the small $150 adoption fee, they'll be willing to shell out for a groomer. :smith:

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

That is certainly the first person I'd go to if I wanted to rehome small mammals, yes. Or for the boarding he advertises. I'm sure he never gets mixed up about which rats go to the snakes...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrias Scheuchzeri
Mar 6, 2010

Craigslist: now with vocabulary by e e cummings.

• Locked thread