Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Ah, "micro pigs". I've seen those a ton on CL here. :allears:

This is definitely the thread for me, here's 2 I found today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

There are sometimes the occasional CL ad that makes me smile because they have good intentions, but then I feel bad sometimes because I doubt the people getting them off CL will.
Like this for example:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Micro mini teacup pocket animals. Cute and in no way damaged when you accidentally step on them at 4am on your way to the bathroom! Also would they be classified as heel-biters? They can't even reach ankles, right?

Does this setup scream "puppy mill" to anyone else?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I'd run away if my name were ARIREEEEEEEEE too.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Reminds me of that thread where someone spilled manic panic dye on their dog. I don't remember where/when that was, though. Glad it ended well for that dog. :3:

It's illegal to sell box turtles in my state.
Never stops anyone.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I almost went on a rescue mission last night to save this dog on CL:

even though that's a 3 hour drive. That dog is just so sick and pathetic looking. :( I wanted to take it in for a day and then take it to the humane society, but there wasn't enough gas/gas money to do so.
So instead I called a friend of mine in that area and he said he had already called animal control about that exact ad (apparently they posted it on 2 different CLs).

It's kind of depressing and awful even for CL. Looks like (according to the picture) they only fed her milk bones too. Ugh.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

That dog has the best ears. If they don't want it, I'll take it. :colbert:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I told my mom I was totally going to buy her a "get well soon" puppy and she told me that she was never going to recover if I did. Jeez, way to hate on my generosity, mom.

That being said, I found an ad and highlighted my favorite parts!

e: tables

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Well he sounds like a fairly friendly hippo even so! What a steal. :v:

e: also do yourselves a favor and don't search "APBT" on GIS.

Hardwood Floor fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Aug 28, 2012

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

cryingscarf posted:

This ad just stood out among the rest. The uncommon dog breed and the refusal to show pictures is kind of suspicious. Oh, and the fact that they only posted it today and they NEED this dog gone by tomorrow.

Edit: just watched the dogs 101 thing on this breed and they claim that this breed is thought to only have about 1000 dogs in the world. Why would one be in the middle of southern VA in this situation? I am calling BS on this ad at this point! (at least, I am hoping it is!)

Maybe it's just a big Chinese Crested? Or a dog with mange. CL is pretty dumb when it comes to getting breeds right, so that wouldn't surprise me.

e: Plus people like saying their dog is a OMG SO RARE breed so that too.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Nothing screams "I AM A PROFESSIONAL" like "GIVE ME A PUREBRED SMALL DOG FOR FREE".

Won't even go into the rest of that and the picture

why did they feel the need to upload that?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Serella posted:

"I wanna be a veternarian (sic)"

Good luck with that one, toots.

Waiting for her to have to dissect a fetal pig and deal with dog poop everywhere. I can just imagine the "You mean I don't just cuddle dogs all day? :saddowns:"

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

What's up with people on craigslist bringing personal drama to the pet listings? I recently got into an argument with someone on there but I never posted directly onto the board. On the other hand it's pretty cool when it reveals some hosed up things going on in supposedly "professional" settings.

Another question: why is every tabby cat on craigslist a "purebred Bengal"

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Pit bull = kitten! :downs:

Can someone decipher this for me?

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I had no idea what it meant so thanks for clearing that up.

There's been someone on my local CL who has rehomed at least 5 different rabbits and keeps seeking more. Ugh.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

That just screams rabbit milling operation. Which sucks because 1. rabbits are so nervous that putting a bunch in a hutch will make them go insane and 2. rabbits are not good "kid pets" and that's usually why people buy them in the first place. :( I can just imagine a little girl trying to introduce two rabbits and getting torn up in the process.

Question about craigslist stuff: who do you report obviously illegal animal things to on there? Someone on my local CL keeps reposting ads for selling baby box turtles and some other animals that are illegal to sell or posses in the state of SC unless you're an educational institution.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Good news related to this thread, guys. With the information I helped provide, Fish and Wildlife services are gonna be busting an illegal poaching operation on craigslist that involves endangered turtle species! :toot:

No reward offered, but well worth it imo. If you see some obviously illegal stuff (like selling animals that are restricted in your state) going on, report it to this place: http://www.fws.gov/

I'm not sure what the European equivalent is, though.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Unfortunately titled ads are the best ads.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Pretty standard "oops babies lol want some?" post. At least until I saw the picture.

I just sold that rat (I work at Petco) last week. Literally last week. It was there because it had a respiratory infection and its owner brought it saying that the Petsmart it was bought from wouldn't take it back for whatever reason. Okay cool we treat it and then a lady comes in asking about him. He's cleared up enough to leave, but I told her, point blank, "this is a male rat, if you put it with a girl you will get babies. Lots of them." I think her eyes glazed over while I was talking to her. Anyway, oops baby Christmas rats! NOT SNAKE FOOD.

e: Being dumb, probably was pregnant rat beforehand but I know that rat caused a spaz.
Also wtf does that mean they were housing a female rat with multiple males and didn't know which was the father? :psyduck:

Hardwood Floor fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Oct 30, 2012

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Serella posted:

:raise: Rat gestation periods aren't very long, but I don't think a week is long enough for her to get knocked up and have a litter of babies. Maybe she was already pregnant, or it's just a really similar looking rat?

Pic is the same rat I was spazzing in a completely different direction whoops (had same phone number). I'mmmm gonna guess was pregnant before and she attributed the litter to this male.

Idk I was too upset to think rationally when I saw it because ARE RAT.

Edited post for clarity because slow down me

Hardwood Floor fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Oct 30, 2012

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I think I just found the perfect Christmas gift!

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Help my dog who was outside (here is a picture of it outside) disappeared somehow also it's a Bichon!! They look like other small white dogs!

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

There's also bobcats, feral large dogs, and people literally plucking animals out of other people's yards to worry about here. It's safer to just have smaller dogs on a leash when you take them outside, that's for sure.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Hermit crabs are my favorite reptiles. :allears:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

The rare black and tan Wolf hybrid.
ninja edit: Also 7 weeks old is totally old enough for rehoming!

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I apologize for the double post, but I wanted to share these lovebirds being accosted by a giant ghostly head.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

The ball pythons. The 5 or so ball pythons kept in the same container and one with so much stuck shed, gently caress. :negative: And the rats, too. Everything is bad.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

There is so much awful here I don't know where to begin.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Is it puppy mill season or something? I've flagged at least twenty ads today of people selling BYB puppies. Because "available in two weeks taking deposits now" definitely makes me think of rehoming and adoption.

I saved this one just for Super!

Here's the picture included of the mother. :gonk:

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Guinea pigs don't try to eat my other pets :qq:

Here's a reptile ad with a very depressing attached picture.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Unfortunately couldn't get a shot of this whole ad, but managed to save the picture.

Gist of the ad: $600 RAZORS EDGE x GOTTI BLOODLINE PITS

This is a fine specimen of dogdom, yes. We need to make more of this.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

It's a Rorschach test of dog.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I'm not bothering to flag this because I have no sympathy for anyone who willingly would purchase a snapping turtle

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

A tortoise being sold as an RES.

I can't really describe the amount of anger I feel

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

There's a thing called the American dingo (which is basically a kind of feral dog), but they look nothing like that. :psyduck: how bizarre.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I'm just on a roll discovering horrible things today.

"Yeah it's an alright bird I guess but it can't hold water".

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

The dogs resulting from this mix will be crazy as gently caress.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

I didn't cap it, but someone linked me a CL FREE KITTENS ad. They were being kept in a fish tank.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

It looks like an old golden retriever that went through the wash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

Saw this unfortunate thing in a craigslist ad today.

It's a shar pei x basset hound.

• Locked thread