Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Helushune
Oct 5, 2011

The Seattle CL listings seem to be it's own special beast. I haven't taken much look at the dog listings but the cat ones are generally consistently insane.

1. No one knows how to identify their cat's breed correctly. Apparently every tabby is a purebred bengal or a "bengal mix", every long haired cat is a Maine Coon, every medium haired cat is a purebred Ragdoll, and kittens are all "siamese mix" because they have blue eyes.
2. Seattle and everywhere north of Seattle will charge an "adoption fee" of anywhere from $40 - $200 for a cat or kitten (dogs apparently start at $200 and go up from there). The norm that I've seen is $80 for kittens who aren't litter box trained and have never been to the vet. You will also constantly see "I found a cat in my barn that had kittens so I'm putting them up for a $60 adoption fee each" or someone who obviously found a cat that's part of a feral colony trying to get a $100 re-homing fee out of them.
3. A lot of people have no sense of acceptable boundaries. I've talked to several people who want me to allow them to come over to my house at any time to check up on the cat they're trying to give away.
4. People get in to the most ridiculous internet fights about how people are trying to rip others off. Stuff like this:

constantly. It'll sprawl in to some huge argument that will probably last several days.
5. And then there's the usual listings where you need to decypher what the person is trying to say and wonder how they can't even spell the town they live in correctly.

"she will need to get used to kids and dogs but love being all them, just maybe not under 2 years olds". :psyduck:

Helushune fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 21, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread