Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
On my local Craigslist right now:

1. A free miniature horse, no rehoming fee. I'm pretty sure I should get him just because he's probably the same size as Quaffle and what could be better than walking a matching pair of dog and pony?

2. Someone looking to buy either a miniature dachshund or a klee kai. Because these are totally the same type of dog and suitable for the same situations.

3. Multiple people looking to swap their video game systems for various types of animals. The latest one wanted to trade for a snake. Those get removed pretty fast though.

4. "I am wanting to get my daughter a small dog because we acedently got rid of Her old puppy most I'll pay is 150$ must be a puppy the oldest is one year old so really need one by this weekend"

...I don't even know where to begin with that last one.

Also someone has a bloodhound named Ellie Mae they're looking to rehome because they've been forced to move somewhere where they can't have dogs that big inside and they don't think it's fair to her to leave her outside all the time. They're trying to find a really good home for her because their fourteen year old is devastated. WHYYYY IS CRAIGSLIST SO SAD I would totally let Ellie Mae come live with me and I'd e-mail the kid weekly with pictures oh god I'm going to turn into an animal hoarder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
There is a "morkie" and a "yorktese" on my local Craigslist right now. What are these, maltese x yorkie crosses? I'm not sure which name is worse.

Also some "shar-pit" puppies, and for some reason a bunch of people with "wolf hybrids" that are clearly just shepherd/husky/malamute mixes. One is a "timber wolf/husky" mix that is pretty obviously a pit/husky mix. There is nothing remotely wolfy about any of them other than that they are dogs.

Also someone wants to get rid of this dog. Why.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

mombot posted:

Is that Gary? :ohdear: Seriously, where is that? I would totally go get him

Athens, Alabama. Here's the listing:
http://huntsville.craigslist.org/pet/3202859395.html

While you're at it, stop by Huntsville and pick up Wall-E here from Animal Services:

Seriously, is there someone around here breeding little dogs with wonky ears?

Edit: In between this post and my last one, yet another person posted about wanting a wolf hybrid. "Must be good with dogs and cats" and also they don't want to spend more than $50. If I didn't think that would just lead to bad things, I'd start claiming that Quaffle was a wolf/lab mix or something just to hear the reactions from people.

Aravenna fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 28, 2012

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
STRONG MANLY MEN ONLY

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
"I've got two male mountain curs. Will run coons with other dogs. And will bay caged coon. They kill oppossums all the time. They're forsale or trade for beagles, shock collars, dog boxes, costa sunglasses, ect. They'd also make some fine squirrel dogs I just ain't got the time to give em."

sunglasses, shock collars, whatever

Then someone found this dog:

And then there's this thing:

"Hates cats.....other than that great!"

I want to know what specifically is going on inside that dog that causes his chest to be so much wider than his shoulders. I want to see x-rays or something.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
Yeah, but is it muscle? Fat? What substance is filling the chest of dogs like that? And how does it compare to the corresponding tissue in a normal dog, I want to know.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

quote:

i have a 6 week old mixed puppy hes shitzu and unknown. he is a little sweet heart we havent had him very long but we have been working on his puppy pad training and hes doing very well. i just am not home enough to give him the attention he deserves. he loves every 1 and loves my daughter who is 15 months old i got him for her i just didnt think it all the way through shes 2 young and i work 2 much and it breaks my heart that he doesnt have some one with him all day :-( im asking 75 he comes with food, puppy pads, bed and toys and his food bowls dog house and all things needed if you want 2 give him a good home that he deserves contact me through email and we will go from there here is a couple pics and they dont do him justice hes a cute sweet baby!!

Whenever I read one of these I really, really want to e-mail the person and ask exactly how long is "not very long". Tuesday?

Yep, let's get a puppy too young to leave its mother, give it to my daughter who is not even a year and a half old, then leave it alone all day. What, you mean I should think this through? Nah, what could go wrong?

I like ads like these, however:

quote:

2 fullblooded male 2year old Mnt Curs. theyve been used mainly on coon and opossum,but could be used for squirrels and hogs to. Theyll run with other dogs and will bark a caged coon, and have treed and killed opossums. Theyll run and tree hides and dummies,and will tree a squirrel hide also. Theyre priced at $125 each , $150 for both. All trades are considered, but id like to trade for other dogs, coonhounds or beagles.

Just think how happy all them dawgs are. :)

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
My local Craigslist has someone looking to trade a pair of coonhound puppies for a washer and dryer, and someone else wants to trade his Samsung Galaxy Note for a ball python. Oh Alabama...

For Super, there is a pit named Ma'am. :3:

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
Among the usual mix of full litters of puppies and WOLF HYBRIDS!!1! I found an ad stating "Has to go in two hours!".

Two. Hours.

Uh huh.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
Why on earth would someone choose GUINEA PIGS over a ferret?

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

Craigslist posted:

We recently adopted this little girl (lab mix puppy) without knowing how much attention she really needs. Shes about the same age as our daughter... 6 weeks. So, we have our hands full already. She's really sweet. Kind of skittish but she was like that when we brought her home.

I'm guessing the dog and the baby were born on the same day and they thought this was cute? Or something? But by the time the dog was old enough to leave its mother (not that it is now, either) wouldn't they have already realized the newborn was a lot of work? I really wish I knew the thought process of people like this.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

Craigslist posted:

6 week old blue tick coon hound

I got a blue tick coon hound as a fathers day gift for my husband and I am looking to find him a new home. I don't know much about these types of dogs and apparently Mehta he wanted was a bloodhound. This lil boy has a dad that was a three time Champion (forgive me for not remembering exactly what the man told me about these) he has puppy papers that are on their way to me and can be passed on to you. He is absolutely adorable and will make a fantastic pet or hunting dog, I would love to keep him but I am going to try and get my husband a bloodhound since that is what he wants. I am asking a rehoming fee seeing as he was quite expensive coming from the bloodline he has and such.

Eh coonhound, bloodhound, they're all the same so easy to get them mixed up! I love that she had no idea what he actually wanted or anything about dog breeds at all apparently, but was still willing to shell out a lot of money for random puppy.

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK
Is that a spool of thread on an electrical cord?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aravenna
Jun 9, 2002

DOOK

Craigslist Moron posted:

I have 2 wolf mountain cur puppies to rehome. They are 6 weeks old. One male, one female. The father was a grey wolf who was 140 pounds. The mother was a friend of mines mountain cur. She is about 95 pounds. Bought them for $200 each rehoming fee is the same. There not like owning a dog. Do your research before committing to owning a wolf mix. Please be seriouse. They need good homes. Moved into town and cant have them in city limits. If interested send me an email with you number and we will go from there. Can send more pictues upon request.

"Please be seriouse" because he certainly was when he bred his dog to a wolf. Or a "wolf", who knows. Also why is the cur 95 pounds, I mean they don't have a standard but I'm pretty sure that's a LOOOOOT on the large side?

Also someone else has lost a baby goat and it's so cold out. :ohdear:

• Locked thread