Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Smoothing the Ice on Europa since 1997!
I've got my tickets for Nickel Creek w/ Secret Sisters in Denver on May 13th. I was lucky enough to see Nickel Creek twice (once in 2000 at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival, once on their Farewell For Now Tour in 2007) and I'm really excited to see them back together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Bonzo posted:

If anyone is interested, Jason Isbell will be on Marc Maron's WTF podcast tomorrow and Patterson Hood will be on Friday.
http://www.wtfpod.com/

Jason Isbell is loving amazing. "Southeastern" is one of the best albums I've heard in a long time.

The new Nickel Creek came out today. I've listened to it three times today. It's loving aces. Some of their absolute best work. Can't wait to see them in concert next month.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Seeing Nickel Creek and The Secret Sisters in concert tonight. I'm so excited that I might pee.

Wait... Too late.

This'll be my third time seeing Nickel Creek. Last time was on their Farewell (for now) tour. First time was nearly 14 years ago at the Telluride Bluegrass Festival.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Nickel Creek show review:

Wowee wowee wow wow holy loving poo poo goddamn. Also, this was Nickel Creek's first-ever arena show, which is cool in and of itself.

At the end, my dad (who is a veteran of more and better concerts than anyone I know) turned to me and said "If that's the last show I ever see, at least I'll have saved the best for last." I couldn't agree more.

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

Jeezus, the new Jason Isbell album is so loving good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstroZamboni
Mar 8, 2007

He's a fun presence on Twitter too. Last year I wound up having a half hour conversation with him on Twitter over how great the band Calexico is.

Also, if you don't listen to Calexico, shame on you.