Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012
I loving love this thread. I love all of you.

My personal favorite find is The Builders and the Butchers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vL2oR_S9S00

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr_bunnyfish
Feb 6, 2012

ColonelJohnMatrix posted:

Despite loving blues and some old outlaw country stuff I never really got the whole "alt country/country rock" thing. I recently started a new job somewhere and my boss got me into Drive By Truckers by giving me a few albums (Southern Rock Opera and Dirty South). This is now my new favorite band. I love how they are basically a mix of classic outlaw country with a southern rock flair and the downtuned guitars add a real grittiness to the twang.

I could listen to Mike Cooley play that rickety rear end guitar all day. I haven't been this into a band in forever.

I love these guys a whole bunch. Check out Pizza Deliverance too, it contains one of my favorite Mike Cooley songs titled One Of These Days. I hope by some grace of God that Isbell comes back.