Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I'm at night one of Greensky Bluegrass's annual post-Thanksgiving home stand at the Kalamazoo State Theatre (always raging shows and a hell of a good time), and they just did a cover of The Chain that blew me away. Out of all the jamband influenced bluegrass acts out there, Greensky is IMO the best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

Jealous you’re seeing them, I’ve been wanting to for a while since they got big and polished.

I'm super spoiled when it comes to Greensky. I was only able to see them twice this year, and that's down for me, but that's what the nugs.net subscription is for.

There were a couple tapers at the show last night if you don't do the nugs.net thing.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

The new Greensky Bluegrass album is out today. It's pretty good even if the title track All For Money is a little too self-congratulatory and there isn't any song that grabs me like Windshield does.

Also they're putting on a free stream of tonight's concert in St. Louis.
https://twitter.com/campgreensky/status/1086050706363019264

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

After seeing him open for Greensky the past two nights, I can say pretty safely that Billy Strings is good y'all.

ps jeeeeeeesus that was a show, Greensky played one continuous set for their winter tour closer with members of the Billy Strings band subbing in to give the Greensky guys a breather. Near as makes no difference three straight hours. Re-loving-diculous

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Feb 10, 2019

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I've been listening to that show on nugs.net and the Ramble On cover in the first set is going to stick in my head for a good long while.

Fun spin on the admittedly tired Halloween costume concert concept

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Elephunk posted:

I am very excited for a Rassle Rumblemania in Van Andel Arena tonight!!

Lmao, I need the whole Aud of this show Nugs, get cracking.