Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Mexcillent posted:

Real great. I saw them for my birthday this year and they played their ASSES off. I was scared I'd be bored but they were great.

Lucero is amazing! I've seen them 5 times, and they always come up on stage and just play the poo poo out of everything they've got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I'm going to recommend one of my new favorite bands, The Beef Seeds. They're a British folk band that do covers. A. British. Folk. Band. And they're awesome, and talented, and super fun!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scj1fIpIvjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUaXVW9a-wQ

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

MourningView posted:

I've seen them when Ben got too drunk and couldn't remember a bunch of his songs but even that's pretty fun in its own way.

Haha, yeah! I work with a woman who is super good friends with them. They used to crash on her living room floor after gigs when they were started. Next time they come into town, I totally get to go backstage!

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Blast Fantasto posted:

This is a good list, just let me add:

- Willie Nelson (check out Phases and Stages)
- Gram Parsons (especially the Byrds' Sweetheart of the Rodeo)
- Jerry Jeff Walker

And I'd add Trampled By Turtles, as well.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

RedneckwithGuns posted:

Since they're apparently touring the entire length of Tennessee here in two weeks, I guess I should ask the thread: is it worth going to see The Avett Brothers live? I'm a fan of their older music especially but I'd still have a good time unless it's literally just material from their last two albums.

I'm in the exact same boat as you. I remember seeing them 12 years ago in tiny little jam packed venues for $15. Now it seems like tickets are $40 minimum.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

I was super excited that Avett Brothers and Jason Isbell were coming to Kentucky. Then I found out they're in one of the shittiest concert venues I've ever been to, Rupp Arena in Lexington. And tickets are $60 apiece.

I'm really glad they've found success, but goddamn. I remember years ago when people had no idea who they were and I could get into a show in some tiny assed venue packed to capacity and see them play for $10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Bonzo posted:

Rupp Arena has horrible, horrible sound.

Absolutely god loving awful. I wish they would quit trying to push it as a live music venue, because it's totally unsuited for it.

I do love when the Avetts cone to Louisville and play the Palace, though. It's always a good time.