Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

"Love us with money or we'll hate you with hammers!"
Just found out the Travelin' McCourys are coming to town in April and playing a tiny club with about 150 seats. Just grabbed 4 tickets to give me and some friends a table to ourselves. Also have Billy Strings tickets for about a week before that for my first time seeing him live. Love having some good shows to look forward to!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Burning Rain posted:

I've been putting together a cosmic/psychedelic americana playlist over the last couple of years that some people have liked so I thought I'd post it here as well: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1hx23ul5aMql8u3Qm2QJHa?si=26525475fcdd47e8

It's mostly mellow country music-influenced tunes, a lot of slide guitar and such. And a lot of artists to explore further if you like a particular track (I tried to only have one song by each artist)

Thanks for sharing, listened to this driving around for work yesterday.

Saw the Travelin' McCourys last night at a tiny little venue. I've only seen them before at big festivals, watching them in the intimate setting was just incredible. Top notch musicians and they are just so tight together. Ronnie switched from mandolin to electric ukulele at the end of the set and was just doing crazy things with it.

Also, their fiddler Jason Carter has his own album that just came out that's pretty great

https://open.spotify.com/album/5yOTfK6PchJ1n5Qmn0iSJ1

Saw Billy Strings last week which was also amazing, just wish they had played a better venue than the local college's basketball arena.

Final Blog Entry fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Apr 28, 2023

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

This is excellent, I'll be checking out more of this guy

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Bald Stalin posted:

What are some of the most class conscious, working class songs, in country n folk?

https://youtu.be/1XKMwWZVpPE

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Pre-ordered this when it was announced a while back and it came in today. Neat!

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Just bought my ticket for Suwannee Spring Reunion at the gorgeous Spirit of Suwannee Music Park. My wife didn't even give me a hard time or try to talk me out of it! Tried to wrangle some friends to come but we're all olds with kids so looks like I'm flying solo.

Got some disappointment when the schedule released since I can't get up there until Friday morning and can't stick around all day Sunday. Gonna miss Keller Williams Pettygrass as well as The Grass is Dead.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I hope you get to see Peter Rowan. I haven't had a chance to see him since he toured with Hot Buttered Rum about 15 years ago.

Yup, he's got two sets Saturday I'll catch, and another Sunday afternoon I'll miss. Railroad Earth is playing both Friday and Saturday nights, and I'm very much looking forward to Sam Bush. It's going to be a great weekend of camping and music

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Checking in from Suwannee Spring Reunion.

Sam Bush killed it last night. Verlon Thompson and Shawn Camp did a great set of Guy Clark songs yesterday. Fireside Collective is a lot of fun. Railroad Earth last night and again tonight. Verlon Thompson and Jim Lauderdale did a set this morning where they spent as much time bullshitting and telling stories as they did playing. Peter Rowan in a couple hours and then again this evening.

It's a beautiful thing

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Not super jammy but they played late and I bailed a bit early so maybe they opened it up at the end. They're earlier tonight so I'll catch the whole set today.

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Listened to ABB Filmore East 1971 this morning in his honor, and a little Great Southern this afternoon while I was driving.

Got to see Dickey live twice, both around 12-15 years ago if I had to guess. He was great the first time, second time I think he was a bit too drunk lol

Final Blog Entry fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Apr 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Blog Entry
Jun 23, 2006

Jealous you got to see him with ABB, that's awesome