Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homullus
Mar 27, 2009

alg posted:

Sure you could. But that would be incredibly tedious.

Probably better would be getting a hold of the old beta set, which had stickers for the dice. Buy blank dice, apply stickers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winson_Paine
Oct 27, 2000

Wait, something is wrong.

Traveller posted:

So I see the dice are d6s, d8s and d12s with funky symbols on them. Couldn't you write a simple table to allow game to proceed with regular dice, i.e. for ability dice, you would have something like "1 - nothing, 2-3 one success, 4-5 one advantage, 6 two successes, 7 two advantages, 8 one success and one advantage"? Agree on something like that and you could play by post, IRC or what have you.

This exists, it is just rear end backwards and tedious in process.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

homullus posted:

Probably better would be getting a hold of the old beta set, which had stickers for the dice. Buy blank dice, apply stickers.

Or just buy blank dice and use a sharpie. Has anyone played this yet? How is it? I saw the PA post and got excited enough to look into it.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
My Beginner Box just arrived last night and I'm making plans to get my gaming group to give it a run in a week or two.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I really hope that Roll20.net allows for custom dice, its an awesome platform for doing online pnp RPGs and I am a huge fan of Star Wars.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
So, were there any changes between the Beta and the release in the Beginners Box? I haven't gotten my copy yet.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

There's been a ton of changes. I don't have the link off-hand, but you can go look at the beta errata document to see them all.

I'm not sure how much of it applies to the beginner box, since I believe (I only have the beta) it doesn't have the full character creation rules, but I remember reading that the stuff that falls under general systems changes made it into that printing.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Though I have not played it, for what its worth, those 3 books do some what line up with the movies. First movie didn't really have soldiers and Luke wasn't a full on jedi, he was just a farm boy with 1 or 2 talents. The second movie is where you see actual war battles, and the third movie has Luke as a proper jedi.

TookyG
Dec 18, 2012

I guess I just picked a whole bouquet of oopsy daisies.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Or just buy blank dice and use a sharpie. Has anyone played this yet? How is it? I saw the PA post and got excited enough to look into it.

I played it for the first time Friday evening. The dice mechanic is very easy to grasp and it's surprisingly quick to judge success/failure advantage/disadvantage. (I fell in love with the dice mechanic instantly. It's great for narrating events.) Sometimes coming up with a relevant advantage after failing a roll was awkward for the GM but I believe that as players and GMs get accustomed to it, it will come naturally. The adventure itself (and frankly, the entire box) was meant for people new to RPGs--beginners, one could even say--but was still enjoyable for seasoned veterans.

All in all, I'm anticipating getting into the downloadable adventure for our next session!

this troper
Apr 4, 2011

:o
Some of the easier things to do with getting Advantage on failure seems to be the "+1 Boost Die to your or ally's next roll", since it's really tangible.

Of course assuming you're not in combat or it's not going to help in some way you'd have to figure something else out, but it's a good catch-all for circumstances. Like if you're trying to force a door open and fail, obviously the Boost die to next roll represents you getting it up part of the way and getting it the rest of the way is a bit easier.

I don't think I'll be getting the Beginner set because I'd rather just wait for the full thing but I might cave anyway since I'm loving WFRP, like Fantasy Flight, and am dying to get something close to a full version of this thing.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
I have a small party gearing up for a campaign, we found that MapTool has an amazing dice roller for EotE which makes things super easy and fast

We are also getting a googly docs spread sheet set up to automatically calculate starting skill dice pools, derived attributes and encumbrance.

the whole group is pretty excited to start playing.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Wow, that is awesome. I am gonna push the Roll20 guys to make something like that.

Mind sharing a template for that Google Doc?

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Yeah, my group played last night. We've done everything from Pathfinder, Shadowrun, HERO and Iron Kingdoms, and this was probably the quickest the group has picked up a new rolling mechanic. It's not as hard as it sounds, but coming up with ways to spend Advantage that isn't just healing strain gets old. Triumph is interesting, and I look forward to seeing higher levels when there's more than a yellow or two being rolled every time. Adding together the pool isn't any harder than calculating total bonuses in any other game, and it's usually pretty quick to identify results by just pulling out successes and failures, Advantage and Threat off to the side and figuring what's left.

The Beginner Box adventure wasn't too bad, even for a seasoned gaming party, though they deliberately kept it on rails to not break the system. Most of the basic rules are easy to get a grip on (calculating your own pools, etc) that is pre-done for you with the Beginner Box. There are some rule oddities, though, which might have been handled by Errata somewhere. It seems odd that you use Perception(I believe, going from memory here) for initiative when surprised, but Cool when expecting combat, yet most people's Cool was lower. Most of my players wound up walking around with their fingers in their ears and eyes shut just to get jumped and have a better chance of acting faster.

End result is that the dice was a lot funner than expected, and the rest of the game is more or less your basic RPG, and it's Star Wars, what's not to like? As long as the rules can stay out of the way of having fun, it'll probably be a pretty excellent system.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

alg posted:

Wow, that is awesome. I am gonna push the Roll20 guys to make something like that.

Mind sharing a template for that Google Doc?

I already tried to get the Roll20 guys to support custom dice, they basically told me to eat poo poo.
http://community.roll20.net/discussion/3881/custom-dice#Item_3 Thats when we switched to MapTool, which is free, and WAY more powerful

MapTool
http://www.rptools.net/index.php?page=maptool
Tutorial Vids
http://www.rptoolstutorials.net/?page_id=12

And sure Ill share a template as soon as we get it finished.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Yeah, we used Maptool for years, but it is so unwieldy and my guys can't manage their Java installs to save their lives.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
It sounds like the GMs are coming up with advantages in your games but that shouldn't be the case.

Players narrate their advantages, GMs narrate the disadvantages.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
The advantages and disadvantages are really the only thing I am concerned about with this system.

I got to thinking maybe as a group we could help each other out by sharing our ideas and uses for these. I started a google doc for it which can be viewed here
https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1sqCecabYYVMArMufBkXIpCPDmqFmbl7RyDbXQ3erjgE

If anyone would like to help contribute send me a PM and I will give you access. The stuff in there now is just out of the book, but its a start, I figure players and GMs alike can get use out of it.

FordCQC
Dec 23, 2007

THAT'S MAMA OYRX TO YOU GUARDIAN
It was stumbled onto while looking through SpaceBattles for stuff to post in the Weird Fanart thread.
*Pat voice* Perfect
Why does it look like it's cut of at the top? Is that just a poorly formatted header?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

FordCQC posted:

Why does it look like it's cut of at the top? Is that just a poorly formatted header?

Yeah it was an indent issue, should be fixed now.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

fosborb posted:

It sounds like the GMs are coming up with advantages in your games but that shouldn't be the case.

Players narrate their advantages, GMs narrate the disadvantages.

I'm not sure I understand how this works. Is advantage dictated by the players only during combat or during outside stuff too?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So what would be the best way to get into this game? Buy the starter set, or wait for the book to come out?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Looselybased posted:

I'm not sure I understand how this works. Is advantage dictated by the players only during combat or during outside stuff too?

It is used when ever the players roll dice. If they roll advantages or triumphs they can come up with a suitable result and of course the GM can approve or deny.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So what would be the best way to get into this game? Buy the starter set, or wait for the book to come out?

The core book wont be out until some time probably mid to late spring. The beginner kit is only $20 on amazon, and it has everything besides character creation in it.
It comes with 4 pre-made characters, and an adventure, and you can download 2 more pre-made characters and another adventure off the FFG site.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

I hope there's some means of playing the Imperial side too. If the system is so hardwired into making you Luke that you can't have IMPS: The Relentless: The Role-Playing Game, then I might as well just use Hero or GURPS or something.

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.

LumberingTroll posted:

It is used when ever the players roll dice. If they roll advantages or triumphs they can come up with a suitable result and of course the GM can approve or deny.

I guess what I'm wondering is if the PC says "Oh sweet, I rolled two advantage," does the GM have the chance to say something like "then you successfully trip the Trandoshan after hitting him in the face" or is it just player choice on what happens?

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Madurai posted:

I hope there's some means of playing the Imperial side too. If the system is so hardwired into making you Luke that you can't have IMPS: The Relentless: The Role-Playing Game, then I might as well just use Hero or GURPS or something.

I would expect that the second book focusing on being soldiers will work just as well for Imperials as it will for Rebels. Otherwise, maybe there will be a fourth book for playing the baddies like in their 40K RPG line.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
We finished our Spreadsheet magic SW EotE Character sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmC3HKYxUU_fdDdmU25YMjNac0dYX0JzU2ZjY1RiREE

Go to File>Make Copy if you want to use it (you need to be logged in to google)

Species, Career, and Specialization are all drop downs. Characteristics, Derived Stats and Skill ranks need to be entered manually.
Starting skill dice pools and career/spec skills are calculated automatically.

The second tab is for details and RP information, the third tab is for the character to track where they spend XP.

Hope you all like it.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

LumberingTroll posted:

We finished our Spreadsheet magic SW EotE Character sheets
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmC3HKYxUU_fdDdmU25YMjNac0dYX0JzU2ZjY1RiREE

Go to File>Make Copy if you want to use it (you need to be logged in to google)

Species, Career, and Specialization are all drop downs. Characteristics, Derived Stats and Skill ranks need to be entered manually.
Starting skill dice pools and career/spec skills are calculated automatically.

The second tab is for details and RP information, the third tab is for the character to track where they spend XP.

Hope you all like it.

You were already my hero for finding the die-roller on MapTool. Excellent work!

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
What does the listed range of a weapon do? the small blurb on pg 107 does not help any, and I get that range bands determine difficulty, but that its range to target, not the range of the weapon.
Anyone? and on what page?

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Looselybased posted:

I guess what I'm wondering is if the PC says "Oh sweet, I rolled two advantage," does the GM have the chance to say something like "then you successfully trip the Trandoshan after hitting him in the face" or is it just player choice on what happens?

If the player is trying to trip the Trandoshan, then advantage/disadvantage doesn't play into it. It's just, "yup, got the successes. You tripped him."

Here is a better example.

Player "I'm going to push over these hypercrates to block the oncoming storm troopers."
GM throws down 2 difficulty dice because knocking over hypercrates is average difficulty.
The player looks over his skill list, picks out brawl, and so rolls a proficiency die, 3 ability die, and the 2 difficulty die.
In a stroke of terrible luck, the player gets less successes than failures.
GM: "Bad luck! You didn't trip the storm troopers."
Player: "But I did get advantage. The storm troopers are tripped!"
GM: "Yes, and they'd need to take a movement to stand up next turn."

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
There is a pretty significant oversight in the included adventure. People are being stupid defensive about it over in the Fantasy Flight forums, but if you aren't thinking on your feet and reading ahead as a GM there won't be a hook to move players from one location to the next and you'll have to seriously railroad them. The encounters, especially the first few, are designed to gradually introduce concepts, so it is somewhat important players go through them. But until this point the adventure is at least dropping obvious breadcrumbs.

Spoilers ahead of the issue and a fix:

To get the not-Melenium Falcon out of the docking bay, you have to release the docking clamps in the Command & Control Center (Encounter 4). But this isn't mentioned anywhere previously. It's just, "players get the hyperspace module. okay, now move them to the Command & Control center." People are being idiots saying the adventure is intended to be a railroad, and it is mostly up to this point, but also players are given very clear direction to move from encounter 1 to 2 to 3.

Here's a fix. At the end of Encounter 3, somehow mention that Trex has a history of forgetting to go through Command & Control. The junk shop dealer can say this, or players can overhear this as they leave or find a recording or something. That should be enough prompting to get them to the right encounter (so you can introduce the next batch of game concepts) without just teleporting them there (because this isn't Star Trek).

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice

fosborb posted:

If the player is trying to trip the Trandoshan, then advantage/disadvantage doesn't play into it. It's just, "yup, got the successes. You tripped him."

Here is a better example.

Player "I'm going to push over these hypercrates to block the oncoming storm troopers."
GM throws down 2 difficulty dice because knocking over hypercrates is average difficulty.
The player looks over his skill list, picks out brawl, and so rolls a proficiency die, 3 ability die, and the 2 difficulty die.
In a stroke of terrible luck, the player gets less successes than failures.

An Advantage isn't a success. You're allowing it to happen anyway, even though they failed to get more successes than failures, by more or less allowing them to buy the victory with Advantage? I get using the "Yes, and" method of game play, but turning a fail into a success because of Advantage when an Advantage isn't a success doesn't sit well with me. I'd have probably taken the player's "they're tripped" and said that they aren't tripped so much as stumble while attempting to dodge the attack, granting a Boost die to the next player in the initiative to attack them.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Mortanis posted:

An Advantage isn't a success. You're allowing it to happen anyway, even though they failed to get more successes than failures, by more or less allowing them to buy the victory with Advantage? I get using the "Yes, and" method of game play, but turning a fail into a success because of Advantage when an Advantage isn't a success doesn't sit well with me. I'd have probably taken the player's "they're tripped" and said that they aren't tripped so much as stumble while attempting to dodge the attack, granting a Boost die to the next player in the initiative to attack them.

Eh, that depends on what the mechanical benefits are of successfully blocking the passageway. Storm troopers are brutal in packs. Failing to stop a group of storm troopers from shooting at you is a hell of a negative consequence for the starter adventure. Allowing a player to get one movement away from them is an advantage, sure, but I wouldn't say it's a success...

Bionic
May 6, 2007

I beg to remain, Sir, your most humble and obedient servant, A Ridiculous Beard.

fosborb posted:

There is a pretty significant oversight in the included adventure. People are being stupid defensive about it over in the Fantasy Flight forums, but if you aren't thinking on your feet and reading ahead as a GM there won't be a hook to move players from one location to the next and you'll have to seriously railroad them. The encounters, especially the first few, are designed to gradually introduce concepts, so it is somewhat important players go through them. But until this point the adventure is at least dropping obvious breadcrumbs.

Spoilers ahead of the issue and a fix:

To get the not-Melenium Falcon out of the docking bay, you have to release the docking clamps in the Command & Control Center (Encounter 4). But this isn't mentioned anywhere previously. It's just, "players get the hyperspace module. okay, now move them to the Command & Control center." People are being idiots saying the adventure is intended to be a railroad, and it is mostly up to this point, but also players are given very clear direction to move from encounter 1 to 2 to 3.

Here's a fix. At the end of Encounter 3, somehow mention that Trex has a history of forgetting to go through Command & Control. The junk shop dealer can say this, or players can overhear this as they leave or find a recording or something. That should be enough prompting to get them to the right encounter (so you can introduce the next batch of game concepts) without just teleporting them there (because this isn't Star Trek).

I absolutely hated the exposition-fest that was the Devaronian bartender, so I had him just mention something about how he always knows when Trex's ship is in town because all of Teemo's thugs come out in force. I let my players off the railroad pretty much here, so they got to explore a bit. They rented a dewback to help carry the hypertoomanywords forone itemthingie, it seemed to work well.

Here's how I took care of the issue you mentioned for the game I just ran: I let my players go straight to Landing Bay Aurek after they bought the part, so they got to see the lay of the land, the security droids, get salivating a little for the ship, etc. They got to see the docking clamps were still attached, and I put a couple of mechanics near the entrance. They asked the mechanics how to get the clamps off, then they went to the starport control center.

The encounters were way too easy with four players, though. I tweaked the encounters as we went, numbers-wise, but I'm going to definitely need to crank it up a little bit next session. As we left it, Lowhhrick, Mathus, Sasha, and Oskara just bound Trex up in his own ship after taking minor damage from his claws, found the wookiee pelts in the cargo hold, and lifted the boarding ramp to take off. Hopefully space combat goes well next time!

Two of the highlights of the evening for me: (1) While in the cantina, Mathus chucked a bottle of booze at a Gamorrean. It missed, but several advantages got the bottle to shatter and spill into a puddle at the pig's feet. Next round, Oskara unloaded on the puddle, setting him ablaze with a huge purple flame. (2) They got Trex to retreat onto his ship, and it became a bit of hide and seek as Trex taunted them over the intercom. Boobytrapped cockpit, explosives rolled out at them, some tense athletics and vigilance checks. Really fun!

Has anyone run the Long Arm of the Hutt adventure yet? I'd love to hear any tweaks people found helpful/fun.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I picked up the Beginner's Set because I wanted to see how FF did the mechanics and I figured that a couple session's worth of play (counting the free extra content online) and the dice were worth the price. I don't know how keen I am on Star Wars as an RPG setting but I'm pretty pleased with the contents of the set. It's readily apparent that EotE is a slimmed-down and cleaned-up version of WFRP 3E, which is definitely a good thing. I'm looking forward to running it.

Edit: I asked one of my buddies to guess what the races and jobs were for the 4 included characters. Not to knock Star Wars but I had a feeling that it wouldn't be a hard guess. He guessed 2 humans, a Twi'Lek, and a Wookiee, and that there would be a Jedi, a smuggler, a bounty hunter, and "something else." :haw:

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Jan 3, 2013

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

fosborb posted:

The Yes, and thing is about encouraging creative problem solving, not letting players directly contradict the GM.

This dice system is meant to promote thinking about task resolution in less binary terms. Advantages and disadvantages are an opportunity to provide an extra flavory wrinkle. In the case of a failure with advantage, I think it's more of a No, but situation. For something mundane it won't always be worth stopping the action to think of an effect if nothing comes to mind, but that's the idea, at least.

Thanks for the tip about the docking clamps; I'll be sure to drop a hint somewhere about that.

Blamestorm
Aug 14, 2004

We LOL at death! Watch us LOL. Love the LOL.
I'm guessing that as the releases are books there aren't cardboard figures to substitute for minis ala WFRPG. Have you guys been using minis for the beginner set?

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

Wikipedia Brown posted:

The Yes, and thing is about encouraging creative problem solving, not letting players directly contradict the GM.

This dice system is meant to promote thinking about task resolution in less binary terms. Advantages and disadvantages are an opportunity to provide an extra flavory wrinkle. In the case of a failure with advantage, I think it's more of a No, but situation. For something mundane it won't always be worth stopping the action to think of an effect if nothing comes to mind, but that's the idea, at least.

This is the way I understood it as well, advantaged do NOT counter a failure, but are used to provide a silver lining in that sense. Also advantages and Triumphs are used by the player as a sort of currency. In the same way the GM uses Threat and Despair. As mentioned before here are some examples https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1sqCecabYYVMArMufBkXIpCPDmqFmbl7RyDbXQ3erjgE
Also not that these are not limited to just encounters. Say for example the player was trying to tip over the Hypercrates and failed but got two advantages, if the character had time, allow him to try again, but get two boost dice this time for the advantages he previously rolled.

I also do not think it is up to the player to decide which skill they use for non combat actions, in the example the player chooses brawl (assumed he has points in it) but I think the gm should have said this is an Athletics check, as it is more fitting.

I also figured out my previous question about the listed range on weapons, apparently this is a hard cap on the weapons range. I hate these kinds of limits so I am considering allowing players to elect to shoot further but for each range band they shoot into they must add 1 challenge dice to the pool. On the topic of the nebulous range-bands, we will be using a grid on MapTool and I have decided that 5 spaces is a range band, so a maneuver that allows you to close a single range band would allow you to move 5 spaces. Short Range is 5, Medium is 10, Long 15, Extreme 20, Extreme + is 25 etc. Though the rules call for the abstraction my players are more comfortable with hard numbers, and it works better I feel with a VTT.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
It honestly sounds exhausting to gm the games you're describing. Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but the player knows what they're trying to do and their character abilities better than anyone else. As a gm, why constantly try to guess at what the players are trying to do when they can just tell you themselves?

Speaking of not knowing skills, yeah, I meant to type athletics into the example. A player trying to brawl up hindrance would need scrubs, not hypercrates.

As for turning a failure into a success, I think it's a matter of differences in style at this point. The player is trying to hamper storm troopers, who are incredible loving shots, for a turn. They fail, but are able to move away 1. That's honestly less mechanically advantageous than giving the storm troopers a black die next turn.

fosborb fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jan 3, 2013

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

College Slice
Setback/Boost die is more about Threat/Advantage that Fail/Success. If you think you're going to succeed, it's better to go for the Boost for the extra chance at Advantage since it doesn't greatly up your chance to complete the task.

So, moving away one should increase the difficulty by one (more chance of failure), where a Setback die would be more chance of interesting results (more chance of Threat). Statistically speaking.

Edit: Does anyone know how good Fantasy Flight is on a release schedule? If it's going to be book 2 for troopers and book 3 for Jedi, are we looking at probably 6 months between releases given their other RPG systems? My group is debating on if they want to play at release, or wait until it's got a few more sourcebooks to flesh things out first.

Mortanis fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jan 3, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

this troper
Apr 4, 2011

:o

Mortanis posted:

Setback/Boost die is more about Threat/Advantage that Fail/Success. If you think you're going to succeed, it's better to go for the Boost for the extra chance at Advantage since it doesn't greatly up your chance to complete the task.

So, moving away one should increase the difficulty by one (more chance of failure), where a Setback die would be more chance of interesting results (more chance of Threat). Statistically speaking.

Edit: Does anyone know how good Fantasy Flight is on a release schedule? If it's going to be book 2 for troopers and book 3 for Jedi, are we looking at probably 6 months between releases given their other RPG systems? My group is debating on if they want to play at release, or wait until it's got a few more sourcebooks to flesh things out first.

6 months seems about right. Typically supplements for their games tend to come out every 4-6 months (at least from looking at Black Crusade) so yeah.

For seeing what to do with advantages, you can just about always determine what to do by just looking at the other examples. Like if a player fails but gets 2 advantage, and doesn't want to just get one of the listed benefits and wants something else, just think to yourself "is this about equal to getting a free maneuver?" Also keep in mind that lots of bonuses given from excess advantage on a failure can already be represented in the +Boost die mechanic. If the guy fails to throw some boxes in front of a stormtrooper group, the +1 defense or +1 setback die to one of their next rolls could easily represent stumbling up the troopers without actually slowing them down much.

• Locked thread