Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Looselybased posted:

The encounters are definitely too easy in the beginner adventure though

This sounds like the opposite of every FFG rpg ever.

What's with this "Beginner box" deal though. Does it have the core rulebook? Will the book be available by itself?
I'm interested in running a game, but a little concerned about finding players.
It seems like a book is a much easier sell to players than a boxed game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I am really looking forward to seeing some "old school" adventures where Jedis are rare and stormtroopers are horrible shots.

I played in a 4 year long campaign of the old WEG Star Wars RPG and the closest we ever came to seeing a jedi, was finding a lightsaber in a lockbox.
The setting is really rich, and doesn't need Jedi to lend itself to amazing games.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

homullus posted:

I think if a GM wants to run a campaign with a whole party full of Force-sensitives like they were the Dukes of Kashyyyk (complete with Rebellion-logo-emblazoned General Lee landspeeder that plays Dixie when it rolls into town) then that is ok. It is on the Edge of the Empire.

I think that sounds amazing. It needs a horn that plays the star wars equivalent of Dixie. Yub Nub I guess.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

homullus posted:

I agree, and saw that in the Core book. My point is that Lucas' world isn't made for that story -- the Rebellion is not one of droids against people, and the Rebellion we have is going to be dominating the releases for Edge of the Empire. You could certainly try to tell that story in your own game, and I think it would be interesting, but it would be a radical deviation from canon, as far as I can tell.

Ugh I'm about to hate myself.

IG-88 Gained sentience in the Tales of The Bounty Hunters collection, also transplanting his own artificial intelligence into the second death star moments before Lando Calrissian and Wedge Antilles blew that motherfucker up.
:goonsay:

• Locked thread