Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
I'm a huge fan of the Warhammer system that this one seems to emulate, so if any of you guys pick it up and have time, could you post a little review for me? I'm thinking of shelling out some bucks for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

fosborb posted:

That's a great way to frame it.

I think I came off as antagonistic above and I didn't mean to. I am genuinely curious why it seems some people who have run the game are hesitant to let players narrate their advantages. Even though I think that contradicts the rules, I don't think it's necessarily wrong.

It's all about the gaming group you have. Many groups consist of friends that have the same ideas of what makes these games fun and therefore cooperative storytelling isn't a huge deal. Other groups have players who only show up to "win" every encounter and do things like lie about their die rolls and such. If you're lucky enough to have a group like the former, this type of system is a lot of fun (I play WFRPG 3rd edition w/ my group) but if you are for whatever reason stuck with the latter, it can be a hassle to constantly have to fight against your players.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

OverloadUT posted:

I'm sure this is just the honeymoon phase; I hope it holds up on repeat plays!

If it's any consolation, I've been playing various tabletop RPGs for about 20 years and the Warhammer 3rd Edition system that I started last year has become my all-time favorite mainly because of the dice system.

• Locked thread