Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I'm not crazy with how they're splitting up the games. I get divvying up the eras of play, but I'm not sure why it needs to be further divided so that smuggling is one game and being a Rebel is another and so on. It doesn't seem like they're that different, especially when the movies have an aspiring Jedi, a Rebel leader, a smuggler and his alien co-pilot, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

this troper posted:

Oh they've said that they'll all be compatible with eachother, like I said it's basically like PHB1-3. Each will be standalone-capable as well. I'm fine with Jedi being last at least, I'm not a fan.

Yeah, but you'd still have to get all three in order to have anything like the original movie's cast.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Let's have a big fat manual talking about Profit Factor and running a spaceship and so on for smugglers and scoundrels before we have to worry about all that Force nonsense.

That level of detail doesn't really scream "Star Wars" to me, though. The whole universe runs on movie logic- we don't need to know what ".5 past light speed" means or the profit margin on the Kessel Run, that's just handwaving to establish that Han is a space pirate with a fast ship. The system itself looks like it'll be fairly good and cinematic, but even d6 kinda got bogged down with grenade scatter diagrams and hyperspace travel times and other things that a sci-fi game was expected to deal with, so I hope the games will be simpler.

Also it seems like they're missing an opportunity to do a Clone Wars set targeted at younger players- they may get around to it eventually but by then the show could be over.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
How would you define "replay value" in regards to an RPG? I mean, it seems each game is going to be different just by the nature of the medium.

• Locked thread