Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

I'm pretty sure it's +1 for every degree of success above your initial strike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

alg posted:

Oh my god the lady enforcer with cybernetics and the droid heavy :swoon:

Is that from Dangerous Covenants? I didn't work on that one, but from what I've heard from my buddies who worked on it I can't wait to pick it up.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Grey Hunter posted:

Yeah, that top pic is the RPG goal, attractive but sensibly dressed. No excess flesh on display, no boob plating, no peep hole top to expose cleavage.

Also, that's one happy looking Mon Calamari, and the Duros is about to make something go boom.

I actually sent FFG's art director an email the other day thanking her for not filling the book with half-naked cheesecake aliens and making it "Body Issues: the RPG". The women in FFG's art all look smart, competent, are largely built and stand/sit like actual people, dress sensibly, and are shown doing all sorts of interesting and exciting things. I don't mind my daughters looking through my books at all. Also, I love that super smug, green-skinned Twi'lek hired gun woman that keeps showing up in the art.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

homullus posted:

I have known Jay for ~30 years and he has been enthusiastic about games the whole time. He died once or twice in 2011 and has come back even MORE enthusiastic about games, if that's possible. I think I mentioned this before, but one EotE tip he gave me is that when players are rolling something with a significant chance of Despair (so, lots of red dice), ask them before the roll "what's the worst thing that could happen here?"

If they roll Despair, it happens.

Yeah, Jay is an awesome guy. He's great to work with, too. I really enjoy working with him because of his passion. He can get me excited about even the most boring assignment.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

CobiWann posted:

...oh my God. Droid Obligations? I never thought about that...

I played a droid who had a criminal obligation. He was wanted in a bunch of systems because he worked as an assassin for the Hutts. His hallmark was sabotaging starships that belonged to his employers' enemies so that they'd enter hyperspace but never come out.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

So, if anyone is going to GenCon and needs to get their game on, I'm running six demo games in FFG's RPG room over the course of the con. Two of Edge, two of Age, and two of the new Jedi game. Come throw some dice with me, yo.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

We miss you in irc, we have nobody to blindly support the Wayfarer anymore.

I've been busy with work and family stuff. Lots of goddamned deadlines. I'll log in later and tell you guys some more about how you're all wrong about the Wayfarer and how it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I'm not, and I can't speak for the company's attendance. I pretty much just go to GenCon. As for F&D, I'm not at liberty to say.

• Locked thread