Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forsooth
Nov 11, 2009

Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot.
-Napoleon Bonaparte
I own the Beginners Game, but not the full Beta rulebook so I have a few questions about the full game.

1. I have played quite a bit of Saga Edition and I love the ability to multi-class, since I think it is in keeping in line with the films. Does the full game provide rules for multi-classing?

2. I could not see any discernible difference between the different species in the folios. Is there much difference between the different species mechanically, or is it just fluff?

3. The trees in the folios seem rather uninspired, for the most part. Many of the choices just give the character a plus one to some random stat or something equally uninteresting (which is fine in a tutorial, but would get rather old in a full length campaign). Does the full rulebook have some more interesting talent choices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forsooth
Nov 11, 2009

Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot.
-Napoleon Bonaparte

Bionic posted:

KNOWLEDGE

That certainly helps answer all my previous questions. I only have one last niggling concern about the system: Why the gently caress did they divide initiative into two separate skills? It seems like that could actively discourage some character types from planning ahead since they may actually get a lower initiative roll for doing so. Has anyone experienced problems with this, or does it somehow work in game?

• Locked thread