Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I got the Beyond the Rim adventure in for use with my real life EotE game, and I was wondering, would anyone be interested if I ran it as a PbP?

If enough people say they will I'll try to get a recruitment thread up and start making the game onlineable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah, I don't have a set time each week that I can do a roll20 or IRC game, the only real option for me is PbP. Sorry.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Cool, I'll write up the recruitment and post a link here today, hopefully.

edit: Recruitment is up

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Sep 22, 2013

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The CR90 in Beyond the Rim is a pretty cool named ship, and a major plot point at the end of the campaign.

The last few pages of the campaign are fixing it in order for it to take off and shoot Imps.

Here's the IPV-1 too:

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Dec 9, 2013

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I've got 2 sets and we don't run out of dice.

However I'm only running a game of 5 including myself. I'd Probably get another set if I had more PCs.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

So what's the general thought on the Jewel of Yavin? It looks like a pretty bad rear end adventure set in cloud city.

It's nice their combining adventure books and location guides. I hope the artwork lives up to Beyond the Rim

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 21, 2013

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah he wasn't supposed to roll a force dice there.

The system works by every character and the GM rolling a force dice at the beginning of the session. The results are the accumulated force pool, both light side and dark depending on the roll.

A character can then declare they want to spend a force point (if they have enough light side points in the accumulated pool) to modify their dice or do something fantastic (depending on how lenient the GM is it can be interpreted differently or just read out of the book) and that force point changes from light to dark.

A GM can also spend a dark side point to do something and that point changes from dark to light.

I'm not really utilizing this system too much in my game because it's hard to deal with in a pbp environment, but it does work really well in my home game.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

In my home game we actually found its a lot easier to track XP if you don't use the default character sheet but uses something that will show what is and isn't a class skill, and that had the basic leveling guide at the bottom.

In non rules chat, my group finished Beyond the Rim last night, and the empire killed so many of the Isotech guys that they got to keep the Correllian blockade runner. However I played up the 'stolen from CorSec angle so they would treat it as a home base more than a capital ship.

They were excited.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 18, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

This is a .Net application that is a very good character generator. It skirts around being not an FFG product by telling you which page to flip to for most of the content.

SWEotECharGen

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

They're actually from the Unofficial Species Menagerie. If you want to turn them off and only use the book species, theres an option in "Options" to do that.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

That's pretty loving cool dude, and exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks a ton!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

In that case I'd call it "that scratchy feeling on the back of your hands" and give the watched a few boost dice on their perception check for being paranoid.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

We're going to kill each other before we get anywhere.

It'll be fun.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

There are a couple of non humanoid monsters in the Beyond the Rim adventure, but there's only a few times you can throw a Nexu with telekenisis at your guys.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

One that I would recommend is the GMs guide. It's got a GMs shield with all of the charts you need for skill, combat, and critical stuff on one side that I actually lay flat and let my guys use instead of flipping pages in the core book, and I really loved the adventure that came with it.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sounds like you need to run the GMs kit adventure and have him pop back up in the mining facility as the astromech there that starts the droid revolution.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'd suggest the adventure that comes with the DM Kit, it's got some nice combat, some nice Star Wars narrative poo poo and a hutt you can kill at the end, maybe.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It is a new ship class introduced in Enter the Unknown, and yeah, there wouldn't be any imagery or anything, because FFG hates us.

I imagine it'd look like this:

The old clone wars design with some obvious changes to increase away from port time.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

That's interesting, I'd look at building one for my IRL game, but it looks like it requires the Mentor Roll20 level, whatever the hell that is, so it'll have to wait until it goes public.

I also heard rumors that the Orokos guy was going to do Importable character sheets from OggDude's Character Generator, but I haven't seen anything about that for a while.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

The dice system is so much quicker than any other dice system I've played with. I think it's due to you not having to deal with numbers, but just matching symbols.

It's really slick, and once everyone learns what the symbols do, they'll sit there and make up the die resolutions very quickly.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Are you using the web launched version? I haven't seen any issues, but contact the guy and see if he can help.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

My IRL group has made it a specialty to steal every ship they've come across. I've already had to kill a YT-1200 and 4 Z-95s that they stole with their superior hacking/mechanical/deception rolls. But my favorite that they stole is a CR-90 corvette that a Moff bolted a hangar too.

They changed the name to the Tasty Surprise. Capital Ship battles are fun, especially when the Imperials expect starfighters to emerge from the hangar and what comes out are old junk freighters that they've filled with explosives and droids.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

People who put 1000 word character submissions in PBP games are dumb. You write 2-3 paragraphs of generic characterization, and make up the rest of the poo poo as you go along.

This is also useful due to the fact that 98% of PBP games fizzle out before you have any chance to develop your character besides saying "Hi, I'm ________ and I do _______" and then rolling your dice twice and combat starts and the GM decides that PBP is a terrible format and quits. Because you're not attached to your character (ie you haven't yet wrote 1000 words about why he wears purple underwear even though he's a wookiee) you don't care that the game is dead, and can join another with another general character.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I did something similar, although in a more roundabout way. I had them all track down a General to introduce them fully to the rebellion, and then after they'd done a few jobs for said General, they went to OTC on an outer rim world. Skill challenges were pretty simply, I didn't draw it out but basically did the same thing you said, and I allowed them to take any specs from the AOR book for free once it was done.

Then the graduation celebration from OTC or whatever was interrupted by a Moff who dropped a captured Rebel Correlian Corvette on the base. Like literally dropped it like from that BSG episode, except it didn't jump out, but exploded. Chaos. Grief. Death. And the Heroes emerged.

And that Moff is the current rival for this campaign.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I've started an intended high level Age of Rebellions Clone Wars game, if anyone is interested. Play as an ARC Trooper, and be a badass. All skill levels welcome!

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Elendil004 posted:

What's wrong with it, what am I not seeing?

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

More people should see this.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Are you coming to PAX south? Or is anyone from FFG coming?

That's the only con I get to go to this year :(

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

We're talking about Force and Destiny in #sweote on irc.synirc.net. Join us if you want to talk about it too.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Tomorrow should be the first day you see copies of the books at GenCon. So no. Its not.

:v:

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It is, we're on Morality now (FaD's obligation/Duty), and how much it feels like WoD.

Which is bad.

Edit: well we're on it again, I guess.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 13, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

No, the book is not out now.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Aug 13, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I'm not very happy that it uses a sliding scale.

It starts you at 50 Morality, and then at 70+ you're more light side and less than 30 you're Dark Side. That just seems like arbitrary numbers they threw in to upset the narrative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Force and Destiny Playtest PBP game of the adventure in the back of the Rulebook, "Lost Knowledge". App your Jedis here, please.

• Locked thread