Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Jesus Saves! - And Takes Half Damage!!

Traxus IV posted:

Just finished running the beginner's Edge of the Empire adventure for my first time ever GMing anything and it was a blast. The instant my group of three hit the cantina the Wookiee started a bar brawl to distract pursuit, the droid clambered over the bar and went into standby mode to blend in with all the junk piled up near the storage closet, and the smuggler attempted to hit on the dancer but instead managed to be so repulsive she didn't even try to stop him from running backstage to hide. Pash's failures with women became a character quirk that came up a couple more times (he had to be physically restrained from interacting with the Spaceport Control lady lest he ruin their otherwise stealthy encounter with yet another horrifically botched pickup line), which was awesome to see his player include since she has a tendency to shy away from roleplaying in the other game we play together.

I'm pretty sure I hosed up the rules really bad in a couple places for combat - particularly the ship combat - but it was a lot of fun to throw my hands up and just go with whatever seemed coolest most of the time and my players really got into that style of play. They had some really great ideas for getting around the obstacles the adventure put in their way and I did my best to make sure they all contributed towards their collective successes. They all really want to play it again and I'm super happy they had such a good time; Vex's player said that the game made her want to go watch the movies again, which I took to be high praise for EotE. I could gush about all the cool poo poo they did forever but really I just wanted to share how well everything went, the system was super simple for them to pick up and play and they really enjoyed the dynamics of it all.

During the evening they decided that Game Master wasn't a good enough title for me and so I was instead dubbed "Starlord" :3:

This is awesome. Thanks for sharing! :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

PantsOptional posted:

Ghtroc 720 is the best; one of our last space encounters involved a starfighter flying circles around us and lighting us up while we tried to get far enough away from the planet that we could enter hyperspace. We're not so great at space combat but we just flipped the other dude off and ignored him while we trucked on out. Thanks to the tankiness of the 720 we barely got a scratch on us despite taking a beating for five rounds.

I know, I want to love the Ghtroc, but the "official" deckplans for the ship (from Starships of the Galaxy, also on Wookieepedia) are so abysmally stupid I can't bring myself to. Why do I feel beholden to (not) canon so??

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

Apparently it is. Some folks have their hands on it, at least.

Rand Ecliptic
May 23, 2003

I stand corrected (and jealous).

• Locked thread