Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I haven't really followed this game since it came out, but my wife and I have been on a major Star Wars kick lately. Have they released rules for playing Jedi or any other Force-using tradition like the Jensaarai and the Matukai yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Played my first game of Edge of the Empire last night and it was remarkably fun. Players were myself, my wife, and Ryven Cedrylle. I ran a scoundrel/Force exile, wife ran a mechanic/marauder (refluffed as a Matukai trainee), and Ryven ran a Twilek trader/slicer. Our GM was non-goon DarkCyril.

We ended up saving a rebel sympathizing (and a train full of people) from dying in a hover train "accident", caused by a hit an hired by a mafia family she had exposed as also rebel-sympathizing in a poorly planned attempt to get them to go public. We may have killed a gundark at one point (we totally did).

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

I'm currently working on using a fanmade Jedi Guardian talent tree into a Matukai talent tree and it's pretty easy for the most part. Most of the stuff is staying the same, any reference to the Lightsaber skill is replaced by "when using the Melee skill with a Wan Shen", and any outward usage of the Force is replaced by a physical skill used elsewhere or abilities of similar power level. One thing I want to include is the Matukai ability to raise/lower their body heat to the extent that they're able to burn/freeze things nearby with their touch. I'm pretty much drawing a blank here, you guys have any thoughts on this?

Edit: Also in keeping with the shiptalk from earlier in the thread, we've got the Sapphire Song.

-Fish- fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 13, 2014

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Ghtroc 720. The YT-1300 for people who don't like YT-1300s.

Also, more importantly: It's a turtle and turtles are loving boss as hell.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

That's a far more sensible layout.

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Is the Force and Destiny chat still going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Would Force Rating make more sense if you could buy ranks in it with the same cost as characteristics? Xp equal to 10x the rating you're buying?

• Locked thread