Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking
I'm interested as well, especially since they're keeping it in the only interesting era of Star Wars. Even the "good" parts of the EU, including the Old Republic era, don't interest me. They just come off as pale "me too" shades of the actual good trilogy. The prequels were boring poo poo and there's not a single thing that was added to the franchise that stirred my imagination in the least. And I really don't mind them choosing to divide up each Topic of Gameplay into three separate parts. Smugglers, bounty hunters, crime and punishment can be its own book, you could easily build an entire microcosm on that topic alone. Likewise for the Empire and Rebellion, and similarly for the Force. Each of the three factions are equally interesting, and having them all have their own stand-alone book will hopefully ensure none overshadows the others. Think Han Solo, Boba Fett, and Jabba the Hutt are the coolest? Just buy the first book and forget the War and the Force. Just want to play space wizards? Get the third book. Think being a trooper in the trenches hunting down the rebel scum is the bees knees? You won't need to worry about books 1 and 2.

I like what they're doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blurry!
Jun 14, 2006

Sorry for Party Flocking

Lotish posted:

Yeah, that'd work, so long as all three books are available simultaneously and each has all the essential rules. I remember with DnD 3rd edition you had to wait months for the DMG to come out, so you had to make do with a little mini-dmg packet they slipped in the back of the PHB.

Oh yeah, that was assumed by me in my post. I mean, if all three are interchangeable and compatible, I really hope they have the core rules in each book. They shouldn't have to obligate Star Wars fans into buying merchandise, especially when that merchandise has real value to them. Most people will probably wanna play any and all of it, so if they enjoy one book, they'll buy the rest.

• Locked thread