Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
Are they planning to update Delta Green's setting at all? As written, it doesn't really make sense in a post 9/11 context without some handwaving - which is fine, but I suspect the DG authors are better at it than the average grog.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

ack posted:

They talk about all that stuff in the latest Unspeakable podcast. From what I got, the new edition will still be firmly US based, DG kinda wins, and the governments now know and want to harness the Mythos.

"Project GABRIEL isn't a directed energy beam at all! It's a manifestation of the appalling power of Quachil Uttaus!"
"....does it still work, though?"

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Wise Learned Man posted:

Kickstarter for the new edition of Delta Green just went up today. I love modern Lovecraftian horror, but they already made their initial goal in just a couple of hours, so I might wait until the book is out.

On their website they have an open call for standalone scenario pitches. Paying up to a grand. Deadline is October 8th.

This kind of seems like one of those Kickstarters where you should wait about 25 days before pledging, since some of the stretch goal options seem like they'd be much, much better than the basic pledges.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

clockworkjoe posted:

If you back at the $80 Rising Threats tier, you can help create more books and get all of them in PDF. We could in theory do another KS in a year or two for new books, but we'd be starting from scratch with making contributors' schedules and interests line up. The only way to guarantee we see stretch goals like the Carcosa book, Impossible Landscapes, is to bring in enough backers to make it happen.

I should say that I did this, am very happy with it, and am kicking myself for not snaking in for Fall at $100 when I had the chance.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
I ran a fun little outing of Delta Green last night, in which a CGIS agent, a Forest Ranger, an Army Chaplain and a NASA analyst managed to muck up Last Things Last so badly they ended up blowing up a petrol station to put an end to the thing which was Marlene.

In a fortnight, they're going to find out all about the CIA smuggling Mythos-tainted drugs out of Aghanistan, and how to impersonate a defunct USAF UFO programme for fun and profit.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

neaden posted:

Has anyone had a chance to run DG with the Agent's Handbook yet and give an impression? I refrained from backing and wanted to wait for reviews since I already have quite a few cthulhu-based rpgs. Is the system good enough to be worth purchasing over just running the fluff with something else?

Yes. The "gently caress up your life" mechanic is great, particularly if your players really get into it.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
One of the sourcebooks briefly mentioned MAJESTIC cargo-culting 'crystal-matrix AIs' that were pretty obviously a front for something squamous.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
I threw some money at it but I'm not really expecting a product before 2020.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

PST posted:

Well gently caress, just found out about the jackets - didn't see them in the kickstarter comments or anywhere else but apparently they were advertised on reddit. I got a friend to bring me back t-shirts and patch from GenCon. I don't need a jacket at all, and have no idea when i'd ever wear it, being in the uk it's a bit over the top, on the other hand...

Edit: Also holy gently caress is the Delta Green Huge loving Book(TM) (Formerly known as the Case Officer's Handbook) dense and filled with stuff. There's 230 pages of GM-side stuff, from year by year events broken into sections, to full breakdowns of The Program and The Cowboys to a really nice take on the GOOs to Hypergeometery to Case Officer advice on how to run campaigns, to an adventure to...just so much stuff to take in.

It might hit 700 pages in layout.

I loved how casually SaucerWatch gets obliterated and the the joint Delta Green/MAJESTIC operation against the Karotechia the day before 9/11 is amazing.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

gradenko_2000 posted:

I just got an email about the plaintext doc for The Fall of Delta Green being released to backers

It's really cool and good. Feels a lot more like "classic" Delta Green which it should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

I am making a DG guy and I think I want to go the most "normie with the most to lose" route. 30 y/o Fed on a nice career trajectory with a nice northern va home good domestic life with two kids member of the local fraternal order, no serious vices, yadda yadda.

What's a good background that would get him into The Program where he had contact with something just overtly supernatural enough to blood him in, but seemingly babytown frolics so he wrongly assumes the Mythos is like Goosebumps level paranormal japery?

He's from the MAJESTIC side of the family and thinks the Mythos is basically aliens with rayguns - advanced technology, sure, but nothing sanity-blasting.