Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RiperSnifel
Jul 13, 2007

Pull the handle, let it go, now you know you're ready to roll.

Yawgmoth posted:

I guess I'll start us off with a question: me and my friends love Arkham Horror, but we've gotten really good at it and thus the threat of the Ancient One awakening is less of a threat and more "bonus round for laughs after sealing 6 gates." Can someone make a recommendation for an expansion to get that would make things more challenging without just making things straight-up harder?

Most of the expansions have alternative dynamics in addition to ramping up the difficulty. I've played "Lurker at The Threshold," but I'd advise reading up online and seeing what feels good. "Lurker" added different types of gates, there were split gates where you spent part of the time in one area and your next turn in another, and there were gates that would kill whatever occupied the space they opened on. There was also a pretty sweet allegiance system so that you could buddy up with the player to your left and gain bonuses. The amount of nasty poo poo was pretty balanced with the amount of friendly poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU