Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
This can only be a good thing, Now I wonder when we will get the PDF's it says delivery October, but from their updates it looks like they are still messing around with formatting for the rulebook, and we have no idea how far along the spat books are.

I'm expecting the rulebook/playbooks fairly soon, with the playsets coming over the next few months, which is fine by me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Well, its the 15th onwards for the kickstarter pdfs.

The latest update said they would be missing some images, so it looks like backers are getting the rules, then the finished product will be out after that.

still good for us backers though!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Yeah, I'm half way through the rulebook now, and its looking very interesting. I wonder when the first PBP game will start here.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Yeah, I think a CoC campaign could be run fairly well, you just need the story. The only thing to watch out for is that Tremulous has several rules that make player interaction cannon, which may break larger campaigns.

Also screw it, I've finished the rule book, I'm starting a PBP thread for anyone who is interested.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3512461

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

The Rulebook says something about all the stats adding up to 3 - so the Rulebook ones seem right.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Pththya-lyi posted:

Pelgrane Press put out a soundtrack album for their new Trail of Cthulhu campaign book, Eternal Lies, so you might check that out.

Also, I pre-ordered the book and it came last week. The campaign seems great and the book is nicely put together!

Yeah, the music is nice an ominous, and although I've only read the first section, the campaign rundown makes it look like it should be a fun one.

I do love a campaign where the book is thicker than the main rulebook.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

WaywardWoodwose posted:

I started with that one, then did the one from Mansions of Madness, "Mr. Corbitt".

That's a good one - the Mansions of Madness book has a few good scenarios. - Was it a relative in your game?

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Dr. Lunchables posted:

The Crack'd and Crook'd Manse owns. My players took the poor journalist Joe Vitrelli hostage and tortured him, never explored the whole house, and murdered the sherrif. It was amazing.

I ran it three times in a week with three groups, and it ended up different every time. That was a fun week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Waterfall Watcher posted:

Has anyone tried fantasy ground with this? The Steam Summer sale is coming up and fantasy ground at times get big discounts on the modules. Thinking it might be fun to have during these still self isolating times.

I use FG a lot, and it works well, the CoC module is well written and its fairly easy to use. I've just started a trail of cthulhu game doing the Eternal lies campaign - thats fan made and a bit more janky, but works well enough.

have a few videos on my youtube if you want to see it in action. or don't - I'm not your boss.