Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Flakey posted:

Don't use maps ever is my go-to solution.

I don't generally, either. CoC does really well as theater of the mind, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

My only exposure to DG is with actual plays, but it seems like combat and tactics are more prevalent than the classic 1920s game so yeah, using maps there might make sense.

And I likewise might show a map of a building or something to be like "here's what you know of the floorplan" I just don't use them for combat on CoC.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

sebmojo posted:

hello thread! i just bought the fancy slipcase version of Masks, on the understanding that i might not run it for a year or two, but is 7e, you know... good? it seems incredibly fiddly, to the point where I'm tempted to replace it whole sale with rolemaster when i get round to running it. does it go smoothly in practice?

CoC 7e is my second favorite system, and it's perfectly suited to what the game is: investigative horror.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Why even have a green button?