Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'm looking at running Delta Green's Music from a Darkened Room one of the ways to solve the case is smashing the mirror with an Elder Sign. I am unfamiliar with elder signs, what are they, how would my players get/create one/know about one/etc.

edit: where did folks get in on the last / most recent playtest for DG stuff? I playtested one a while ago (The Observer Effect, which was loving fantastic) through the kickstarter but I haven't seen any messaging on anything new other than Shane mentioning it during a roll20 one-shot I did with him.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Looks like I'm settling on either Kali Ghati (on the recommendation of mister Ivey) or Lover in the Ice. Thoughts?

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 31, 2017

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

In the hopes of keeping this thread alive, may you never want for Delta Green pregens again:

http://www.delta-green.com/2017/03/800-pre-generated-characters-for-your-delta-green-game/

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Sounds like the being-worked-on Delta Green book is clocking in at 550ish pages.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Delta Green: Holy poo poo the case officers handbook is huge. The copy only version dropped for backers and patreon supporters.

I also think the raid jackets shipped (which were my idea).

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The jackets came about because I asked Shane if I could use the logo to get a one-off for myself (and to get a nice vector version of the logo) and he said hey actually folks might like that, can we make them and give you one at cost?

So it was pretty quick. It went up on facebook and reddit and it looks awesome.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Yeah and it's a legit raid jacket, they had to go through the same folks who make tons of police and law enforcement jackets, so it feels authentic rather than just being a silk-screened windbreaker.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

A few raid jackets available here https://shop.arcdream.com/collections/collectibles/products/delta-green-raid-jacket

They're also selling the misprint hosed up ones for 30 bucks, which honestly feels VERY delta green.

Elendil004 fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jun 29, 2017

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Yoshimo posted:

Looking over the Delta Green books again. There's a huge difference between how many points the careers start off with (not including the baseline values the skills start off at.)

Anthropologist/Historian gets about 350. I compared it to Intelligence Analyst which is on at least 400. Computer Scientist/Engineer gets over 520…! What am I missing?

Computer sci does have 1 less bond, which means that have more skills to compensate. Though that should only account for an extra 50 pts.

I only calculate about 420 depending on the pick 4 you take for computer scientists though, check your math?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

If y'all have a hankering to play some Delta Green we're getting more and more active in the NightAtTheOpera subreddit, usually a game or two every week.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NightAtTheOpera/

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Yoshimo posted:

The Delta Green Logo: https://imgur.com/gallery/iytsJ

What exactly is the relevance of the stars/lines behind the triangle? The assymetry implies relevance...

also kind of answered on reddit. Dennis Detwiller would know but I don't have him on facebook to bother him so you're on your own.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DeltaGreenRPG/comments/6rr8ig/meaning_behind_the_dg_logo/

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I played a one-shot and it was fun and pretty pulpy but I wouldn't really be into a long-form game of it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

At the risk of posting too much (tm) I am starting a mini campaign of sorts, a few loosely connected Vietnam era DG ops the first of which is here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NightAtTheOpera/comments/6s9u77/operation_spizzerinctum/

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Some monsters are just straight up going to kill you if you fight them.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Hosting a delta green movie night in the night at the opera discord. Tonight at 6 eastern we're watching Alien Raiders, a cross between The Thing and Dog Day Afternoon.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Do you have a Discord invite? I won't be able to participate (I am ironically running a game of DG over Discord) but I'd love to hang out next time you guys do something like that.

https://discord.gg/FxNKfCq

we tend to run a couple games a week

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

What is the experience like playing tabletop online

You mean like DG or other CoC stuff?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

A Delta Green one-shot I'm running this Sunday at 6pm EST could probably use another player or two.

Reddit post is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/NightAtTheOpera/comments/6uyo90/cabin_in_the_woods/

Pitch is:

quote:

On 15 February 2003, 1-325th Airborne Infantry deployed to Kuwait in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom. On 27 March 2003 the Battalion crossed the border and saw ground combat in As Samawah, Fallujah and Baghdad. On the evening of April 28, 2003, several hundred civilians ignored a curfew imposed on them by the U.S. military. They proceeded to march through the streets of Fallujah, past the soldiers positioned in the local Ba'ath party headquarters. They wished to protest outside a local school (al-Qa'id primary) about the United States military presence within the school [C/1-325th AIR]. A U.S. Army Psychological Operations team attempted to force the civilians to disperse with announcements, but the team failed in this attempt. According to locals, at this point the United States soldiers fired upon the unarmed crowd, killing 17 and wounding more than 70 of the protesters.

The U.S. suffered no casualties from the incident. According to the soldiers on the ground, the 82nd Airborne soldiers inside the school responded to "effective fire" from inside the protesting crowd. Later third party investigations found no evidence that the US forces had come under attack and it concluded that the US forces, far from shooting with precision, shot at Iraqis indiscriminately. Two days later, on April 30, the 82nd Airborne was replaced in the city by 2nd Troop (Fox) / U.S. 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment.

Due to the confusing nature of the 'engagement', there was no formal disciplinary action resulting from the action, but the men of 2 Squad were reassigned to other units when and where possible. No member of 2 Squad ever divulged what really happened, and the circumstances were left unmentioned and unresolved.

Eleven years later, members of 2 Squad receive a message from SSgt Thomas asking them to come to his cabin in the woods to talk about "what happened at the school"

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

LuiCypher posted:

Anybody run Kali Ghati and had the group decide 'gently caress it, let's bribe the Afghans' instead?

Because I'm kind of hoping my upcoming group decides on that approach, because I am ready to roll with it.

KG is one of the weaker scenarios, it was basically a playtest of the new DG combat rules and it kinda shows. I've had fun running it but I've never had fun playing it for what it's worth.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

clockworkjoe posted:

I'd love to see those rules. I shared this post with the Delta Green email list BTW. They love stuff like this.

It even got a Shane Ivey reply

Shane motherfucking Ivey posted:

Very cool. All the times I've run it, nobody's tried that route.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

gradenko_2000 posted:

for people wanting to see what the Delta Green jacket looks like, mine came in today:

This is the distressed ink version

Hardly looks distressed to be honest. How's the front symbol?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I got mine at a solid discount so I am glad I bought a regular one. How's the challenge coin look?

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Cult stuff maybe, where he can write off the crazier aspects as just the cultists buying into it but still a serious threat (but to him, human)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Last night in Delta Green I learned:
-Agents will chase a red herring literally up a major highway.
-Binary explosives thrown at a car will mess up the environment
-Driving while tear-gassed is hilarious

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Peas and Rice posted:

If anyone wants some great practice developing scenarios and writing, Chaosium just put out their (now annual?) call for convention scenarios. You pitch, then if you're chosen, you write the whole thing and come up with pre-gens - 8000-12000 words plus 6 characters.

I made it to the final round last year and it was a ton of fun, and I got some great feedback from the editors too.

Good god that feels long. Even my shotgun (1500 word) scenario felt like a lot of words.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Vote for mine!

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Go vote!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSffni-3LXnez8axQN0N_zxJWLmI25Vz1ITNo9OlKSWmz45KMw/viewform

(for mine)

Clockwork, did you write one? Curious what one it was, there were some good ones (and some godawful ones)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Splicer posted:

Vote for me!

I mean literally me.

It's a one-shot where I show up and start reading my posts at you.

Dude this game is meant to be fun not cripplingly depressive.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

LatwPIAT posted:

(And M-EPIC isn't really good; Glancy called it the "law enforcement version of residential schools".)

Tell me you have a source for this quote. I need it for a friend.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Really solid collection of Delta Green scenarios avail for preorder https://shop.arcdream.com/products/...campaign=buffer

Nothing "new" but a good way to get some PDF ones in a nice print version.

Observer Effect is one of my favorites, Music from a Darkened Room is a classic horror scenario and the others I'm not familiar with.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I think at this point, with the handlers the guide done that's all basically good. ArcDream consistently overdelivers late and I'm ok with that.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

The two scenarios for Control Group so far have been great. Blacksat is unique and really cool, and I'm running Night Vision this weekend. (I still need players for this hint hint)

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

mellonbread posted:

Here's a couple or three things I've been working on for Delta Green. Bunch of scenarios, a sourcebook, that sort of thing.

And speaking of DG, good luck everybody in the shotgun scenario contest. I figure if you make something that other people will actually play at some point, that's the important thing.

Can confirm, having played in and then ran the first three (the starkweather foundation trilogy) that it's a solid little adventure. I had 5 players and we had a total of 10 PCs throughout it, only 2 of the dead PCs were at my hand, the rest were friendly fire as the group turned on itself in a spectacular moment.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Favorite to run was Act 2. Watching PCs solve BESTOW was great, and I had a friend text the "clue" to one of my players so they just thought it was some scam text and when they put two and two together it was great.

To play in, I played an earlier version of Act 3, but my Agent basically told the king in yellow to gently caress off and only lost a few SAN for it, so he's seen Hastur in full glory and was like "meh, I lost more to that Shoggoth (a full 20)."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'd like to thank the academy, and jesus...just kidding, big ups to my playtesters, at least one of whom is a poster here and died when someone threw binary explosives at his vehicle in an arby's parking lot.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

I'd like to invite everyone to contribute to the first annual /r/nightattheopera Scenario Contest. This contest requires that folks build a scenario around a selection from a list of themes/features, so it should make for interesting stuff.

More information in the link below. Excited to see what folks drum up!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QsWZHrDCkoBhTMAaXUjrVFSvjq_F58Xl1f3Bmv-MyHk/edit?usp=sharing

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Kavak posted:

Congratulations! Who got second and third?

2nd place (shared) - Death is No Parenthesis by William Schar
2nd place (shared) - Fleur de Vie by Lex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Control Group cover looking good. Kinda wish they went with one themes from the two scenarios we already know about though.