Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

SupSuper posted:

What agenda do skin-tight suits and tattoos push exactly?

My boner agenda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Regarde Aduck posted:

If I was being overly cynical i'd say that indie devs find storycrafting a lot easier than producing good gameplay. So of course the thing they're good at... just happens to be the "better" aspect all along.

My tiny cynic says that these people know deep down that no one would publish their book or turn their script into a movie and what do you know, indie games are a hip new thing, why not try that? Games are just like books and movies right?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Quest For Glory II posted:

Their game doesn't look good but I'll still wish them well considering literal crazy people are sending death threats at her daily. And one schizo guy crashed his mom's car driving to her house with a gun

Oh yeah, that's definitely lovely too. Probably just won't vote on it either way.

On another subject, I can't believe the Interview got greenlight, that game's a piece of poo poo.

Madoushi
May 9, 2003

Some days, you just get up on the wrong side of the bed...

Brianna Wu showing her understanding of how Greenlight works :downs:

https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/562760493056946178

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

Madoushi posted:

Brianna Wu showing her understanding of how Greenlight works :downs:

https://twitter.com/Spacekatgal/status/562760493056946178

Yo it's super unintuitive that a no vote does nothing, but there's a nonzero chance she does know that, but also knows that basically no one who follows her does and this is a good way to get votes so they will "win".

And dude on the last page, why would you lead a paragraph about Briana being wrong with the one thing that's an objective fact? Fun is super subjective, just look at dota.

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates
A huge number of commentors seem to have shown up to the Greenlight page just give their "honest opinion" or their "two cents", as though this level of critique is normal for any game. Apparently just clicking "no" isn't an option, everyone has to comment and explain that they aren't member of gamergate, and also here's an essay on what's wrong with the game.

Dirty fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Feb 5, 2015

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm pretty sure some of these people are straight up mentally ill

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747

hemale in pain posted:

But enough about trannies.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

Well duh, that's gamergate :smug:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dirty posted:

A huge number of commentors seem to have shown up to the Greenlight page just give their "honest opinion" or their "two cents", as though this level of critique is normal for any game. Apparently just clicking "no" isn't an option, everyone has to comment and explain that they aren't member of gamergate, and also here's an essay on what's wrong with the game.

That's actually par for the course for Greenlight. I'd have lots more comments if I didn't delete people who aggressively scream about shoving my art style up my rear end.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I would never have heard of Brianna Wu if it wasn't for the people who hate her.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

So do people just hate the game that much or is this another case where she said the "wrong" thing on the internet and it's just going to follow her everywhere?

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
the latter. she had an ama with like 7 other women the other week and it was mostly those comments, questions about why they would associate with her, and large downvotes on every reply.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Kibayasu posted:

So do people just hate the game that much or is this another case where she said the "wrong" thing on the internet and it's just going to follow her everywhere?

Because she's a female games dev.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Her game looks loving awful but compared to some of the poo poo that Steam allows on the service it might as well be a AAA title.

Dirty
Apr 8, 2003

Ceci n'est pas un fabricant de pates

The White Dragon posted:

That's actually par for the course for Greenlight. I'd have lots more comments if I didn't delete people who aggressively scream about shoving my art style up my rear end.

The scale seems a little different in this case. At time of writing, there are 206 discussions (not comments, discussion threads), compared to 0 on the neighbouring games. That's in, what, 4 days? If you've had that many at that rate, fair enough, I stand corrected. But this really doesn't seem par for the course at all.

I get the criticisms of R60, but let's be clear - the hundreds of people suddenly writing long, detailed reviews of the game haven't shown up just because of the game.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Kibayasu posted:

For reference, the talk around her has gotten so awful that an almost-definitely-schizophrenic guy wrecked his car trying to drive to her place to hurt her the other day

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Pretty much. I just mentally lump anyone who rails against her in with Truckflip McGee up there at this point.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I won't buy her game but I will, and did, upvote it. I hope the guys threatening to leave Steam actually leave Steam (they won't).

Babby Sathanas
May 16, 2006

bearbating is now adorable
It got greenlit within 3 days. That's pretty hilarious.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Babby Sathanas posted:

It got greenlit within 3 days. That's pretty hilarious.

The real fun will be sales. I wonder how many people will hate buy [Hatred/Revolution 60] to stick it to the [SJW/MRA].

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I wish people hated Drive to Hell enough for thousands of people to follow us and buy our products.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

BexGu posted:

The real fun will be sales. I wonder how many people will hate buy [Hatred/Revolution 60] to stick it to the [SJW/MRA].

Pretty much. They're both two sides of the same coin. Neither would have gotten anywhere if it wasn't for the fuss surrounding them, although it's funny as hell seeing the Hatred guys act a lot more humble than Brianna who is currently jumping up and down posting how much she loves glugging GG tears. :v:

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

poptart_fairy posted:

Pretty much. They're both two sides of the same coin. Neither would have gotten anywhere if it wasn't for the fuss surrounding them, although it's funny as hell seeing the Hatred guys act a lot more humble than Brianna who is currently jumping up and down posting how much she loves glugging GG tears. :v:

Who wouldn't be happy to glug GG tears?

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Yodzilla posted:

I wish people hated Drive to Hell enough for thousands of people to follow us and buy our products.

Didn't drop enough inflammatory comments or have a woman developer. You just tried to make a fun game. :(

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

The real losers here are good game developers :smith:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Yodzilla posted:

Just talk some about how you think sexism and racism is bad on twitter, that'll attract the assholes. Maybe some stuff about how you think women are able to do all the same things that men can do, too

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Helical Nightmares posted:

The real losers here are good game developers :smith:

Yeah, LOSER NERDS :iceburn:

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer

BexGu posted:

Watch the user tags for a sneak preview. They're a mine of snide whining on anything remotely controversial.

saucerman
Mar 20, 2009

Pomp posted:

I would never have heard of Brianna Wu if it wasn't for the people who hate her.

Same happened with Anita Sarkeesian whose Kickstarter made a lot more money than she asked for because of same group of hateful idiots. And then they wonder why she was on Colbert. They created her. They made her famous. And the more famous she and others like her get the more they hate and make them even more famous.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

mycot posted:

Who wouldn't be happy to glug GG tears?
Don't you know acidic water is bad for you?

Mr Underhill
Feb 14, 2012

Not picking that up.

King Vidiot posted:

I won't buy her game but I will, and did, upvote it. I hope the guys threatening to leave Steam actually leave Steam (they won't).

Im sorry, but I think you've got the wrong idea, the game is poo poo regardless of who made it and who's pushing what agenda. I could care less about gamergaters or feminists, the only greenlight criteria should be whether you'd play the game or not. feeding either one troll or another will just prolongue the bullshit drama. 2 cents done.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Yodzilla posted:

You should aim to be more controversial, for starters rename your game "Drive to Heil"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
e: post redacted at the advice of my lawyer

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Feb 7, 2015

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Yodzilla posted:

Coming soon to an Ouya near you.

You lost me.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

gently caress the haters, R60 has brought me so much joy and I haven't even had to spend a dime.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
Apparently Steam is putting the kibosh on trading Steam keys for Greenlight votes.

http://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/564958453505196032

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Liquid Penguins posted:

gently caress the haters, R60 has brought me so much joy and I haven't even had to spend a dime.

Thank you for spreading the joy!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

dijon du jour posted:

Apparently Steam is putting the kibosh on trading Steam keys for Greenlight votes.

http://twitter.com/SteamDB/status/564958453505196032

I can see the collective eyes of Valve glaring at Mastiff right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Octopus City Blues just went up on Greenlight: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404286485

Does Greenlight really matter anymore? Either way you should vote for it, because it looks to be a great game. It's a sort of SNES-era looking adventure game with some great pixel art. If you followed the Kickstarter at all, they've since released a demo that shows off a lot of promise: http://ghost-in-a-bottle.itch.io/octopus-city-blues

It's taking much longer to develop than expected, but what doesn't these days!

• Locked thread