Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Can someone repost namor being disgusted at a fish smoking a cigar it whatever it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sockser posted:

Can someone repost namor being disgusted at a fish smoking a cigar it whatever it is?

This one?

By Michael Kupperman. Collected in Strange Tales #1.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Cornwind Evil posted:

....how is this comical in any way?

You'll get it when you're older.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Cornwind Evil posted:

This is the equivalent of an artist drawing a square-jawed musclebound dude, with narration boxes saying that the young boy is experiencing the first signs of puberty as his entire torso begins to become enveloped in thick, bristly hair.

Basically, in case you were unaware, a girl's first period doesn't happen when they look 22 and doesn't involve several pints of blood.

Dammit Who?
Aug 30, 2002

may microbes, bacilli their tissues infest
and tapeworms securely their bowels digest

Cornwind Evil posted:

That girl has played a humorous prank on her mother, by concealing an explosive blood squib in her bikini bottom. Such larks they have, in ancient wherever-it-is!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
Doesn't even look like blood to me. Is the joke that she shat herself?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Fuego Fish posted:

This is the equivalent of an artist drawing a square-jawed musclebound dude, with narration boxes saying that the young boy is experiencing the first signs of puberty as his entire torso begins to become enveloped in thick, bristly hair.

Basically, in case you were unaware, a girl's first period doesn't happen when they look 22 and doesn't involve several pints of blood.

The fact that someone scripted this, someone pencilled it, some other people probably inked & coloured it and an editor watched over it all and everyone involved along the way all went "Yep, can't see nothin' wrong with any of this" is hilarious in its own right.

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Look I understand women let me write this loving story!! They bleed right? I have this!!!

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The fact that someone scripted this, someone pencilled it, some other people probably inked & coloured it and an editor watched over it all and everyone involved along the way all went "Yep, can't see nothin' wrong with any of this" is hilarious in its own right.

There's such a fine line between hilarious and horrifying.

The unnecessary and poorly written caption box hints to me that the person behind this might not be a very good writer...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Still seeking that elusive funny Sonic panel.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Random Stranger posted:

There's such a fine line between hilarious and horrifying.

The unnecessary and poorly written caption box hints to me that the person behind this might not be a very good writer...

I dunno I think basically everything else about it clued me in first.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Comic Book Nerds don't understand how menstruation works, film at 11

I don't know where it's from, but not even Carnage deserves Skrillex.

Edit: also I think this is one of the least fugly drawings of Deadpool's face I've ever seen. Dude almost looks normal, just with a bad case of acne scars.

Malachite_Dragon fucked around with this message at 10:05 on Dec 30, 2014

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Edit: also I think this is one of the least fugly drawings of Deadpool's face I've ever seen. Dude almost looks normal, just with a bad case of acne scars.

Deadpool vs. Carnage #2.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

I think the quality of Deadpool's face may actually canonically change due to the fluctuating nature of his cancer/healing factor combo. Can someone confirm/deny?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ManiacClown posted:

I think the quality of Deadpool's face may actually canonically change due to the fluctuating nature of his cancer/healing factor combo. Can someone confirm/deny?

I don't think it matters, everyone reacts the same.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Deadpool #12

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I like Deadpool best when you honestly can't tell if he's being sarcastic or it's genuine pathos.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
Could someone post the panels where Cyclops is arguing with Captain America in front of everyone, but it's just Namor's inner monologue about how Cyclops isn't as crummy as everyone thinks, that he would bang his woman, and how such bangery is also a compliment?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Ghostlight posted:

Deadpool #12

That's generally my reaction when someone suggests drinking Miller Lite.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Atmus posted:

Could someone post the panels where Cyclops is arguing with Captain America in front of everyone, but it's just Namor's inner monologue about how Cyclops isn't as crummy as everyone thinks, that he would bang his woman, and how such bangery is also a compliment?

Uncanny X-Men 11

"a compliment, in its own way" Namor's probably tried using that as a pick-up line before.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

ManiacClown posted:

It's entirely up to the artists and most of them disagree on how it should look.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

TwoPair posted:

Uncanny X-Men 11

Is this the series where Namor has 'diplomatic relations' with a fish monster?

First series to make me really like the character.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Lurdiak posted:

It's entirely up to the artists and most of them disagree on how it should look.
I'm pretty sure it is canon that his face is fluctuating constantly due to the cancer making lesions and tumors break out almost as quickly as his healing factor can get them.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CapnAndy posted:

I'm pretty sure it is canon that his face is fluctuating constantly due to the cancer making lesions and tumors break out almost as quickly as his healing factor can get them.

Are we talking actual canon, or Marvel Handbook canon? Like them shits say Spider-man sticks to wall with static electricity, but I'm pretty sure that's never come up in the books.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Spider-static definitely came up in Spider-Girl. She uses it to stick things to other things. Like enemies to walls, or Ben Grimm to a pole. I'd find the panel, but I've let my Marvel Unlimited sub expire and can't be bothered to sort it just for this.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Elfface posted:

Spider-static definitely came up in Spider-Girl. She uses it to stick things to other things. Like enemies to walls, or Ben Grimm to a pole. I'd find the panel, but I've let my Marvel Unlimited sub expire and can't be bothered to sort it just for this.

She'd also use the opposite, to push herself off walls or throw crap at baddies. But they also explicitly said that it was something May could do that her dad couldn't.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Lurdiak posted:

Are we talking actual canon, or Marvel Handbook canon? Like them shits say Spider-man sticks to wall with static electricity, but I'm pretty sure that's never come up in the books.

There was a Spider-Man story in the late 80s/early 90s (think it was in Spectacular, still in the black duds) where Electro does exactly that - has a eureka moment, absorbs all the static electricity in the vicinity and Pete suddenly loses his grip and drops like a rock into a barrage of lightning bolts.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Breetai posted:

Is this the series where Namor has 'diplomatic relations' with a fish monster?

First series to make me really like the character.

I'm pretty sure Gillen wrote both those.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Why should you be reading the Bob's Burgers comic? Tina's Battlestar Galactica Erotic Friend Fiction.

Bob's Burgers #2

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
She Hulk, not a furry.

Avenging Spider-Man #9.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Can't tell if Spidey is covering his mouth in :magical: fashion or if he's trying to keep from busting out laughing. I love it.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

TwoPair posted:

Uncanny X-Men 11

"a compliment, in its own way" Namor's probably tried using that as a pick-up line before.

Thanks!

I forgot how awesome that Jersey Shore D-bag Elf Namor looks in this.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Elfface posted:

Allow me.

Regardless of universe, Reed Richards is still a dick.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Can't tell if Spidey is covering his mouth in :magical: fashion or if he's trying to keep from busting out laughing. I love it.

The latter from what I remember from the issue, followed by his exclamation that she looked absolutely adorable as well.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Cooked Auto posted:

The latter from what I remember from the issue, followed by his exclamation that she looked absolutely adorable as well.

Same source as listed above.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I know how this thread feels about Sonic comics, but I need to show something very special.

(Sonic Live)

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

Mr Tastee posted:

I know how this thread feels about Sonic comics, but I need to show something very special.

Yeah, no. Seriously, one more sonic post and I'm gonna start posting (actually funny) MLP panels.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Sizone posted:

Yeah, no. Seriously, one more sonic post and I'm gonna start posting (actually funny) MLP panels.

2015 is off to a roaring start.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Sonic comics are the Aquaman of the Funny Panels thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Heh heh, I just obsessively collect sonic comics to make fun of them. It isn't like I'm a fan or anything despite never posting anything else in the funny panels thread. Likewise, the fur suit is ironic.

• Locked thread