Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I guess there has to be one thing I just can't help, Lois.

Exit Strategy posted:

Not sure if someone's posted it before, but from Batman, Inc. #7:

I remember looking forward to that issue so much, and when it arrived, it was like Poser shat poo poo-covered bees.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Alhazred posted:

(Final Crisis #7)
God how I miss Renee Montoya as the Question :(

It took me a lot longer than it should have, to figure out that "everyone looks like you guys" could mean "black people" as well as "Superman and Wonder Woman," and that's why they share that sidelong glance.

It took me a while to figure out that "wrestling the Midgard serpent" in Ultimates was a masturbation joke, too. Sometimes I am dumb.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

techknight posted:

HEY KIDS! from Action Comics #462:

Pete Ross' son is dying! The only thing that can cure him is to know Superman's secret identity.. But no one will believe the truth! From Action Comics #457:

Finally, after some battling some supervillains...

"It's never as bad as it seems, Jon. You're much stronger than you think you are."

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I dunno, I laughed pretty loving hard at it.

I just don't think I was supposed to.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Last one's a DCU Christmas special. I don't know which one.

I love how it's canon that Santa Claus exists in the DC universe.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Not only is Santa canon, but he joined the Justice League.

Source: JLA #60. I re-read this comic every year at Christmas time, because it is every bit as awesome as it looks.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Once you figure out that Spidey Super Stories were written for kids the same age as Malachai Nicolle, they become amazing. Axe Cop has the exact same approach to dialogue.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Superman cameos don't count, he's practically everywhere in comics.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

kujeger posted:

Found this old gem while going through some old files. Having just recently finished reading The Ultimate Cosmic Experience, the difference is.. noticeable.

What If II#3 (Or so google tells me)

Sholly Fisch? The one that writes the backups in Action Comics? Wow.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Who's "Wally West?" Don't you know that Barry Allen is the only Flaoh God :smith:

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Deadpool's basically Bugs Bunny in the Marvel Universe. What's a cartoon if not indestructible?

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

From Blasto: Eternity is Forever. It wasn't as funny as the Easter egg in Mass Effect 3, but this is praise by faint damnation since said Easter egg is one of the funniest things I've ever heard.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I remember Millar - who wrote that scene - mentioning that he'd asked a Japanese speaking friend for a name that translated to "Poet of Mars," which was J'onn's old profession. Apparently his friend played a prank on him.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Cassa posted:

Why does he look like Norman Osborn?

The fact that he is talking about a "Gwen" is reminding me of a story I would rather not think about.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I hope to hell that David Aja and Matt Fraction get in on this.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I thought it was a whisper dotted line, but the tail looks okay. It just looks pixilated.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Pretty much all of the Great Comics That Never Happened are gold, but yeah, that one's a goodie. So's this:

Art by Dean Trippe, words by Chris Sims.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

I bring Twitter wisdom.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

There is a rumor that Mort Weisenger was making everyone create stories based on his trip to the psychiatrist. I 100% believe it, and think that if editorial interference has to be the watchword of the day, can't it at least be like that?

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

There are windows in Wayne Manor as well. What I'm saying is that Open Window Man cannot be stopped.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

GorfZaplen posted:

from Strange Adventures #101

Well, don't keep us in suspense. Why was the fish so danged important?

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Remember when everyone was trying to convince themselves that Chuck Austen was going to turn into a good writer... any time now?

I remember people saying that his run on Action Comics was him "finding his character," and man, the second the husband-and-wife supervillains called Sodom and Gamorrah showed up I was going "really."

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Millar made some really stupid comments about race back when he was just breaking into comics but for the life of me I can't find the quotes anywhere.

Something to do with him openly wondering if there were any black retarded people?

He also had a joke pitch modeled after Death of Superman called Rape of Wonder Woman. I can't believe I ever liked the guy. Past Me was an idiot.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Sentinel Red posted:

Yeah, Fraction just retweeted the entire thing, absolutely amazing. I guess I should be following Steranko, shouldn't I?

The Man They Call Steranko is the best thing on Twitter right now. Today he posted about the time he joined a gang, befriended an abused dog and drove an rear end in a top hat out of his neighborhood.

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

DC Comics Megathread: I'm not sure I ever needed to see that in a comic

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Now you have to post who got him on the plane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mike From Nowhere
Jan 31, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So this one dude is responsible for the DnD Comics, the Blue Beetle relaunch and Leverage? Why isn't he working more? What is he currently doing and how can I consume it?

Currently he's doing Arcanum with Todd Harris at Thrillbent, Mark Waid's digital comics emporium. It's free. Go read it.

• Locked thread